Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Videos will not play, just keeps scrolling

New Poster

Xfinity Videos will not play, just keeps scrolling

Whenever I click on a video in Xfinity, it will take me to the video page, and maybe play an advertisement, and then it highlights the next video and the next video and the next video, never stopping to play anything!  UGH!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Videos will not play, just keeps scrolling

ELSnodgrass wrote:

Whenever I click on a video in Xfinity, it will take me to the video page, and maybe play an advertisement, and then it highlights the next video and the next video and the next video, never stopping to play anything!  UGH!

Try deleting your cookies, cache, and history and then try watching a video again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I deleted cookies, cache, and history and it worked for about 1/2 a day.  Now it has been doing the same thing everytime I click to watch a video.

New Poster

I have the same problem, it upset me so I stopped watching the videos. Deleted cookies, history, and cache like Joe said but didn't help at all. Ran my malware and scans with no viruses.

New Poster

Found another discussion here and installed windows 7 service pack 1 (sp1) and it works so far

New Poster

help help help

New Poster

Let me add to this discussion.

First telling people to clear cache and stuff is not a solution, it evident that Xfinity made some sort of change to their system since streaming video worked on my system fine for a long time and nothing changed on my end. 

Next the problem pesist were you on IE, not matter the version, It happen in Firefox and Chrome, once the problem occures open any browser exhits the same problem.

Finally, i move to a new system, was on XP and now on 7 and the same problem, installing sevice packs does not fix anything.

What I find interesting is the fact the comerical will play but not the feature video, and most recently it randomly stops on a vidoe like it wants to play and audio comes threw saying the content is not available to play.

Also, until recently, it would not skip through all the video, it would play some random ones, but now it will not play a single video which I would say is sourced from Xfinity since the Hulu sourced videos do play without an issue.

Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue and find it very frustrating. I have been ignoring the fact that the toolbar did not display properly too. So in addition to the loading issues, I was unable to view in full screen, or see any buttons to stop or pause. I uninstalled and reinstalled silverlight. I was patiently watching it all evening, refreshing and watching the same ad every time, then it completely stopped working. I am using Windows 8, it's the same across all updated browsers. Cache has been cleared, cookies, etc. 

Is there a fix for this please?  

New Poster

Same issue here as described below.  Happens in all browsers. Sure would like to have this fixed!

Regular Visitor

Is there a fix for this yet? This is very frustrating. 

Regular Visitor

I've tried everything suggested and have seen no change. My co-workers are all having the same problem as well on every computer. It must be on Xfinity side because it seems the problem is only on their site.

New Poster

Folks, it is obvious that Comcast does not care about addressing this issue, this has been going on for a long time and it definitely and issue on their end. But that means they need to do actualy work and customer service to fix the problem verse making it an user issue.

New Poster

Comcast.Joe.

Any resolution to this problem?

New Poster

Buffering, Loading issues, Poor results with video playback

Does anyone at this company care? Nope- or they would have addressed this issue by now. No movies or TV shows play on my computer-I get to enjoy the page load, re-load, buffer, re-buffer and produce nothing other than a headache for me; this is silly, we pay all this money and get this type of service! I have tried watching some of my favorite shows between work and college, but the video keeps buffering and loading- Comcast: Shame on you, I wonder if I can send it 25% of payment, that is a better percentage than I get trying to watch anything on COMCAST!

New Poster

Having same problem. The advertisements play and although the video says "playing now" nothing is playing there is just a black screen. I contacted Comcast on three occasions.  They told me to add a different browser because my browser (Internet Explorer) is not compatible with Xfinity.  I added Google Chrome and the videos still do not play.  They told me at Comcast it may be a Norton or Constant Guard problem so they transferred me to Norton.  The lady at Norton told me I need to get in touch with the computer manufacturer as there is a problem with my computer.  All other videos from other websites,  you tube, etc. play on my computer.  The only one I have the problem with is Comcast Xfinity. I am tired of calling Comcast because they just keep passing the buck.  I did not change anything on my computer and the videos played before...... so why won't they play now. 

Wish someone had a fix for this problem because Comcast does not want to help.

Regular Contributor

Re: Buffering, Loading issues, Poor results with video playback

The streaming service has suffered with many, many issues for more than a year now I'm sorry to say. This thread (http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Lots-Of-Problems-Viewing-Episodes-Online/td-p/1590293... I started in February 2013 is still getting people posting with similar or new issues.

I have to say that in large streaming had been working better for me up until a couple weeks ago when problems with commercials freezing or at the end of the seond or third commercial break I would get the message "You've just watched ABCXYZ" started again.

There's really only a couple pieces of advice that I can give people who are having issues. First, if you're having problems watching episodes on the Xfinity website try and go to the networks own website and watch from there. If you have no problems watching from the networks site then there must be a problem with the Xfinity streaming servers that cover your area. If you have similar issue watching from the networks site i.e. the same buffering; loading; poor video playback then you may need to do more trouble shooting on your end i.e. go to the Comcast store and swap your modem; if you are using a router try bypassing the router and going right to the modem as I've seen routers start to fail and cause performance problems that impact video playback; if none of that helps call Comcast and have a technician come out to test your line since about three years ago I was having poor performance on my internet and choppy pixelated video on my TV and when the Comcast tech tested the line he said "Your signal strength is low" and he ran a new cable from the pole and that fixed the problem.

- Norm

New Poster

EVERYTHING FROM COMCAST WORKS WELL ON ACER LAPTOP BUT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS MENTIONED WITH DELL LAPTOP  SAME MODEM ROUTER AND EXPLORER BROWSER AND TIME OF DAY HAVE TRIED THEM TOGETHER AND INDEPENDENTLY SAME RESULT

THE DELL WILL ONLY  PLAY HULO CONTENT AND ADDS NOTHING ELSE -  JUST SITS TRYING TO MAKE A CONNECTION TO THE CONTENT FOREVER.   GUESS A PROBLEM WITH VIDEO CARDS OR GRAPICS - SEEMS LIKE THERE SHOULD BE AN EASY  FIX

ANY IDEAS

New Poster

EVERYTHING FROM COMCAST WORKS WELL ON ACER LAPTOP BUT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS MENTIONED WITH DELL LAPTOP  SAME MODEM ROUTER AND EXPLORER BROWSER AND TIME OF DAY HAVE TRIED THEM TOGETHER AND INDEPENDENTLY SAME RESULT

THE DELL WILL ONLY  PLAY HULO CONTENT AND ADDS NOTHING ELSE -  JUST SITS TRYING TO MAKE A CONNECTION TO THE CONTENT FOREVER.   GUESS A PROBLEM WITH VIDEO CARDS OR GRAPICS - SEEMS LIKE THERE SHOULD BE AN EASY  FIX

ANY IDEAS

New Poster

I have the same problem -2 and a half years later from this first entry. (I am new to Xfinity.) My telephone calls to Comcast were disconnected twice. My 2 visits to an Xfnity store gave me wrong information. Did anyone find a soluion???