Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity online TV listings not accurate

New Poster

Xfinity online TV listings not accurate

Is anyone else experiencing a discrepancy between the TV listings on Xfinity.com and the TV listings on your tv via the guide on the remote?

I have come across 3 separate instances in the past 2 days:  last night on ESPN2 and today on Lifetime and Nickelodeon networks.

When I used the chat I got transferred twice and the last representative was the most helpful but still did not explain why the discrepancies existed.   She said it was a "Network issue" and "not the fault of Comcast."

I told her I understood it was beyond what she as an individual could solve but I want it noted on my account that I am dissatisfied with the discrepancies and inaccuracies of the online TV listings and unahppy that I must now find another source online to use as a TV channel listing guide since theirs is not reliable.

Anybody else come across this and, if so, did you find another way to view accurate TV listings online?

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity online TV listings not accurate

Zap2It.com has been pretty accurate.

Comcast gets some of their information from TVGuide I believe.

My area just upgraded the online listing to match up all the channels that Comcast actually offers in my area.

Official Employee

soozster,

Please give us your zip code and service area so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I suffered with this for months. Nothing hardly matched my zip code. I finally found the MSN TV listings and they were spot on. And now Xfinity found them and washed their spots away.

It got so bad that Comcast finally gave me an extra box and remote for my bedroom tv so I could look ahead at what was coming on via remote and that work. The box and remote were because they couldn't give me any accurate TV Guide and it was a NO COST. 

A month later my bill went up $25 dollars. I emailed them asking what actual items they were charging me for and never got a response.

Then I found TV Listings --- MSN TV and I could look up what I wanted to watch for MONTHS.

Alas! Comcast has now found that and now when I try and bring it up I get :

Change provider
Comcast, 34498

undefined
You are viewing TV listings for Comcast (34498) Change provider

There is no information available for this request. Please try again later. 

NO TV program is listed..If I go to the Comcast TV listing the stations are all divided up into Sports, movies and kids and none are what I get.
If anyone has found a solution for this I would sure like to hear it. I am paying much more than before and can't find out ahead what will be on and when and even the correct station. .

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation