Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" even though I'm on my home network

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" even though I'm on my home n

Same issue here. It's been days now. My email is messred up too. Come on guys. Let's start talking account credit.
New Poster

It is not because your modem is in bridge mode.  It has been working for me (in bridge mode) up until 11/18.  It has to be on their end.  Tech support is anything but helpful.  I guess we sit and wait.

Frequent Visitor

I just actived the X1 service with cloud DVR in the Chicagoland area and getting the same "Out of home" message on all devices, even on the web app.  Is this funciton available in this market?  If so, I am assuming it is still not fixed.  One of the reasons I actually switched to this platform. 

Official Employee

The out of home issue should be resolved now, if you are still seeing this issues, please send me a private message with your account information. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Just spoke with SMART tech, it's an ongoing issue with no commonality, tech said they are working on it, best to post on forums and call 1877 599 1844 and report. Have to say after speaking w/various techs reading out of book, transferring me to wrong departments and having been told I would be called back yet never was... relieved to have spoken w/ tech who knew about issue. Still frustrated, but less annoyed.

Official Employee

pixelww wrote:

Just spoke with SMART tech, it's an ongoing issue with no commonality, tech said they are working on it, best to post on forums and call 1877 599 1844 and report. Have to say after speaking w/various techs reading out of book, transferring me to wrong departments and having been told I would be called back yet never was... relieved to have spoken w/ tech who knew about issue. Still frustrated, but less annoyed.

Are you using the Wireless Gateway provided by comcast to access your personal Wifi network (not xfinitywifi)?  If so that is the issue, i am not seeing any SSID's being broadcasted... There is a ticked opened for this issue, our Tier 2 team should see this as the issue and resolve for you.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I am having this issue as well on all of my devices, Iphone 6 Plus, Ipad and Online as well. Can someone help?

New Poster

Same issue here - have reported this to tech support, but I'm also reporting it here as requested.

It was working initially on all devices when it was first activated (on the 17th), now it's not working on any device.

Great feature (when it works)!

New Poster

Mine used to work too. I watched plenty of onDemand and Live TV on my computer all last week. Today I keep getting out of network on all my computers, iPad, and iPhones. I'm in Chicago.

Official Employee

EliasNeris wrote:

Mine used to work too. I watched plenty of onDemand and Live TV on my computer all last week. Today I keep getting out of network on all my computers, iPad, and iPhones. I'm in Chicago.

This is a known issue, our developers are aware.  .  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

If this is known to Comcast, then they should pass the word along to the support folks!  I just spent most of an hour with an X1 support tech troubleshooting this issue.  Finally, he told me that it had to be escallated to level 2 and he provided a ticket number.  A lot of wasted time for all involved, because the problem was not documented in a way the the first level tech had easy access to.

Frequent Visitor

I'm on my 3rd day of this "Out of Home" issue! Yesterday and today I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. How is it possible that when installing the app that it finds your TV in your network and then when you go to use it, you get this "Out of Home" error? Really? That's like filling your car up with fuel and when you're done, the gas gauge still says empty! I wish SOMEBODY / ANYBODY from Comcast could let us know that they are aware of the problem and are currently trying to resolve it!
Regular Visitor

Mine happened some time last night. Everything worked fine before that and nothing has changed with the network. This was the biggest factor in choosing xfinity when I moved. The technician wouldn't do anything so I had to crawl under the house and now this. I think I'm still inside the 30-day cancellation window

Regular Contributor

It appears to be fixed!  At least it is working properly on my devices now.

Frequent Visitor

What city are you in and what type of devices (Android, Apple) are you using?
Regular Contributor

ccmrnm wrote:
What city are you in and what type of devices (Android, Apple) are you using?

I'm in Metro-Atlanta, Georgia.  I've sucessfully tested xfinity TV on Windows 7 laptops with IE 11 (xtv.comcast.net) and using the xfinity TV app for Android (the app for X1 cloud service only) on my LG phone.  I hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

I meant Metro-Atlanta in Georgia.

New Poster

I live in the Chicagoland area and it has been giving my the out of home sign for the past two days, even though my home network is in the bottom corner
Regular Visitor

I'm in the SF Bay Area. Tested on laptop, desktop and android. none work. So far in first 3 weeks of service I've had the installer an hour late and then refuse to go under the house, they said i'd get a $20 credit on my bill which never came, and now it says I'm out of my home when i try to connect to xfinity tv. Not a good experience so far and I think I can cancel in first 30 days. Wasn't expecting much in terms of cust service but this has surpassed my wildest dreams. ugh

Official Employee

We are aware of the out of home issue, our developement Team are working on resolution. There is nothing anyone can do to resolve. Device type or operating system or market has no impact on this issue. It's a back office issue that only our our developement teams can fix.

Thank you for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Also having the same issue on all devices (iPhone, iPad). Was working ever since getting the X1. Just stopped suddenly. We are in SE Mass.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for this posting! Sometimes that's all we need is to know we're being heard. I'm sure it's not something as simple as someone tripping over the power cord and unplugging the server that supports this service, so I do understand that it probably will take some time. If you or someone can post at least once daily with an update, good or bad, that would be great! Thank you!
Frequent Visitor

Woke up this morning and to my delight the app is once again working. Whoever plugged the power cord back in, thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!
New Poster

My ipad suddenly has this issue this morning. The funny thing is my iphone 6 plus is working fine. Please fix it
New Poster

Seems to be working just fine today (Thanksgiving - Rocky Mountain region)

Thanks Comcast

New Poster

Just loaded the app on a Galaxy S and iPhone 5. Says of "Out Of Home" on both. I really wish it had worked. Whats interesting to me is the X1 Box is not on the home network. The incoming cable splits with one end going to the X1 Set top Box and the other going to the cable modem/router. How would the X1 box know if I'm on my home network or not? 

New Poster

I just got my x1 this past week (also live in charlottesville) and am experiencing this same error.  Additionally it seems that the router think I am in Northern Virginia since it automatically changed my lowes.com home store to somwehere up there based on some sort of IP or zipcode setting....   telephone support was useless.  Did you get this fixed?

Frequent Visitor

Same here. Was working fine Tues night. Now, tower and laptop both saying out of network. Spent time w/ tech support only to finally be told this is a "known issue". There's my comcast call for the week. Seems to be one a week. Comcast... They have enough money to buy a major tv network, yet for some reason their infrastructure is !#%!#...

Contributor

They are technically incompetent. They don't have a clue what this problem is, even though they caused it with an update. I don't expect they will ever fix it.
Contributor

Because they are incompetent
New Poster

I'm having this issue as well

"Out of Home

Just got my cable service with X1 up and running today.  Doesnt work over android app or xtv.comcast.net.

New Poster

We are having the same problem here with "Looks like you're no longer on your in-home network." regarless of connecting over wifi or wired connection. We are almost a week into having X1 and was excited to try this feature out today. Failed! Is this still a system wide XFinity issue or a configuration problem with our account?

Official Employee

zachsteffens wrote:

I'm having this issue as well

"Out of Home

Just got my cable service with X1 up and running today.  Doesnt work over android app or xtv.comcast.net.

Are you still seeing this issue, it can take up to 24 hours for your ip addresss to register with our back office.  Checked your accounts and everything checks out ok, 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

andreasaviano wrote:

We are having the same problem here with "Looks like you're no longer on your in-home network." regarless of connecting over wifi or wired connection. We are almost a week into having X1 and was excited to try this feature out today. Failed! Is this still a system wide XFinity issue or a configuration problem with our account?

did you recently change modems or get a new wireless router?  I am seeing two IP addresses and two cable modems coming from your account.  that could be the issue. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

That is most likely my issue, I just switched out a comcast modem/router combo for my own modem and router.  How to I get that rectified?

Frequent Visitor

zachsteffens wrote:

That is most likely my issue, I just switched out a comcast modem/router combo for my own modem and router.  How to I get that rectified?

Good luck with that.  I've called multiple times because Comcast recently started charging me for a cable modem even though I have had my own for several years.  The extra modem which I don't even physically have, is still showing up as equipment I have when I log in online.  The latest rep I talked to last week said it will disappear with the next billing cycle.  Somehow the M-Card and DTC I turned in a few weeks ago disappeared from my account right away.  I'm pretty sure this is the reason I am getting Out of Home error.  Even ComcastChad confirmed that the IP address from my own modem is not being registered to my account.   Might be time to go back to the M-Card and HDHomeRun if this doesn't get fixed soon. 

Frequent Visitor

I have been streaming X1 live TV on my iPad since I got this service back in September. Now it won't stream on my iPad. It keeps telling me that I am out of my home. I am currently streaming it on my pc with no problem. I need to be able to stream on my iPad. I've already reset the modem/router and delete the app and reinstalled it. Someone please help me.

Frequent Visitor

Seriously. I bought a new modem, which self-activated the internet fine. Then, to swap over the voice, I spent 6 hours talking to 5 different techs who kept asking for the cmac on the new modem. Finally gave up and hooked the old modem back up. When I did, the internet wouldn't work (which you'd suspect and I had to call *again* (*twice* this time) to get the internet to work), but amazingly, *as soon as I hooked the old modem up*, the phone started working.

FIVE different techs can't figure out how to transfer the voice service to a new modem. They're all a bunch of idiots. (The first tech I talked to to get the internet working again on the old modem told me "I don't even see your old modem listed". Second didn't even ask about it. If I go to my account, not only is it still listing my old modem, but it's listing my comcast one, that apparently is incapable of turning off its wifi, twice.

Frequent Visitor

Switched to X1 platform because of the ability to watch live TV on my mobile devices when at home.  Had a perfectly working solution using my HDHomeRun Prime that allowed me to have three live streams to my tablets before getting X1.  My fault for not researching the issues with home streaming before switching.  X1 home streaming is a major fail for me. 

New Poster

When we upgraded to X11, they did change our modem. I eill contact support to see if they can resolve the two modems in the account.
Official Employee

GeoKaz wrote:

I have been streaming X1 live TV on my iPad since I got this service back in September. Now it won't stream on my iPad. It keeps telling me that I am out of my home. I am currently streaming it on my pc with no problem. I need to be able to stream on my iPad. I've already reset the modem/router and delete the app and reinstalled it. Someone please help me.

Are you still having this issue on your iPAD?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Are you saying the "known issue" is fixed? Do I need to make my weekly call to comcast now and see if they can figure out why mine's still not working?

Official Employee

jwtheiss wrote:

Are you saying the "known issue" is fixed? Do I need to make my weekly call to comcast now and see if they can figure out why mine's still not working?

The reason why your streaming isnt workign is because your devcies on your account are not up in the back office tools and we look for an IP addreess in which the device is connected to.   I am going to send your informaiton to our customer service teams in your area to help resolve this.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I just noticed this same issue on my ipad earlier this week. I'm in my house on my local wifi network and the app keeps thinking I'm not in the house. I can watch DVR stuff fine. I'd like to be able to stream live tv on the ipad...

I got hit by your 'billing' fiasco where I was being 'double charged' for internet among other things. When they fixed the billing issue, my internet got broken. I got my internet back up, but not sure if that goof on the internet broke my x1 tv app.

Can you get someone to fix my account as well?

I've literally had it with comcast in the last month. This is the 5th issue I've had (all caused by your company) on various things.

Thanks,

Nicole Bell

Official Employee

nbell8 wrote:

Hi,

I just noticed this same issue on my ipad earlier this week. I'm in my house on my local wifi network and the app keeps thinking I'm not in the house. I can watch DVR stuff fine. I'd like to be able to stream live tv on the ipad...

I got hit by your 'billing' fiasco where I was being 'double charged' for internet among other things. When they fixed the billing issue, my internet got broken. I got my internet back up, but not sure if that goof on the internet broke my x1 tv app.

I've literally had it with comcast in the last month. This is the 5th issue I've had (all caused by your company) on various things.

Thanks,

Nicole Bell

Our records are showing two internet devices on your account, one of the IP addresses is showing your device is in your home, the other is not.  I assuming this is casuing the issue.   I will have someone from our customer service team take look. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

The X1 streaming started to recognize me in my home network once I switched back to my original modem. It took about 30 min or so, but it started working. Support confirmed it was probably because the service was looking for the original modems external ip. We only added the Comcast modem to activate our new triple play. We are not going to use the phone so no need for the modem with the phone jack. Thanks for the assistance.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Chad. They need to pay you more.

Official Employee

ComcastChad wrote:

nbell8 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Nicole Bell

Our records are showing two internet devices on your account, one of the IP addresses is showing your device is in your home, the other is not.  I assuming this is casuing the issue.   I will have someone from our customer service team take look. 

Can you try again,  looks like your IP addresses have been fixed. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Im having the same issue on my galaxy tab and S5. What can i do to fix this?

Regular Visitor

Hi.yes I'm fixed! Thanks.
Chad you are awesome.