Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" even though I'm on my home network

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 201 of 348

I have run through 1 to 4 about 6 or7 time, near as I can tell tell stepm5 is ok.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 202 of 348

ComcastChad wrote:
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect/

Can you try these steps to see if it resolves your issue

Hi, Chad..

I'm still having the same problems. I think my address is wrong. I followed the steps you provided. The mac address under my wifi connection is different than the one under my account. My account lists two modems but I only have one. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 203 of 348

Brief summary:

I tried steps 1-4 multiple times. 

On step 5:

At first I was hooked to the wireless network prvided by my own router (your gateway was plugged to my router).

Next tried to hook directly to wireless gateway.  Realized that the wireless of this router had been changed from default and I did not have the network key.

Reset gateway to factory default.  Hooked to gateway wireless network.  Uninstalled and re-installed Xfinity TV on Galaxy Tab. Logged in, still shows out of home.

Strangely, http:\\10.0.0.1 does not get me to the wireless gateway login after factory reset. Hower, this is seen as gateway in ipconfig and I do get a positive ping from 10.0.0.1.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 204 of 348

@ComcastChad

Also experiencing this issue, have checked everything and even had to readd a provisioned modem (sb6141) back to my account.  Still no dice.  Have not been able to use the XFinityTV app since launch, and pretty much wrote it off. Looking at my account I see my old sb5100 and my new sb6141 on the account.  Have power cycled the modem and router, but still showing out of home on my nexus 6.  plz halp.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 205 of 348

After 6 weeks, numerous calls, 2 amazingly bad chat sessions and multiple posts here it still does not work. Had customer service troubleshoot my modem Sunday night and it worked for almost a week, but now it's back to "out of home." I have 3 modems listed on my account, but the techs say the 2 offline modems are old ones and are not causing  a problem. Only the ARRIS TG862G is active. Any other suggestions? I've rebooted my modem manually, thru the app and through the website. Plugged and unplugged every cable imaginable. Installed and reinstalled the apps.Chanted and offered sacrifices to the cable gods. Nothing.

At this point I just want to know if this service that I am paying for is ever going to work. There's no point in keeping my X1 service if it does not work as promised.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 206 of 348

inferno65 wrote:

Brief summary:

I tried steps 1-4 multiple times. 

On step 5:

At first I was hooked to the wireless network prvided by my own router (your gateway was plugged to my router).

Next tried to hook directly to wireless gateway.  Realized that the wireless of this router had been changed from default and I did not have the network key.

Reset gateway to factory default.  Hooked to gateway wireless network.  Uninstalled and re-installed Xfinity TV on Galaxy Tab. Logged in, still shows out of home.

Strangely, http:\\10.0.0.1 does not get me to the wireless gateway login after factory reset. Hower, this is seen as gateway in ipconfig and I do get a positive ping from 10.0.0.1.

can you try now?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 207 of 348

dut1ful wrote:

@ComcastChad

Also experiencing this issue, have checked everything and even had to readd a provisioned modem (sb6141) back to my account.  Still no dice.  Have not been able to use the XFinityTV app since launch, and pretty much wrote it off. Looking at my account I see my old sb5100 and my new sb6141 on the account.  Have power cycled the modem and router, but still showing out of home on my nexus 6.  plz halp.

can you try now?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 208 of 348

mnrpete wrote:

After 6 weeks, numerous calls, 2 amazingly bad chat sessions and multiple posts here it still does not work. Had customer service troubleshoot my modem Sunday night and it worked for almost a week, but now it's back to "out of home." I have 3 modems listed on my account, but the techs say the 2 offline modems are old ones and are not causing  a problem. Only the ARRIS TG862G is active. Any other suggestions? I've rebooted my modem manually, thru the app and through the website. Plugged and unplugged every cable imaginable. Installed and reinstalled the apps.Chanted and offered sacrifices to the cable gods. Nothing.

At this point I just want to know if this service that I am paying for is ever going to work. There's no point in keeping my X1 service if it does not work as promised.

can you try now.. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 209 of 348

GeoKaz wrote:

ComcastChad wrote:
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect/

Hi, Chad..

I'm still having the same problems. I think my address is wrong. I followed the steps you provided. The mac address under my wifi connection is different than the one under my account. My account lists two modems but I only have one. 

You IP address looks correct, for some reason yuor MAC address is the same as the serial number.  If you can get that corrected the service shoulo start working.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 210 of 348
Progress. I am no longer getting the out of home message. However, I do not see the recordings on my X1 nor anyway to move them to mobile device for offline view.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 211 of 348

ComcastChad wrote:

GeoKaz wrote:

ComcastChad wrote:

Hi, Chad..

You IP address looks correct, for some reason yuor MAC address is the same as the serial number.  If you can get that corrected the service shoulo start working.

How do I fix that?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 212 of 348

ComcastChad wrote:

Chad,

I noticed that the Zoom 5341J has listed on my account does not have the correct MAC address.  This is very strange since I still have internet connectivity at the correct speed tier.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 213 of 348

Same old, same old. Worked for a couple of days and now out again. At this point nothing seems to help. Would replacing the modem make any difference?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 214 of 348
This problem began for me last night. I would appreciate any help
Posted by
New Poster

Message 215 of 348

Same issue here :-/ never has worked for me

Posted by
New Poster
Message 216 of 348
I'm having the same issue. On the phone with 3 different people at Comcast and no one knows how to fix it. If I can't use the full service then I shouldn't be charged full price... Fix your app bugs, Comcast.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 217 of 348
This is also a problem for me across iPad and iPhone platforms. It has to be tied to the app update that happened on 4/22. I don't believe I had any problems connecting to home network before that.
Also, now my app is not registering all of the shows I've recorded and are scheduled to record. Tonight the dvr recorded GOT, and two other shows but only one of the three showed up as having been recorded on the app. If I go to the box, all of them have been recorded.

It has to be the app. Fix it Comcast.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 218 of 348

Mcwtrainer wrote:
I'm having the same issue. On the phone with 3 different people at Comcast and no one knows how to fix it. If I can't use the full service then I shouldn't be charged full price... Fix your app bugs, Comcast.

I am seeing two modems on your account, which modem are using to connect to the internet? Arris TM722G or Ubee DDM3513?   We look for an IP address from the home to ensure you are connected to your home network.   The two IP addresses might be causing the issue. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster
Message 219 of 348
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 220 of 348

Hank-Scorpio wrote:
This is also a problem for me across iPad and iPhone platforms. It has to be tied to the app update that happened on 4/22. I don't believe I had any problems connecting to home network before that.
Also, now my app is not registering all of the shows I've recorded and are scheduled to record. Tonight the dvr recorded GOT, and two other shows but only one of the three showed up as having been recorded on the app. If I go to the box, all of them have been recorded.

It has to be the app. Fix it Comcast.

Sending your account info over to our engineers to look at the out of home issue.     We saw an issue last week that was supposed to be fixed.   As for the missign shows, they did not record because of an entitlement issue which is incorrect since they recorded on your STB.  I refreshed your account, can you try scheduling a recordings from Fox or HBO and see if they show up on the app?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 221 of 348

Hopefully My issue with the out of home will be fixed I think they are working on it but nothing yet

Posted by
New Poster
Message 222 of 348

I had a very similar experience (or should I say infuration) as you. Comcast went a step further and supposedly scheduled me to have a "back office" technician call me to resolve this. That never happened.

The problem did resolve itself, however, and the app seems to be in working order again. I don't know if it's coincidental but the app seemed to be working again when I uninstalled the Xfinity Wi-Fi app from my iPad and my Android phone. I got rid of these because I was getting annoyed with the app associating with weak signals wherever I roamed. But the Xfinity TV app started to work again when the Wi-Fi app was no longer on the device.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 223 of 348

Having same out of home issue across devices for about a week now.  Very frustrating.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 224 of 348

dgoldstein1735 wrote:

Having same out of home issue across devices for about a week now.  Very frustrating.

Your informaiton has been sent to our engineers for investigation

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 225 of 348
The recording issue was fixed. Thank you. My recordings are showing up.
However, my out of home notice persists on my iPhone and iPad.
I have uninstalled, refreshed, default set and restarted everything multiple times. No luck.
Posted by
New Poster
Message 226 of 348

Same issue here.

Shows out of home on my IPad and at xtv.comcast.net.

When I checked my modem at https://customer.comcast.com/MyServices/Internet it shows the serial number and the MAC address as the same.

Is this my problem?

How do I correct this?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 227 of 348

Do we have any update to this problem?  I'm still seeing it everytime i'm on my home network.  Also, we connected a friend's android device through our wifi and got the same results. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 228 of 348

I have been on chat called someone even called me back once said there are 8 techs working on this that was over a week ago.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 229 of 348

Same issue that started with , i think, the most recent app update. Was working fine before that. Now I get Out Of Home. Can someone look at my account? @ComcastChad ?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 230 of 348

I've been having the same issue going on 3 weeks now.  Had a bad expierence with Comcast support on the phone where they just bounced me around to different support departments(TV, Internet, Hardware) none of them knew what I was talking about.  This is frustrating.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 231 of 348

adammusic22 wrote:

Same issue that started with , i think, the most recent app update. Was working fine before that. Now I get Out Of Home. Can someone look at my account? @ComcastChad ?

Your account looks correct, the IP address from your Wireless Gateway is showing that your device is in the home.   Are you connected to this model? Cisco DPC3941T?  and positive its your home personal network and not the xfinitywifi SSID?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 232 of 348

Sent your info over to our production support teams to investigate. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 233 of 348
I am having the Same issue with the app showing out of home network on all devices, including the computed wired into the modem. Noticed the Mac and ser# are the same. 2 different reps said it is impossible to change them??
@comcastchad is there a way to fix the ser# for my modem in my account to match what is on the back of the modem or do I need to swap out the modem. Seems like a waste but it might be the only resolution. Thank you.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 234 of 348

I am having the same issue.  Was on with support today, and spent about 3 hours still getting nowhere.  I was hoping someone here could help.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 235 of 348

All my devices now work properly.  The problem is that i don't know if it was a fluke or a fix.  Judging by the other people earlier in this thread, this may be something i will have to deal with again. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 236 of 348

I'm having the same problem across all our devices.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 237 of 348

@comcastchad  the x1 app worked on all of our Apple devices until today, now all of them say Out of Home.  I've tried rebooting modem, uninstalling and reinstalling app, changing household, nothing has helped.  You seem to have helped others - hope you can help me.

Thanks.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 238 of 348

vdwilde wrote:

@comcastchad  the x1 app worked on all of our Apple devices until today, now all of them say Out of Home.  I've tried rebooting modem, uninstalling and reinstalling app, changing household, nothing has helped.  You seem to have helped others - hope you can help me.

Thanks.

can you check now?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 239 of 348
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 240 of 348
@comcastchad Can you help? I am experiencing the same issue. The app on my two iPads and iPhone say out of home and at the bottom it say I am connected to my home wifi. I have called and no one was able to resolve the issue.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 241 of 348

Lshrews wrote:
@comcastchad Can you help? I am experiencing the same issue. The app on my two iPads and iPhone say out of home and at the bottom it say I am connected to my home wifi. I have called and no one was able to resolve the issue.

Can you try confirm two things for me?  Is the modem you are connected to a Motorola SB6121?   And can you visit http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your iPad or iPhone when you are on your home network and send me the IP address being returned?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 242 of 348
Yes it is the SB6121 and I sent you the IP address
Posted by
New Poster

Message 243 of 348
Posted by
New Poster

Message 244 of 348
@comcastchad Can you help me too? Same issue across all my iOS devices. Was working about 1 week ago and then all i get now is the Out of Home error. I've tried the usual, delete/reinstall app, logging out/in, reset cable modem. Phone support wasn't able to resolve. Thank you.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 245 of 348

@comcastchad you're a popular guy. :-)

I'm having the same issue. I've been on the line with tech support (WiFi department) for a couple hours and the young woman who was very nice but had no clue what to do. She checked and updated my MAC address to make sure it was correct in the account.

The only thing I can think of is that I've got TWO accounts, home cable (X1) and business internet. What I don't get is why on earth they limited the app to the "Home Network" in the first place. grrrr. If I'm at a hotel and there's nothing on the TV at night I'd love to be able to login to watch MY SERVICE that I'M PAYING FOR. :-)

Thanks for any assistance you can provide @ComcastChad.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 246 of 348
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 247 of 348
Since the modem is on a seperate account and set up as business internet you will always get the out of home message. The modem needs to be on the same account as your X1 service.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 248 of 348
@comcastchad -

Can you help me out. Had Comcast installed last Thursday and the app has yet to work. No matter what it tells me I'm not on my home network
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 249 of 348
Did you check my account to see if your modem info is set up correctly. Try these steps.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 250 of 348

My xfinity tv just stopped working also this morning....stating Out of Home.

I use https://xtv.comcast.net/grid to access xfinity tv.

It no longer works on my laptop, ipad (both wifi) OR either of my two desktop PCs. (wired ethernet)

Of course since Im using https://xtv.comcast.net/grid , I can easily verify my home network connection is working on all devices,

because all internet browsers on all devices work and are connected to my network / internet BEFORE I try going to https://xtv.comcast.net/grid.

(and yes all my devices can see each other on my network and i can connect to internet surf the web and download on all my devices)

Everything works BUT xfinity tv.