Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity.tv Videos constantly freeze

New Poster

Xfinity.tv Videos constantly freeze

Everything I try to watch online at xfinity.tv freezes. It is not just a specific show, movie or episode, it is everything. I never used to have any problems, What is the deal.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity.tv Videos constantly freeze

most likely something on your computer is causing this.  very hard to troubleshoot that with the millions of programs that people can have on their computers.  No two are alike.   have you tried restarting your computer and see if that fixes it.

New Poster

it happens to me too... its not our pc...its comcast!! alot of them dont even start!!

Regular Contributor

If you're talking about choppy video that freezes for a few seconds every minute or so, there are at least 6 threads about this problem. Its most definitely Comcast, not anything on your end.

New Poster

why does it work one day but not the next? or eps 1 will play but not eps 2?? i cant get the last 3 episodes of walking dead to play at all... just the opening commercial plays...then a black screen... ggrrrr

Regular Contributor

There are lots of reasons, but if you take decent care of your PC its likely not on your end.

- Comcast has a huge buffering problem with their streaming video service. I can only watch programs on Xfinity late at night, otherwise it pauses for 3-5 seconds multiple times per minute.

- They don't seem to have enough servers to meet our needs. Thats why new episodes will lag or not play at all...too many people trying to access tham at once.

- Most of the files Comcast uses for its content and advertising are sent to them by third parties (networks and advertisers). Its pretty apparent that the files are just dropped onto the server without being tested first. If theres a commercial with bad code in it, it will loop or not segue back to the program. Bad files might not even play at all.

- There seems to be no quality assurance team at Comcast. All content should be tested out before its put on the live servers, but its obvious from the rookie errors we all see on the site that this is not happening.

Most of this stuff seems easily fixable, which is what makes it so frustrating. I suspect its because they don't have enough customers using Xfinity.com to watch shows, so its not important enough to fix the problems. Like most big business BS, they won't pay attention until its too late and they start losing customers. Thats why we need to speak up and let them know how badly they are doiing, and how many of us are being affected.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation