Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity clock is too fast

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity clock is too fast

The clock on the menu page is too fast. All DVR recordings get chopped off a minute or so early. Can we adjust the time or is the system clock too fast. My wife operates 3 DVR's at our house and gets the problem on all 3 of them. Please advise.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity clock is too fast

This issue has been posted hundreds of times, with no solution ever offered. I use a Tivo, which gets its time from a different source, and I also miss the last minute of most shows.

Adding a minute to each recording seems to be the only fix.

Frequent Visitor

It is sad that they just won't fix the clock. Your solution causes an overlap problem if recording shows one after the other on different channels. Thanks for your reply.

barbie123 wrote:

This issue has been posted hundreds of times, with no solution ever offered. I use a Tivo, which gets its time from a different source, and I also miss the last minute of most shows.

Adding a minute to each recording seems to be the only fix.

Silver Problem Solver

I get the same overlap warning, but never really miss anything. I am not sure it's the clock, could be the networks running long. 

Frequent Visitor

barbie123 wrote:

I get the same overlap warning, but never really miss anything. I am not sure it's the clock, could be the networks running long. 

Being kinda "Old school" back in the days of VHS, I could adjust the time to solve this. They should give us the option. Wonder where the setting is for this ?? I have asked the misses to try your trick. we will see if she is happy with it. Thanks again.

Silver Problem Solver

DVRs already do have the option to extend recordings...

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation