Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Tv won't play videos on pc

New Poster

Xfinity Tv won't play videos on pc

at a loss. I have a new laptop w/ intel core i7 277ghz, 8 gb ram, updated everything, but it won't play content on xfinity tv, and only on xfinity tv. it plays content on hulu plus, on netflix, on everything thing else that plays videos and streams flawlessly. this is what's hooked up to my tv. the even weirder thing is xfinity tv will play on my other pc and netbook so i know its not an account issue. the pc has pentium 4 2.33 ghz & 4 gb ram and netbook (which is being given away) has only a intel atom 1.66 ghz w/ 1 gb ram. both play xfinity tv with no problem, both have lesser graphics card.. i've done everything that has been suggested including installing silverlight, and nothing works. help!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Tv won't play videos on pc

user395 wrote:

at a loss. I have a new laptop w/ intel core i7 277ghz, 8 gb ram, updated everything, but it won't play content on xfinity tv, and only on xfinity tv. it plays content on hulu plus, on netflix, on everything thing else that plays videos and streams flawlessly. this is what's hooked up to my tv. the even weirder thing is xfinity tv will play on my other pc and netbook so i know its not an account issue. the pc has pentium 4 2.33 ghz & 4 gb ram and netbook (which is being given away) has only a intel atom 1.66 ghz w/ 1 gb ram. both play xfinity tv with no problem, both have lesser graphics card.. i've done everything that has been suggested including installing silverlight, and nothing works. help!

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

My public IP address:184.78.43.247My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 24 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.6 R602Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled (2117 Bytes).

here's a link, all links are the same. take me to the player and nothing happens:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Shameless/5897266076794007112/17761347957/Shameless%3A-The-Helpfu...

Official Employee

user395 wrote:

My public IP address:184.78.43.247My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 24 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.6 R602Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled (2117 Bytes).

here's a link, all links are the same. take me to the player and nothing happens:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Shameless/5897266076794007112/17761347957/Shameless%3A-The-Helpfu...

So you start the video, a Showtime ad plays, and then the screen goes black or do you get an error message?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

it never plays. just stays blank/black. when i run it on the other computers it launches right away

Official Employee

user395 wrote:

it never plays. just stays blank/black. when i run it on the other computers it launches right away

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

i've tried/used on ie, firefox & chrome. all 3 give the same results

Official Employee

user395 wrote:

i've tried/used on ie, firefox & chrome. all 3 give the same results

Completely uninstall your Flash Player from your computer and then download and install it again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

it didn't work

Official Employee

user395 wrote:

it didn't work

Do you have any anti-virus, ad-blocking software, or pop-up blocking software installed? From your answers above, I believe that an outside program is preventing videos from playing.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

i am having exactly the same issue have done everything that was said on here and nothing makes it work , any additional help would be appreciated

Official Employee

jay8230 wrote:

i am having exactly the same issue have done everything that was said on here and nothing makes it work , any additional help would be appreciated

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

When trying to play a video are you getting an error message? Black screen? Please be as specific as possible.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

just a black screen , with the name of the episode on top and it says closed captioning on the bottom and that's it , and that is on everything i try to play on there , last time i used xfinity may have been like three weeks ago

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 02721 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 164 My Map ID: 32 My Persona ID: 7807 My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 66.30.30.112 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Time Information My Clock Time: Server Clock Time:

My Account Information Primary Account: false Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, c, br, cx, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bp, cw, cj, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
Official Employee

jay8230 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 02721 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 164 My Map ID: 32 My Persona ID: 7807 My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 66.30.30.112 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

What specific videos are you trying to watch? Please send the links of the movies/shows so we can further investigate.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am also having the SAME EXACT problem. Have cleared cokies and cache, uninstalled and installed silverlight, rebooted...   wont play anything

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?
New Poster

Same issue, tried everything (I think). 

New Poster

I have the exact same problem. I tried all the suggestion and nothing. Wondering if all the people having problems have Macs. I noticed it happened after i upgrade software to OX yosemite.

Regular Visitor

Anyone find a solution? just wondering really want to watch GOT

New Poster

I am now having the same problem. Had no problems at all a few nights ago.

New Poster

Me too! It just freezes on loading video screen, with cc at bottom. I have tried multiple shows.