members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

New Poster

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4
  • I am Win7 IE9 the Question WHY! Just what do I have to do to make this right if any, it seems the player does not see IE9 as newer browser. Some times it works but most the time it does not...
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

zer0cool1 wrote:

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• I am Win7 IE9 the Question WHY! Just what do I have to do to make this right if any, it seems the player does not see IE9 as newer browser. Some times it works but most the time it does not...

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Same issue:

My public IP address:98.210.67.165My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.4 r402Javascript:enabled

Cookies:Enabled (3429 Bytes)

Is it Silverlight that's the issue?

Official Employee

blgottschall wrote:

Same issue:

My public IP address:98.210.67.165My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.4 r402Javascript:enabled

Cookies:Enabled (3429 Bytes)

Is it Silverlight that's the issue?

Make sure that you have the most up to date service pack installed for Windows 7.

If you do and are still getting this error message, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm using Windows 7I've run into the same problem and was able to work around the problemI've found that I'm able to get things working properly by installing the latest version of Firefox, installing the latest version of flash player, and downgrading Silverlight to version 4.1There seem to be problems with using Silverlight version 5 and problems with using IE browsers (which suck for many other reasons).

Comcast customer support is useless; hopefully you'll find this helpful and they'll wake up.

http://www.silverlight.net/downloads
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

New Poster

Device Information

My Zip Code: 64050

My Cable Provider: Comcast Independence Standard Cable

My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.242.133.181 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; CMDTDF; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2639 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Oct 29 10:30:45 CDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Oct 29 10:30:53 CDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: ck, b, d, al, bh, a, cj Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Official Employee

rjoy88 wrote:

Device Information

My Zip Code: 64050

My Cable Provider: Comcast Independence Standard Cable

My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.242.133.181 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; CMDTDF; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2639 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Oct 29 10:30:45 CDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Oct 29 10:30:53 CDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: ck, b, d, al, bh, a, cj Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

What video(s) are you trying to watch? Please provide the links so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm using Windows 7 and have IE9 as the others do.  This is the former response in the thread.  Isn't a new download that will fix the problem MINUS uninstalling software updates available?  This is a shame.

I've run into the same problem and was able to work around the problemI've found that I'm able to get things working properly by installing the latest version of Firefox, installing the latest version of flash player, and downgrading Silverlight to version 4.1There seem to be problems with using Silverlight version 5 and problems with using IE browsers (which suck for many other reasons).

Comcast customer support is useless; hopefully you'll find this helpful and they'll wake up

New Poster

Agree this is ridiculous. What progress is there in resolving?

Comcast/Xfinity (whoever they are now..)  ain't cheap!

Comcast - Don't sell someting If you can't keep up with the technology..

Joe from Comcast - how far up has this been escalated?

Contributor

Trying to watch the Zeta-Jones video. I have updated Flash - I have latest win7 updates. It works great in Chrome. Not at all in IE9.  Just wonderful.

New Poster

zer0cool1 wrote:

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem as well.  Cannot play any premium content.  All attempts to play any HBO, Showtime, Stars etc content gives the message to upgrade Xfinity player.  What is Comcast doing to address this issue????

Official Employee

14344 wrote:

I am having the same problem as well.  Cannot play any premium content.  All attempts to play any HBO, Showtime, Stars etc content gives the message to upgrade Xfinity player.  What is Comcast doing to address this issue????

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Here is my Device Information

My Zip Code: 48362 My Cable Provider: Comcast Clarkston Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.61.187.246 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MANM; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0; MANM) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2435 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Nov 19 15:09:34 EST 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Nov 19 15:10:21 EST 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, cj, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

14344 wrote:

Here is my Device Information

My Zip Code: 48362 My Cable Provider: Comcast Clarkston Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.61.187.246 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MANM; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0; MANM) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2435 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Nov 19 15:09:34 EST 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Nov 19 15:10:21 EST 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, cj, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below:

Windows users 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I unistalled silverlight and reinstalled using the link you advised but it did not fix the issue.  Am still getting the below message:

• Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4.

I did not have this problem with my old computer using windows vista.  My new computer with windows 7 (64 bit) seems to be unable to play any content form premium channels.  I can play regular content just nothing from HBO, Showtime etc.

Official Employee

14344 wrote:

I unistalled silverlight and reinstalled using the link you advised but it did not fix the issue.  Am still getting the below message:

• Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4.

I did not have this problem with my old computer using windows vista.  My new computer with windows 7 (64 bit) seems to be unable to play any content form premium channels.  I can play regular content just nothing from HBO, Showtime etc.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Ok, I just tried using Google Chrome and they seem to play ok on Chrome.  I guees the problem is with IE9?

Official Employee

14344 wrote:

Ok, I just tried using Google Chrome and they seem to play ok on Chrome.  I guees the problem is with IE9?

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is required to run Silverlight on IE9 64-bit web browser. Please install Service Pack 1 or use IE9 32-bit or another supported browser.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I have service pack 1 already installed.  Guess I will just use chrome until there is a known fix for the IE9  issues.

Regular Visitor

I have the latest of all the updates you have suggested to everyone. The URL is yours. I click a link on your home page to watch the clip and get the upgrade message. This used to work. Not anymore. The problem has cropped up just recently on all of my computers. Just after your latest and greatest (improvements) to you site. With all my computers and all these other peoples computers displaying the same message about an upgrade to the player, you mite wont to consider giving us a link to a manual video player upgrade because it's obvious that the player got left out when you upgraded the rest of your site.

Official Employee

Anon61023 wrote:

I have the latest of all the updates you have suggested to everyone. The URL is yours. I click a link on your home page to watch the clip and get the upgrade message. This used to work. Not anymore. The problem has cropped up just recently on all of my computers. Just after your latest and greatest (improvements) to you site. With all my computers and all these other peoples computers displaying the same message about an upgrade to the player, you mite wont to consider giving us a link to a manual video player upgrade because it's obvious that the player got left out when you upgraded the rest of your site.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.237.32.241 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MAGW) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (659 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Jan 10 15:40:25 EST 2013 Server Clock Time: Thu Jan 10 15:39:58 EST 2013 This is the info requested to fix my problem with viewing HD quality movies with Explorer 9.  I get an error message whenever I try to view one of these HD movies.

Official Employee

tomjhealy wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.237.32.241 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MAGW) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (659 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Jan 10 15:40:25 EST 2013 Server Clock Time: Thu Jan 10 15:39:58 EST 2013 This is the info requested to fix my problem with viewing HD quality movies with Explorer 9.  I get an error message whenever I try to view one of these HD movies.

What videos are you trying to watch?

Does it work in another browser besides IE9? (This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue)

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I do not have another browser available.  I should also mention I am running a 64 bit version of win explorer 9.0

New Poster

I am just trying to view "Be the Boss Worker shocked by ceo offer" and get the following error screen

Official Employee

tomjhealy wrote:

I do not have another browser available.  I should also mention I am running a 64 bit version of win explorer 9.0

Do you have Service Pack 1 installed? Service Pack 1 needs to be installed for Silverlight to be compatible with IE9 64-bit. If not, please use IE9 32-bit or another browser.

Go here to learn more:

http://windows.microsoft.com/installwindows7sp1

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 80538 My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 177 My Map ID: 225 My Persona ID: 6655 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 71.237.37.123 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; McAfee; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Unknown Time Information My Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown

My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, c, br, cx, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bp, cw, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
New Poster

Also cannot play news item such as CNN, in addition to many others.  Is their any solution that does not require uninstalling software or changing browsers?

INFO:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94579 My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 172 My Map ID: 188 My Persona ID: 9878 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 174.62.92.71 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0; McAfee) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Unknown Time Information My Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown

New Poster

I normally use IE9 (64bit) but did Test IE9 (32bit) under Windows 7 (64bit).  I was prompted to upgrade Silverlight and following a restart of the 32 bit browser, it worked.  When can we expect to be able to use the 64 bit browser?

Official Employee

Finn wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 80538 My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 177 My Map ID: 225 My Persona ID: 6655 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 71.237.37.123 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; McAfee; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Unknown Time Information My Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown

My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, c, br, cx, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bp, cw, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.