Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity app is not: 1) showing some channels 2) setting up the recording on my DVR

New Poster

Xfinity app is not: 1) showing some channels 2) setting up the recording on my DVR

Installed the iPad app weeks ago.  It has been working so far.  Last week I noticed that one station I wanted to record a show from (I think it was Spike) was missing from the app listing.

Today, CBS (803) and CW (811) were missing from the app.

I went to my DVR and checked all the shows I set to record.  There were NOT set.

What is going on.  I know I have the correct channel setup.  Some channels do not show.  I can get to them by searching.  Then the app is not setting the correct show on my set DVR.

I cannot rely on this app.  It is not solid.

So, I am considering trashing the app and just setting up my DVR manually without the app.

Just letting you know.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity app is not: 1) showing some channels 2) setting up the recording on my D

bbrachman wrote:

Installed the iPad app weeks ago.  It has been working so far.  Last week I noticed that one station I wanted to record a show from (I think it was Spike) was missing from the app listing.

Today, CBS (803) and CW (811) were missing from the app.

I went to my DVR and checked all the shows I set to record.  There were NOT set.

What is going on.  I know I have the correct channel setup.  Some channels do not show.  I can get to them by searching.  Then the app is not setting the correct show on my set DVR.

I cannot rely on this app.  It is not solid.

So, I am considering trashing the app and just setting up my DVR manually without the app.

Just letting you know.

Try uninstalling the app and then install it again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Xfinity app is not: 1) showing some channels 2) setting up the recording on my D

i am also having the same problem with my ipad xfinity app.  there are many channels missing from the guide and there are no descriptions of the shows for the channels that are in the guide.  the problem has been occurring for a few days, probably since updating the app with the ltest version.  deleting the app and reinstalling did not help.  any guidance would be appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver

well setting your recording on your tv is always the best method.  If you want to guarantee what you want to record pick up your remote and set your dvr with it.. the app is suppose to be used if you are away from your home and want to do things to complain its not working when you can easily set it with your remote is in my opinion silly.

New Poster

if an app exists it should work properly

Silver Problem Solver

the app does work its just  not working for you.  i have had the app for years but never really use it to set recordings as I find that whatever i need to record I already have set.  I never come across an issue where I say oh I forgot to set a recording for that let me log in and do it now.  the issue is with your account and your hardware the app works so the problem is why does it not work for you?  You can only have 3 devices set for it also so you might want to look into that.

Official Employee

171b wrote:

i am also having the same problem with my ipad xfinity app.  there are many channels missing from the guide and there are no descriptions of the shows for the channels that are in the guide.  the problem has been occurring for a few days, probably since updating the app with the ltest version.  deleting the app and reinstalling did not help.  any guidance would be appreciated.

What is your zip code, service area, and what specific channels are missing or are incorrect?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Just discovered channel 804 is MISSING from Xfinity App under iOS! Zip 07922

New Poster

my zip is 01474.  service area is central massachusetts.  823, 826-829, hgtv, E, food network, and numerous other channels are missing

New Poster

I am in SE Mass., zip 02771. I have had the iPad app for a year or so, and it has always worked until recently.

I find that there are no program (episode) descriptions at all.

Setting the DVR from the app is sketchy, it does not always work.

i hadn't updated the app. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but the problems persist.

Like another poster says, if you have the app, it should work. I use it for convenience and it just isn't convenient with these glitches.

Contributor

I cannot believe Comcast charging an additional $10.00 a month for an anyplay device. Cablevision, Time Warner and Bright House offer this service free as long as you are on your home wifi network. All you need is the app installed on your device.

Official Employee

171b wrote:

my zip is 01474.  service area is central massachusetts.  823, 826-829, hgtv, E, food network, and numerous other channels are missing

When using your zip code, channels 823, 826-829 are appearing for me. Make sure that you have all your filters off and then try again. If not, please override the Comcast Recommended lineup and manually enter your zip code.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

with hd filter off i get all channels on guide as well as program descriptions.  with hd filter on i am missing the same channels as before as well as many program descriptions.  i am unsure of how to override recommended program list.  app does not let me uncheck recommended list or save my zip. any help would be appreciated.  

New Poster

Joe:

Did what you asked.  Unistalled the app.  Turned the iPad (2) off.

Installed it again.  Signed in.  Looked at the recommended channels.  803 and 811 still not there.

Switched to 19064.  Digital channels.

Again, they do not show.

One thing.  When I entered 19064, the long list of channels appeared.  I scrolled all the way up to the 800s.  I noticed that the channels that are not showing do NOT have a network icon showing.  The only thing that shows next to the channel is a generic TV icon.  All the rest have their proper network logo/icon.

Can't use this until it is fixed.

Thanks.

Bruce

Official Employee

bbrachman wrote:

Joe:

Did what you asked.  Unistalled the app.  Turned the iPad (2) off.

Installed it again.  Signed in.  Looked at the recommended channels.  803 and 811 still not there.

Switched to 19064.  Digital channels.

Again, they do not show.

One thing.  When I entered 19064, the long list of channels appeared.  I scrolled all the way up to the 800s.  I noticed that the channels that are not showing do NOT have a network icon showing.  The only thing that shows next to the channel is a generic TV icon.  All the rest have their proper network logo/icon.

Can't use this until it is fixed.

Thanks.

Bruce

Make sure that you have no filters on and that no favorites are set.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

taking the hd filter off enabled me to get all of the channels inthe guide.  but at the risk of suffering the wrath of a previous post, i will state that it is inconvenient to scroll thru 800 channels to the hd part of my guide.  is there a fix inthe works for this app.  any info or help would be appreciated as i have always found this app to be extremely useful.  thx

Gold Problem Solver

171b wrote: ... at the risk of suffering the wrath of a previous post ...

Just ignore such posts.

... it is inconvenient to scroll thru 800 channels to the hd part of my guide.  is there a fix inthe works for this app. ...

It's unlikely. Comcast persists in the Marketing-driven delusion that, somehow, infuriating customers by making then scroll though hundreds of "Not Authorized", "Subscription Required", and just plain uninteresting channels will somehow cause customers to say: "Hey! I want to subscribe to those infuriating/boring channels!". Go figure.

New Poster

Same problem here. Zip is 80205 in Colorado. App has been working fine for a year, but now certain channels are missing from the list, even though they are in the master list and I have checked them as Favorites. App needs a fix.

New Poster

I exchanged email with xfinity support and, after they initially misled me into reinstalling the app, they admitted there is a problem with the current version of the app where the program information feed is not working correctly. You would think all their support personnel would know and admit to this. They said it would be fixed in the next release. That was weeks ago. I am in the programming field and I can't fathom why this isn't something that can be fixed in days, not months--especially since it used to work fine. Disappointing, but it wasn't long ago the app didn't even exist, so I guess I can't be too irate Smiley Happy

New Poster

I have same problem.  ZIP code is 95030.  I have deleted and reinstalled app-- no joy.  I have deselected program listing and manually chosen by zip code-- still no improvement.  Double checked app filters-- channels don't show up with all filters off.  I have had this app for more than 6 months and it worked well up til a week ago.  Please get someone on a fix.

New Poster

Same issue as others. App worked great for about a year then noticed channels missing. The channels reappear when if I turn off the filters, but we shouldn't have to workaround a broken feature. Hope the next update fixes this pretty major regression.

I've also recently seen channels listed twice depending on my filter configuration, but was unable to reproduce right now.

I'm in 94102 and missing channels are: 743 (Spike), 744 (G4), 750 (Discovery), 651 (Animal Planet), 752 (TLC), 755 (Travel), 756 (Science), 758 (History), 781 (Vh1), 782 (MTV), 786 (TNT), 789 (TCM), 790 (IFC), 798 (AMC), 804 (ID), 805 (H2)

Regular Visitor

I am having the same exact problem here in Boston, zip 02132.

I have even set my zipcode in the settings, but still missing several HD channels in the listings, even with no filters on and no favorites set.

What's worse is when you do turn on the HD filter it actually removes over 70% of the HD Channel Listings!!!

Also having a second problem where if I click on a particular program the program details window (i.e., where it normally shows the description and the "watch on TV" and "record" buttons) won't open. Instead I get an error message sayinh "An unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again."

This doesn't happen on every single channel, but happens on over 95% of them.

Using the latest version of the app on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) with the JellyBean update.

I also tried both clearing the App's data & cache as well as just completely removing it and reinstalling it, all to no avail.

Frequent Visitor

That was a helpful reply, not. Ignorant, yes. Helpful, no.

New Poster

there is no discovery channel on xfinity app ....    not for android from google play or on my kindle fire..   not for my zip code 93711.      btw  i have a very high level cable package also including starz hbo.  it is available in my online content but not on the app for my phone or kindle.

Official Employee

It's a provider issue if Discovery doesn't want it available it won't be available

Community Icon

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Xfinity app is not: 1) showing some channels not others.

Tried to get Discovery Channel in my browser. When I select PLAY I get: Video can only be played through the XFINITY TV App.
Please download the XFINITY TV App from iTunes in order to watch your subscription’s On Demand shows and movies anytime.

I HAVE the App on my iPad..?The Discovery Channel is NOT an available channel,
Why am I told that I can get my Xfinity channels anywhere I travel when this is not the case?