Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Tv app W/ X1

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Tv app W/ X1

I'm not sure if this was covered, but I have the xfinity TV app for android. It worked well with the regular DVR box. I have since installed the X1 DVR and x1 HD boxes. I can change channels, but it doesn't recognize the DVR as a DVR, so I can't set recordings. And of course, since I have android, no x1 remote app for me yet. Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Tv app W/ X1

JaredEriksen wrote:
I'm not sure if this was covered, but I have the xfinity TV app for android. It worked well with the regular DVR box. I have since installed the X1 DVR and x1 HD boxes. I can change channels, but it doesn't recognize the DVR as a DVR, so I can't set recordings. And of course, since I have android, no x1 remote app for me yet. Any suggestions?

Please call our X1 support line at 1-877-896-8678 for further assistance.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Mine is working fine...
New Poster

I just upgraded to X1 converters... now none of my iPhone apps will allow me to review scheudle and set up recordings... I can't manage my DVR from the app anymore. 

The new X1 apps only operate as a remote control. doesn't show anything on the phone, only on the TV screen.... useless

Is there a solution to this????????

Official Employee

It takes a day or two for your old equipment to exit the system and your new to enter it for the apps

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

yes, after a few hours, the new stuff showed up on the old app... thanks

Frequent Visitor

May X1 Remote App was working fine on samsung smart phone till this evening. None of the shows i had recorded were showing so i restarted the box and they reappeared. But now the TV app doesn't recognize the x1 box.

Also i've noticed when watching a recorded show if another show starts recording in the background the one we're watching freezes up, no ff, no rewind, usually back out of it to live tv and then 'resume'. So thats one work around, i'm trying to keep in mind that this is a new kid on the block type system but i'm trying to have faith.

thanks in advance.

Contributor

I can't even get my app to recognize my home WiFi on my phone or tablet. Many others are having the same problem. I would really like to watch my recorded shows on my tablet and I'm very disappointed.