members

online now

discussions

Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" even though I'm on my home network

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 348

Just started happening this evening. I'm on my home network, but all of my devices (two androids, ipad and laptop) are showing "Out of home".

I'm in Charlottesville, VA. Is there an outage that I should be aware of? Not seeing anything on the Comcast site. 

347 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 348
Same thing is happening on my iPad since last night.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 348

App worked fine about an hour ago, charged it, now I'm getting the same thing. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 4 of 348

X1 TV app for iPad showing "out of home" even though it shows my wireless network as hooked up

in the lower left corner of my iPad screen.  This has been going on for the last two days. HItting the reset button does nothing.

Tried reloading the app, but no success.  Wanted to watch the ALCS while my wife watches the Voice on the main TV.

It's just not happening.  Very annoying.  Hope the bugs can be taken care of shortly.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 348

Can someone explain why no one in support knows about this issue?

I called and it went like this:

TV Support transfers me to Internet support.  Internet support says TV support has to help me and says they are going to transfer me back but hangs up on me.  Call back to TV support who transfers me to Internet support.  After nearly 45 minutes and multiple gateway resets internet support transfers me to wireless gateway support.  After nearly 20 minutes there they say they are going to transfer me to X1 support and I am, again, hung up on.

In the background, the whole time (over an hour and 15 minutes) I was chatting with a rep who eventually gave up and said she opened a ticket for escalation.  I then found this thread.

If this is an ongoing issue for multiple customers how does no one seem to know about it?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 6 of 348
I had the exact experience pursuing it today...she finally wrote up a ticket and said she couldn't help and another technician will call tomorrow...they all keep saying bulletins haven't hit their desk about it.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 348

Same issue on my Ipad. Started 10-13. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Tried rebooting modem.  Tried rebooting Ipad.  Tried "changing household account" within the app.  Tried calling customer service.  Nothing helped.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 348

Paging @comcastjoe @XfinityTVJoe -- Any official word on this?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 9 of 348
On phone now...they are clueless...they think there is a problem with the app.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 348

Mine is now working again.  May be connected to new functionality being rolled out in San Francisco Bay Area and other cities allowing DVR-recorded programs to be downloaded or played back outside the home network via cloud.  Google it.  Not sure if that's it but app is working for now.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 11 of 348
Just checked and mine is now working. I still find it ridiculous how clueless they were at customer service -- spent at least 2 hours in the last 2 days on hold.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 348

Finally spoke to someone with a clue. He didn't know why it was a problem but he said a patch should be coming out on the 27th to fix most of the problems with this. It seems that they're aware of it at least, even if they haven't confirmed it publicly.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 13 of 348

Machaira wrote:

Finally spoke to someone with a clue. He didn't know why it was a problem but he said a patch should be coming out on the 27th to fix most of the problems with this. It seems that they're aware of it at least, even if they haven't confirmed it publicly.

Are you still seeing this issue?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 348

Not currently. Of course, it stopped working suddenly before, so there's no guarantee. Smiley Sad

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 15 of 348
Mine is now working but our box is not recording our shows--was on phone over an hour yesterday
Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 348

@ComcastChad: I am seeing this issue today on my iPhone. I also see the same issue on my laptop trying to watch at xtv.comcast.net. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 17 of 348
Try connecting to another network and then reconnect to your home network. Or try turning WiFi off and wifi back on.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 348
I tried this to no avail. Are there any other possible resolutions?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 348

Try Settings > Change Household > Change Household Account

Then login again

That always works on my Android devices

In my experience, this bug seems to be a flaw in account authentication/device registration not connectivity to home router as the error message would lead you to believe.  I have this issue every few days on both my phone and tablet (never simultaneously).  When one device has the issue, the other will work on the same SSID when tested.  Using the Change Household workaround, the problematic app will work again.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 20 of 348

Octavius1st wrote:
I tried this to no avail. Are there any other possible resolutions?

I think i found the reason why you are gettign the out of home network, i checked your account i dont see a cable modem registered.  The in-home check looks for the cable modems IP address.  You will need to contact customer service (800-XFINITY) so they can add the cable modem back to the account.  You are able to surf the web over WiFi, correct?  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 348
Yes. I can surf the web. Why was my modem deleted?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 22 of 348

I have the same issue with both mu ophone and ipad. Worked last week then stopped with the message "out of home".  Rebooted everything, reloaded the apps, changes ssids, still the same. Any suggestions? I did see mention of not have an associated modem on the account; what is the best way to validate that without having to talk to the support team?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 23 of 348

Octavius1st wrote:
Yes. I can surf the web. Why was my modem deleted?

I dont know why your modem was removed, but I have asked someone to reach out to you to resolve this in the next 24 hours. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 24 of 348

Billg58 wrote:

I have the same issue with both mu ophone and ipad. Worked last week then stopped with the message "out of home".  Rebooted everything, reloaded the apps, changes ssids, still the same. Any suggestions? I did see mention of not have an associated modem on the account; what is the best way to validate that without having to talk to the support team?

Your account looks ok, i've escalated this to our Tier 2 Technical support teams

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 25 of 348
I'm having the problem now on all of my devices. They all worked before. Could it have anything to do with access points?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 26 of 348

I'm having this issue too. I tried starting at around 7:30 CST

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 27 of 348

Once again, Comcast is having this issue.  It really is quite amazing that a company of this size could have this many issues with a major advertised feature of their service AND NOT KNOW IT.  Once again calls to CS yield the round and round of no one that knows how to handle it or who to route a ticket to.  True insanity.  Yet more proof why Comcast is rated dead last for customer service year after year after year.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 28 of 348

@ComcastChad  The problem is back again.. I didn't post because I figured like last time, it would magically go away after several days, but guess what, not going away.  Can you have someone look in to this again?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 29 of 348
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 30 of 348

Argh.. Now the Out of Home message is gone, but no matter what I do, I get an error, on all my devices.  On my Android device the error is "The server is reporting an unrecoverable error.  Please try playing another channel or recording."  On my PC the error is "We've run in to a problem while streaming (Error 100.500-stream)"

I've tried different shows and channels, rebooting the X1 DVR, rebooting the router, all to no avail!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 348
I have been getting the out of home network message even though I am connected to my home network. Sooo frustrating. Tried everything, turning wifi on and off reinstalling, resetting all devices and modems....please help.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 32 of 348

I hate to tell you this, but there is probably nothing you can do but wait.  Each and every time I've had this issue it was a problem on Comcast's end and it took several days or a week for them to figure it out and fix it.  Right now I still can't stream (it's been 4 days).  They fixed the out of home problem and created another error so streaming doesn't work.  Apparently they are aware of the issue, but haven't been able to fix it yet.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 33 of 348
It is happening again...has been out for a few days. What should I be doing to expedite the resolution process?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 34 of 348

Just tested X1 TV app on my iPad, works just fine.  Tried it on my android phone and got the 'out of home' network message.

WUHHH??!!!  I don't get it!  Not much to do that I can think of.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 35 of 348

I suggest prayer.  It is certainly more effective than waiting for Comcast to figure out what's going on.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 36 of 348

Same problem here. On my home network. However I did rename my wireless SSID, but I had not ever tried this with the default SSID. The Android Xfinity TV app gets the Out of Home message consistently. Based on the feedback in this forum, I doubt it is my SSID rename issue. Don't see any answers here either. Lots of customer frustration. Comcast, you are a hot mess. Next time it's Direct TV, there stuff works!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 37 of 348

I had this problem after I got a new router.

In settings, in the app go into Change Household.

That should "unconnect" and reconnect your app.  That at least worked for me.

But my recordings don't show up

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 38 of 348

I did the reset a few days ago and it worked.  Just tried X1 app again on my LG phone today and I got the out of home message.

Did the reset and it didn't work.  The reason was that for some reason my phone connected to the 'xfinitywifi' signal from my modem instead of my in-home wifi.  Once I changed the LG to my in-home wifi it works fine. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 39 of 348
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 40 of 348
Having this issue as well on my iPad.

Notice my IP is "registered" in Vero Beach,FL, not Atlanta,GA like usual. Complete shot in the dark/guess, but could that impact things? Perhaps some of the detection is IP dependent?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 41 of 348

I have never been able to connect to xfinity tv go on my tablet since it became available.  I can access it on my laptop and smart phone.  Customer service finally told me there was nothing they could do because my tablet is running windows 8.1 Rt.  There is no app acvailable for a windows based device, and cannot access throught the internet because it is Rt (not full version of windows).  Therefore Xfinity is false advertising that you can use any device in your home!!  No one can tell me what they are going to do about it.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 42 of 348
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 43 of 348

been having this issue ever since i got the email that the app is available to me the other day...tried on both galaxy s5 and ipad 2...i have my comcast modem/router thing in bridge mode and use my own router, wonder if that's related?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 44 of 348
I had this issue back in June. I used the online chat support and they had it fixed in about 10 minutes. Apparently, my account was changed somehow. It's happening again though as of yesterday. I haven't tried support yet, but I highly recommend the online chat. It's way better than trying to get someone on the phone.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 45 of 348
I called yesterday, and they said it's a problem with the app, and they will have a new release on December 15 that should fix the problem.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 46 of 348
Same problem !!! Comcast states the issue has never been reported before !!!!! Obviously that's not true ..... Why not admit that they are inept and haven't a clue ?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 47 of 348

I did a chat with a rep today-- after waiting 30 minutes on the phone for them to try and figure it out-- hopeless. The rep on chat said right away "the Cloud service you need to use this app to watch your DVR is only available now in Houston and some cities in Califormia.  It may come to Seattle area in a month."  Took about 2 minutes. I second the recco to go the chat route and not call. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 48 of 348

I'm having the same "Out of Network" issue on all devices. Re-booting, reinstalling doesnt resolve the issue. Can COMCAST please post a resolution or statement that explains what is happening? If its a patch, etc we just need to know. Over twenty people have taken the time to write the issue up here, please respect your customers Smiley Happy

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 49 of 348

This is a known issue and our engineers are workign on a fix, I dont have an ETA but they are currently working on it.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 50 of 348

I am having the same problem. I am getting the Out of Home message even though I am home. Is there a way to get it fixed?