Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity on Xbox question

New Poster

Xfinity on Xbox question

I have Comcast services at my home.  I use Xfinity for TV services and Comcast's Business Cable internet services for telecommuters.

Xfinity for Xbox is telling me that I cannot use the Xbox app because I don't have Xfinity internet services.  Is this correct?  If so, how can this be?  I mean I have comcast TV and Comcast internet.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity on Xbox question

Raizor wrote:

I have Comcast services at my home.  I use Xfinity for TV services and Comcast's Business Cable internet services for telecommuters.

Xfinity for Xbox is telling me that I cannot use the Xbox app because I don't have Xfinity internet services.  Is this correct?  If so, how can this be?  I mean I have comcast TV and Comcast internet.

Thanks.

I am sorry but it is not available to Business Class Internet users, only Residential Xfinity High Speed Internet Users.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Here's the thing - for folks like us who don't enjoy bundle discounts in for internet and TV service, what keeps us subscribing to Comcast TV?

We can easily dump Comcast video for a (usually cheaper) satellite competitor, without incuring a penalty, sicne we're not in a bundle.

Why would you not offer Xbox streaming to folks who have business internet and comcast video?  I've been holding out waiting for this service, and if it's never going to be available, I'm not sure why I'd keep Comcast video.

Are there any plans to change this policy?  And if so, what kind of time table exists to do so?

New Poster

Ridiculous.  I'm in the same boat as Raizor.  I pay MORE for Comcast BCI than a residential-class Xfinity user, yet I can't use the features of the things I've paid for.  I've already ditched the Comcast cable box in favor of Windows Media Center for live TV, I think this might be the nail in the coffin for my Xfinity Cable TV account.  

Try harder.

New Poster

Totally agree.  Comcast seems to continually have policies that punish the customers who pay the most for their products.  I can understand if this is a technological oversight that they plan on fixing ... but from the answers I'm seeing Comcast is saying "you're out of luck".

New Poster

This is totally ludicrous -- what a dumb policy.  So you pay probably 2x much as people who bundle high speed internet but you don't get xfinity streaming?  You've got to be kidding me!  

And why am I sticking with comcast for cable at all?  This is just dumb.