Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity tv app error: 3005

New Poster

Xfinity tv app error: 3005

I keep trying to sign into my account on my iPad mini on the xfinity tv app for X1 customers. I have this app on my iPhone, but it won't let me sign in on my iPad. Before, it gave me an error code and told me to call. So I did. Twice. The customer service was very unhelpful and bounced me around to many employees. I decided to give up. But, I saw that there was a new update and decided to try again on my iPad. It still gives me an error message but with a different error code:3005. I do not want to waste my time talking on the phone and getting no answers. All I would like is for my app to work on my iPad. Please help. 

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity tv app error: 3005

Hmd299 wrote:

I keep trying to sign into my account on my iPad mini on the xfinity tv app for X1 customers. I have this app on my iPhone, but it won't let me sign in on my iPad. Before, it gave me an error code and told me to call. So I did. Twice. The customer service was very unhelpful and bounced me around to many employees. I decided to give up. But, I saw that there was a new update and decided to try again on my iPad. It still gives me an error message but with a different error code:3005. I do not want to waste my time talking on the phone and getting no answers. All I would like is for my app to work on my iPad. Please help. 

do you have an iphone/android phone and if so, does the app work there? 

easy to just uninstall the app, then reinstall it, login, and it should be working fine.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Sorry for your problems,all comcast cares about ,yep you guessed it is MONEY, they pretend to help but send you all over place & you get no real help.I'm very disappointed with their product.

Service Expert

Almost all error codes like this one are caused by a poor signal to the X1 box.  It took visits from 5 techs to find all the weaknesses in the Comcast cabling all the way back one block to the entrance to my alley to fix my signal issues.  My cableing in my home was not causing the weak signal.

The coax from my pole to my home had to be replaced because squirrels had chewed through the coax.  But there were other issues in the alley that Comcast also had to fix.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Do you people not read before posting? The OP stated he has issues signing into the Xfinity TV app on his iPad, NOT having error codes on his X1 box. Poor signal to the X1 box has nothing to do with the Xfinity TV app.

Posting for posting sake doesn't help the user, just increases your post count. This is about the 100th time you posted about your squirrel issue.

RobertWy wrote:

Almost all error codes like this one are caused by a poor signal to the X1 box.  It took visits from 5 techs to find all the weaknesses in the Comcast cabling all the way back one block to the entrance to my alley to fix my signal issues.  My cableing in my home was not causing the weak signal.

The coax from my pole to my home had to be replaced because squirrels had chewed through the coax.  But there were other issues in the alley that Comcast also had to fix.

New Poster

Check your date and time setting.  It needs to be on auto set.