Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity app for windows 8 phone new glitch?

Regular Contributor

Xfinity app for windows 8 phone new glitch?

I have had this app for quite a while it did have some glitches at times like,not showing the tv listings.Found here it was fixed by uninstalling then reinstalling it as a fix I, used this a couple of times as fix as well as when I went to X1 platform.Now I had this listing problem for several days so, I tried to do the reinstall app only to have a new glitch it shows 4 tv's when I have 3 it showes 2 livingroom sets.I tried to pick one of them to see if the app was working to no avail no change channel responce on any tv even when changing the box selection.

This morning checked on line my equiptment and it shows as it should 1  X1 dvr and 2 X1 clients.Just wondering if there is a fix or someone else has had this problem too.I guess I'll try to reinstall in a few days to see if my equiptment is correct .I do like the app but, with X1 now I can delete shows from clients which you couldn't with other anyroom boxes.The big loss now is to schedule a recording when away from home which was nice with the app .Any input would be appreciated

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity app for windows 8 phone new glitch?

Update still have problem when reinstalling app and showing an extra living room box .Now noticed as well on DVR manager site too but, on my account site it shows the right 3 boxes only.I did call but, nop help only that I indeed have 3 boxes 1 X1dvr and 2 X1 clients which I knew.I did read that some people that a update happened around the time I tried to reboot the app to bring up the TV listings .This did give me the listings but, caused this new glitch with no way of correcting it.

Like I mentioned on original post the apps main function with X1 would be to set a recording when not at home and forgot.Prior to the X1 anyroom I found it also good for deleting shows when using a client box for viewing but, the X1 at least lets you do that,

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity app for windows 8 phone new glitch?

Latest effort to reinstall Windows8 phone app now shows the correct number of boxes but,won't respond at all.I can bring up TV listings but, not able to change channels or set a recording from any of my boxes.It seems totally unresponsive as before any answers or help would be appreciated.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation