Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Tv Keeps shutting of on Android Nougat

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Tv Keeps shutting of on Android Nougat

I have the newest version of Android N, which will be released soon, the app does not stay open and keeps restarting any suggestions?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Tv Keeps shutting of on Android Nougat

I have the same issue. Xfinity TV go and Xfinity TV apps keep shutting down since I upgraded to Android 7 - nougat

Service Expert

Lsapyxg wrote:

I have the same issue. Xfinity TV go and Xfinity TV apps keep shutting down since I upgraded to Android 7 - nougat

Since "Nougat" was recently released, it will take time for Comcast to program the APPS to work properly with the new operating system.... this is not new, as it happens to all "I" users each time Apple provides a major o/s update....   ANdroid & Apple do not share programming with vendors....vendors must always play catch-up.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

"ANdroid & Apple do not share programming with vendors....vendors must always play catch-up."

This is completely inaccurate, at least as far as Android go.  Google has a long history of providing a "Developer Preview" version of upcoming OS releases for so that, intuitively enough, a Developer can Preview it to ensure compatibilty of their 3rd party apps on release.  While it's true that the final release may be a little different and present a compatibility issue, that is the exception rather than the rule.

Nougat has been out for a bit now, and mobile functionality for Nougat users remains.... zero.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation