Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity is not on ATT Sportsnet App?????

New Poster

Xfinity is not on ATT Sportsnet App?????

Why is Xfinity not on the mobile app? This is Houston. We should be able to access our Astros on the go. Especially at work. Why do I pay for the service but when I loaded down the app on my phone, Xfinity was not a choice. If I go on the Xfinity to Go app, it says I have to watch at home. This really is bad business and its going viral in Houston area. Especially on FB Blessed to Be an Astros group which has 18,000 members and growing. Please fix this. We need to see our team at work not just at home. Thanks

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity is not on ATT Sportsnet App?????

@Jeanreed wrote:

Why is Xfinity not on the mobile app? This is Houston. We should be able to access our Astros on the go. Especially at work. Why do I pay for the service but when I loaded down the app on my phone, Xfinity was not a choice. If I go on the Xfinity to Go app, it says I have to watch at home. This really is bad business and its going viral in Houston area. Especially on FB Blessed to Be an Astros group which has 18,000 members and growing. Please fix this. We need to see our team at work not just at home. Thanks

your Houston Astros set that limitation, probably so they can ask for more money for their 'over the top) (internet) app access.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Perhaps this is the Astros doing.  Perhaps the other 30 cable providers who DO allow access are just stupid.  However, since the network was formerly owned by Comcast, the Astros and Rockets, and there is still an ongoing bankruptcy related to the predecessor network, I suspect that it is more sour grapes and spite toward ATT and DirectTV than anything else.  I doubt that they care.  But, since I pay extra for the network, I should be able to access it through the network's app, and I do care that the spite aimed at another party is hurting me.

I agree with the original poster that this is just bad business.  I guess the alternative is to drop my Xfinity local sports and subscribe to MLBTV?  Really?  Is that the best that Comcast can do - especially when ATT SportsNet claims that access to the app is already included in my paid subscription through my cable provider.

New Poster

Unfortunately MLB.tv is not an option for local baseball. If you are in an area where any cable/tv provider has ATT Sportsnet, MLB.tv will blackout the Astros. I was going to get it for my aunt who lives in Arkansas. You would think that would not be a blackout area but there is a provider there which offers a channel (at a premium price) with Astros coverage. MLB.tv is pretty worthless for the home team fans.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation