Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,807,851

members

14

online now

1,953,714

discussions

Top

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

New Poster

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

I am receiving the following message:

 

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

  • Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

I have Windows 7, IE9. I've never had a problem viewing TV shows or movies before. I did see, in another thread, it was recommended to uninstall and reinstall silverlight. I did that, and I'm having the same problems. Can anyone assist??

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade


llanzone wrote:

I am receiving the following message:

 

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

  • Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

I have Windows 7, IE9. I've never had a problem viewing TV shows or movies before. I did see, in another thread, it was recommended to uninstall and reinstall silverlight. I did that, and I'm having the same problems. Can anyone assist??


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

I am getting the same message:

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

  • Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

In fact I have been getting this on and off for over a year. Some days it works some not. I have closed my browser and reopened it, restarted my computer, checked the Silverlight settings and nothing helps.

I am using IE 9 x64 version 9.0.8112.16421 on an Win 7 machine.

 

the information you requested from xfinitytv.com/computer is:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94574 My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Big TV My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.62.84.123 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0; InfoPath.3) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (4014 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Oct 11 11:29:09 PDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Thu Oct 11 11:29:17 PDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

 

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade


ncaguy101 wrote:

I am getting the same message:

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

  • Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

In fact I have been getting this on and off for over a year. Some days it works some not. I have closed my browser and reopened it, restarted my computer, checked the Silverlight settings and nothing helps.

I am using IE 9 x64 version 9.0.8112.16421 on an Win 7 machine.

 

the information you requested from xfinitytv.com/computer is:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94574 My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Big TV My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.62.84.123 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0; InfoPath.3) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (4014 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Oct 11 11:29:09 PDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Thu Oct 11 11:29:17 PDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

 


Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

I'm getting the same message.  Why isn't this fixed?  Why no instructions on how to upgrade the video player?  I have Windows 8 and IE 10.  And a headache.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

 

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 60021 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Family Room TV My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address:   My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.2 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 6.0; SLCC2; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.3 r372 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (4099 Bytes). Please clear cookies. Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Nov 9 22:42:31 CST 2012 Server Clock Time: Fri Nov 9 22:42:33 CST 2012
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade


scrubfan75 wrote:
 

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 60021 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Family Room TV My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address:   My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.2 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 6.0; SLCC2; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.3 r372 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (4099 Bytes). Please clear cookies. Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Nov 9 22:42:31 CST 2012 Server Clock Time: Fri Nov 9 22:42:33 CST 2012
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Windows 8 users who are in Metro/Modern Mode as their UI may not be able to view any videos on Xfinitytv.com or on Xfinity.com.

 

You may get a generic error message stating that their system is incompatible/missing plugins.

 

Our team is working with Microsoft for a permenent solution but we do have a workaround in the meantime.

 

Customers will be able to view content on both websites if they open in Desktop Mode (Interface you see now in all other Windows versions).

 

To open in Desktop Mode:

 

1. When in Modern/Metro IE10, hover your mouse over the address bar in the lower portion of the screen

 

2. Click on the Tools button (it is shaped like a gear)

 

3. Users can select “Open in Desktop Mode"

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1913 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation