Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity app was seeing both DVR's but now my RNG200n is gone.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity app was seeing both DVR's but now my RNG200n is gone.

I have two dvrs which have been working fine for at least a couple months, And in the last couple weeks or so the DVR functionality started working on. Oth as well. Today I noticed only my SD DVR shows up on my iOS app and on the website. I cycled power to the HD Cisco RNG200n box but nothing shows up.  I am certainly dismayed at the inconsistency of this system.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity app was seeing both DVR's but now my RNG200n is gone.

edenorchestra wrote:

I have two dvrs which have been working fine for at least a couple months, And in the last couple weeks or so the DVR functionality started working on. Oth as well. Today I noticed only my SD DVR shows up on my iOS app and on the website. I cycled power to the HD Cisco RNG200n box but nothing shows up.  I am certainly dismayed at the inconsistency of this system.  Any suggestions?

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Well it's been a month of continuous on and off connections to my DVR. TECH support has contacted me a couple times, had a tech replace my brand new box, and mostly the XApp is dead. It comes and goes, mostly goes. For a while I had "watch channel" and "record channel". It often reports, "new DVR found, but now it never connects. The tech that changed my DVR, even admitted his personal Android is on and off all the time, he honestly had no idea what to do. Tonight from the Xfinity website I am getting, "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

Come on Comcast,where's all your smart system people, I really have a hard time believing ""this is the first time we've seen this problem". You're touting this new functionality, but I have yet to see it. I have a Pioneer surround system app on my iPad, works fine, my Apple TV app works fine, my Sharp Aquos on Ethernet works fine.

Frequent Visitor

Bump . . . Comcast?
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation