Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity live TV: NBC is streaming the wrong channel.

New Poster

Xfinity live TV: NBC is streaming the wrong channel.

Standard def channel 5 NBC on xfinity live is streaming wgby56 instead. And high def NBC channel 822 doesn't even work. It's been doing this all day long. Please fix.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity live TV: NBC is streaming the wrong channel.

It's now been ten days and still the same problem. 111 Views and noboby cares to fix this significate the problem? I'm paying for channels I'm not able to view. you are streaming the wrong channel. I can't be the only one with this problem. When is anyone ging to address this...

New Poster

Similar thing happening to me. All of my channels in the XFINITY apps (both Android and iOS) are wrong and online they are wrong as well. I live just north of Detroit and my channel listing seems to be from Grand Rapids. On my TV at home, channel 4 is the local NBC channel out of Detroit. In the app and online the local NBC channel is on 8 and appears to be the Grand Rapids local channel. 

Contributor

I have a similar problem in that CBS content is NOT that of CBS but MLB.  It's the only channel that I've found to display the wrong content, but it has been this way for a week.  I wanted to watch the CBS coverage of the Solar Eclipse this morning, and all I saw was MLB material and interviews.  This was first reported to Xfinity, and I sat on line with several techs for over 1 hour on the phone last week.  They were to call back within 24hours with the status, etc.  Didn't hear a thing, and until this morning hadn't thought about it.  The problem is consistant with ANY pc I connect to my home network.  In fact I fired up an old laptop and the MLB problem was present.

Any chance that the modem could be at fault?  It is an Arris TM822 that I purchased to avoid the rental fee.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation