Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity to go

New Poster

Xfinity to go

Comcast continues to open ticket after ticket for my inability to use  the "to go" app in the past few weeks....WEEKS!  Everything checks out on my computer.  I have no issues watching Netflix or other video programming in general on my Chromebook. For no apparent reason, the to go app just stopped working.  I've "chatted" both live and on line with comcast Tech folks with NO solution. More than frustrated as paying steep price for service and not being able to make use of it while abroad.  Even the customer service people don't know the products.  One will tell me "you can't watch programs while out of the US" so they don't know that I'm NOT streaming!  I keep explaining over and over.  Other person will be aware of the purpose and say "of course, that's the whole purpose of the Xfinity to go app, so that you can record and watch your programs from ANYWHERE".  

COMCAST stop opening tickets and fix your app!

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity to go

june10,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

First place there is no "to go" app.  There is either the Xfinity TV app or the Xfinity TV Go app.  If you are on a Chromebook, then you would be using one of the TV websites: Xfinity TV Go (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/) or Xfinity TV (https://tv.xfinity.com).  Which one are you trying to use?

Since you said you are abroad, it really doesn't matter which you would be using since you were told correctly that you cannot stream content outside the United States.

From the XFINITY TV Go App FAQs

Can I stream or download outside of the United States?
The XFINITY TV Go app allows you to stream and download in the continental U.S. plus Hawaii and Alaska. All other countries, including U.S. territories, are blocked but your downloaded content can be played back anywhere - even if you are out of the country.

If I misinterpreted what you said, I apologize.  But it sounds like you are trying to watch from outside the continental U.S. which is not allowed.

june10 wrote:

Comcast continues to open ticket after ticket for my inability to use  the "to go" app in the past few weeks....WEEKS!  Everything checks out on my computer.  I have no issues watching Netflix or other video programming in general on my Chromebook. For no apparent reason, the to go app just stopped working.  I've "chatted" both live and on line with comcast Tech folks with NO solution. More than frustrated as paying steep price for service and not being able to make use of it while abroad.  Even the customer service people don't know the products.  One will tell me "you can't watch programs while out of the US" so they don't know that I'm NOT streaming!  I keep explaining over and over.  Other person will be aware of the purpose and say "of course, that's the whole purpose of the Xfinity to go app, so that you can record and watch your programs from ANYWHERE".  

COMCAST stop opening tickets and fix your app!

New Poster

ok, sorry I didn't type "Xfinity" each time I referred to the app....in any case, as I mentioned...I am not streaming but trying to watch downloaded content from by DVR.  It magically started working again a couple of days ago then stopped.  Seems to be a conflict in the Xfinity message....either you can or you can't watch downloaded content "anywhere". 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation