Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" even though I'm on my home network

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 251 of 347
Yes I tried everything on that website. I see that the serial number and MAC address on my router is listed as the same on the website. I saw you told others that could be there issue, how do you fix that?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 252 of 347

jcarch wrote:
Yes I tried everything on that website. I see that the serial number and MAC address on my router is listed as the same on the website. I saw you told others that could be there issue, how do you fix that?

Can you try power cycling your modem and try connectign again?  Unplug power for 30 seconds and replug back in.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 253 of 347
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 254 of 347

I started facing this problem on my brand new X1 router and just couldn't figure out why. For me, the reason turned out to be the fact that I was on the company VPN. Once I disconnected the VPN, it said I was at home...

Hope this helps someone facing a similar problem.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 255 of 347
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 256 of 347

Xfinity TV stopped working in the middle of watching live TV tonight. Keep getting Out of Home message on all of my devices and the website. Tried all the steps and restarted the modem and router but still get the Out of Home message.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 257 of 347

I am having the same issue this evening,  has been working fine for the last month or so. Out of home

Posted by
Visitor

Message 258 of 347

Mine had been working fine up until tonight as well - getting the "out of home" message.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 259 of 347

Same for me as well.  My X1 cloud service had been working flawlessly for the past month, now have been stuck with the "Out of Home" message for the past few days.  I've rebooted my modem, tried on different browsers, and tried on different computers and Android devices.  All give "Out of Home".

I would be curious to know in which markets people are having issues or is it all over the place.  I am in the Nashville market.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 260 of 347

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Same for me as well.  My X1 cloud service had been working flawlessly for the past month, now have been stuck with the "Out of Home" message for the past few days.  I've rebooted my modem, tried on different browsers, and tried on different computers and Android devices.  All give "Out of Home".

I would be curious to know in which markets people are having issues or is it all over the place.  I am in the Nashville market.

All, sorry for the inconvenience, but there seems to be an national issue impacting users.  Our engineers have engaged the appropriate teams and are working on a fix.  

Chad

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 261 of 347

Thanks for the update Chad.

ComcastChad wrote:

All, sorry for the inconvenience, but there seems to be an national issue impacting users.  Our engineers have engaged the appropriate teams and are working on a fix.  

Chad

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 262 of 347

I hope there will be a "national refund" to all affected customers.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 263 of 347

If possible, would like to know why tech support needs to escalate my case for a known issue to network engineers to troubleshoot an issue where my Xfinity Anyroom DVR and Internet are working perfectly, yet my access to Xfinity TV does not work.  

Steps taken with tech support via chat:

Forget mobile wifi network for home network

Turn off mobile Data

Reboot Phone

Reconnect wifi

Launch Xfinity TV

I use a non-Xfinity cable modem, that is not connected to my Anywhere DVR box via Ethernet.

Per described steps for troubleshooting, please let me know what technical issue is.  Would like to know how Comcast knows what my home Wifi network is, and why it's not recognizing it now for privacy, etc reasons.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 264 of 347

I'm in the San Francisco East Bay Area and this issue of out of home network started for me tonight.  I didn't use it Thursday, it  worked fine Wednesday.  Well as fine as it ever does being it locks up and kicks me out all the time and always has.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 265 of 347

Same thing happening to me in SF Bay Area. Anything worked for anyone?  I have spent over three hours on phone and online chat with Comcast over last two days (about other issues) and now this. I am so frustrated with them I am about to cancel my service. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 266 of 347

@Chad, if this is a national issue, would it be possible to:

- update the help page: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect/

- add a banner on the web page: https://xtv.comcast.net

- display an outage notification on the customer portal: https://customer.xfinity.com/MyServices

with this information so your customers don't spend hours troubleshooting it themselves (like I did) or hours on the phone with tech support (like others have), only to find it's a network issue? Could you make this information available to the normal support channels? It seems crazy that I have to dredge through a forum post that is 9 months old to find out the solution to a national, network, comcast-wide problem!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 267 of 347

Went through the same steps as xfinity22202 late Wednesday evening to no results so I then got on with chat support. Chat support thought it would be a good idea to reset my modem remotely in the middle of our discussion. So, I never got any sort of definitive answer from them since that knocked me off chat when it happened. They mentioned potentially needing to "report this to Tier 2 support" but I couldn't complete their steps before they rebooted the modem on me. 

Regardless, same story as everyone else; I first noticed it Wednesday afternoon. Have even reduced "my home network" down to connecting my computer directly to my Comcast provided modem via ethernet and it still thinks I'm not on my own network. I'm in the Sacramento, CA area for those curious. Combining my experience here in NorCal with the reports I've seen in this thread and others, it really does appear to be a national issue.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 268 of 347

I just asked, via chat, if Comcast would be issuing a credit for the downtime. The "analyst" said it's considered a "free service"!

That's pretty funny considering they promote it in their advertising.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 269 of 347

nsevs, I totally agree with your post about some kind of notification should be posted so customers do not waste time searching for a solution that just won't happen on their end.  Even the CSR's are clueless about this issue and they end up wasting a customers time.  I don't think Comcast likes to admit problems officially though because customers might be more willing to ask for refunds for down time (just my theory).

Also, please edit your original message and fix the links you included.  They all contain an extra ")" in them that causes the link to break when clicked.

nsevs wrote:

@Chad, if this is a national issue, would it be possible to:

- update the help page (https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect/)

- add a banner on the web page (https://xtv.comcast.net)

- display an outage notification on the customer portal (https://customer.xfinity.com/MyServices)

with this information so your customers don't spend hours troubleshooting it themselves (like I did) or hours on the phone with tech support (like others have), only to find it's a network issue? Could you make this information available to the normal support channels? It seems crazy that I have to dredge through a forum post that is 9 months old to find out the solution to a national, network, comcast-wide problem!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 270 of 347

Me too!  Very frustrating as Comcast customer support is clueless

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 271 of 347

The teams have identified the issue and services should be restored throughtout the day.   It may take several hours for the ip addresses of the impacted users to be refreshed. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 272 of 347
Posted by
Contributor

Message 273 of 347

Mine started working tonight. thank you for fixing it. 

Btw, I'm in the San Francisco market if you wanted to know. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 274 of 347

What if you have XFinity TV but not their Internet service? How do you get it to work. I have had NO LUCK since we switched over. PLEASE HELP!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 275 of 347

Since you do not have Xfinity Internet service, you will always see "Out of Home" because to the Comcast server, your web page response is going to a non Comcast ip address.

home43 wrote:

What if you have XFinity TV but not their Internet service? How do you get it to work. I have had NO LUCK since we switched over. PLEASE HELP!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 276 of 347

Out of home just started back up for me last night on my home wifi... had been working for about 2 months since last problem.  How do i fix this?  Last time it just seemed to spontaneously resolve. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 277 of 347

I bet you have a galaxy tab s.  I am now having the same problem.  It started last night also and if you delete it, you can not reinstall because the google play store is saying the tablet is not compatible.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 278 of 347
Posted by
Visitor

Message 279 of 347

Hello,

I am having the same issue, do you think you can look into this for me Chad?  Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 280 of 347

Check your date/time settings and make sure they are set to automatic.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 281 of 347

Elmani321 - Sent a data refresh to is as well. Are you still having an issue with it?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 282 of 347

mine says the same thing - alos i cannot see any local stations - all others - premium etc but no local stations regular or hd  do i also need a refresh?

Posted by
Administrator

Message 283 of 347

applehazar - Did a data refresh for you. Give it an hour or two and then check it. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 284 of 347

its now worse - now it says i am not authorized all i get now is tv go  NO CHANNELS IT NOW SAYS SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRE - 12012 - WDF! - yuo r subscription does not include thsi channel - I pay $286 a month for all channels  - WHAT DID YOU DO?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 285 of 347

i am sorry - BUT - everytime i ask for assistance it gets worse - I think you are targeting me

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 286 of 347

applehazar wrote:

its now worse - now it says i am not authorized all i get now is tv go  NO CHANNELS IT NOW SAYS SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED - 12012 - WDF! - your subscription does not include this channel - I pay $286 a month for all channels  - WHAT DID YOU DO? - are you a rogue comcast employee?

i am sorry - BUT - everytime i ask for assistance it gets worse - I think you are targeting me - really - you have completely screwed up my account - someone needs to call me - this is UNACCEPTABLE - YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE - TO MESS WITH ME

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 287 of 347
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 288 of 347
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 289 of 347

the screwing with my account is very telling COMCAST!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 290 of 347
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 291 of 347
No one will call me. I stand on the record I asked for a call This is a legal memorandum of this transaction
Posted by
Visitor

Message 292 of 347

It's ridiculous how much hand waving Comcast does on something they obviously have an issue with.  Why not just say "fill the tires with air and see if it fixes the problem"?  Everyone points their finger at the other guy and says "try them". 

Just tell us that this program is beta quality and we're the QA department so there's some honesty.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 293 of 347

I applaud the comment - and repeat my hope that comcast xfinity - whatever you want to call it to disguise inept software - is not an option and obsolete by 2018!  What will happen to all the offshore employees (contractors) they have?  oh well - Upper management has golden parachutes - like lotto winners they will be made whole - good luck with that - your product DOESN'T WORK YET YOU CHARGE FOR IT!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 294 of 347
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 295 of 347
I politely asked for s call back last Tuesday I AM STILL waiting !!!!!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 296 of 347
Still nothing. Comcast is well I have to be nice. Awful. Terrible upper management they don't care only to rip off consumers. Well you will have your day of reconing it's only a matter of time.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 297 of 347

applehazar & Elmani321 -- I have sent your accounts to a technical team to look at and try and find why you're both continuing to get these errors. You will be contacted once something is found. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 298 of 347

Thank you for the reply - I look forward to a fix to what you are advertising on local tv that is available - it is frustrating that your local advertisements show this is an available feature we are paying for but cannot get or get any credits for not receiving the servcie we pay for

Posted by
Visitor

Message 299 of 347
I am currently experiencing this same issue once again. I've tested on an android tablet and through the website on a PC with Google's chrome browser. The website provided a diagnostics report. It reads: "Your device is currently not in-home..." etc. On the other hand next to 'Status' it says "in-home".

Here's some more info:
Error code - 900.primetime.3329.12007
Error description - Out of home.

I am located in the central New Jersey area.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 300 of 347

I am also having this issue.  On both wifi devices in my home as well as my desktop which is a wired ethernet connection.  Anyone have any possible fixes for this issue?

I am in Western Pennsylvania if that matters at all.