Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity X1 App for iPad, and iPhone show Out of Home

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity X1 App for iPad, and iPhone show Out of Home

Keep getting Out of Home message from apps even though I am connected to WiFi and all other apps and services work.

Getitng bounced around Xfinity support now holding for the 7th person at Xfinity now......

Have been sent to Internet, Wifi Gateway support, Xfinity TV, Internet support, and now to application department.  Is there anyone in Comcast/Xfinity that knows what their applications do?

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity X1 App for iPad, and iPhone show Out of Home

rstout100 wrote:

Keep getting Out of Home message from apps even though I am connected to WiFi and all other apps and services work.

Getitng bounced around Xfinity support now holding for the 7th person at Xfinity now......

Have been sent to Internet, Wifi Gateway support, Xfinity TV, Internet support, and now to application department.  Is there anyone in Comcast/Xfinity that knows what their applications do?

It has been reported by Comcast in the X1 forums, that this is a known outage and that Comcast Engineers are working on fixing it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well if it is known problem, then perhaps someone in the "brain trust" should notify their front line support personnel of the issue rather than treating them as cannon fodder for unhappy customers.

What gets me most upset with the level of support from Xfinity/Comcast is just this type of issue.  If the front line support personnel were given this information then I would not have had to speak with 8 (yes that is eight) different people who could not provide any answers, sent reboot commands to the cable modem, did not even know the X1 application existed, wanted to know which TV I was having the problem on, asked me for my address, and generally wasted more than an hour of my time!

So, at this point, they are allegedly having a "Level 2" support person call me this afternoon.  Should I anticipate that no call will ever come?  If there is anyone from Xfinity/Comcast that monitors this board, I would greatly appreciate your insight...

Service Expert

rstout100 wrote:

Well if it is known problem, then perhaps someone in the "brain trust" should notify their front line support personnel of the issue rather than treating them as cannon fodder for unhappy customers.

What gets me most upset with the level of support from Xfinity/Comcast is just this type of issue.  If the front line support personnel were given this information then I would not have had to speak with 8 (yes that is eight) different people who could not provide any answers, sent reboot commands to the cable modem, did not even know the X1 application existed, wanted to know which TV I was having the problem on, asked me for my address, and generally wasted more than an hour of my time!

So, at this point, they are allegedly having a "Level 2" support person call me this afternoon.  Should I anticipate that no call will ever come?  If there is anyone from Xfinity/Comcast that monitors this board, I would greatly appreciate your insight...

This was posted in the X1 Forum area @ 11:50am this morning:    The teams have identified the issue and services should be restored throughtout the day.   It may take several hours for the ip addresses of the impacted users to be refreshed. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation