Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV won't play on line

New Poster

Xfinity TV won't play on line

Why won't my Xfinity TV play online on my laptop? It says getting authorization then starting playback then nothing...

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV won't play on line

**I would say in your case there is a lag in the modem. *

**I am getting "The following program is intended for mature audiences only.  I have made sure my settings (parental controls) are so I can watch all.  So the fix they put out there didn't work for me. 

**I have tried this for 2 days.  Bad part was I was watching 5 episodes prior to this message.  I have called help desk  2 times in 2 days and NEVER GOT A LIVE PERSON.  Just the music for 30 minutes at a time.  It is a shame, I am relying on other people now besides the company to find my answer. Just because you change the name doesn't mean the crappy service will improve. 

New Poster

I  have the same issue with it on internet explorer , but i tried it on google chrome and it went through !!! i guess this is a temp. solution until they resolve this problem

New Poster

Switching from Firefox to Chrome worked for me too--for 3 months. Now neither will play, or IE, either. I've rebooted to no avail. What is going on?  Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Tags (1)
New Poster

Mine is doing the same thing.  I'm using a mac.. Has comcast fixed this yet?  It's kind of ridiculous..

New Poster

Same thing here.  See Obtaining Authorization, then Starting playback ....

And it never shows anything.   Tried Firefox and Chrome.   So typical of Comcast.

Official Employee

Liberty_Justice wrote:

Same thing here.  See Obtaining Authorization, then Starting playback ....

And it never shows anything.   Tried Firefox and Chrome.   So typical of Comcast.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same issue. 

Tried to copy and paste, wouldn't let me becuase of "invalid HTML".

Any other great ideas??

New Poster

Thisiswhat you said to paste, because my Xfinity will not play online. My Device Information My Zip Code: 19103 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 179 My Map ID: 88 My Persona ID: 14064 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2601:0:5002d:311e:4f06:E518d8b My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 8 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_2) AppleWebKit/600.3.18 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/8.0.3 Safari/600.3.18 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.30514.0 My Flash version: 16.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2430 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Mar 04 2015 08:24:30 GMT-0700 (MST) Server Clock Time: Wed Mar 04 2015 08:24:30 GMT-0700 (MST)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Jt, Gt, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, Fc, Eh, Gi, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Ew, B, Dj, De, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Df, Cu, Ir, Jq, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Fn, Ff, Jm, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Ft, El, Bq, Jk, Je, Dc, Jl, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

Wont let me paste info. says invalid html. So, what do I do now to fix???

New Poster

NBC show the voice Won't play for the last few days. I noticed the HD play option is no longer present. Please advise

Message code 564 is on screen

New Poster

I upgraded to include cable TV service five days ago. Through both the Xfinity TV Go site and the TNT site I get an error saying that I am not subscribed to that channel, but yet I receive in through the set top box. How much longer should I anticipate until I can use all the services associated with my new cable TV package?

New Poster

On the Xfinity TV GO website, after I log in, all of my channels show up WITHOUT the dreaded orange key. BUT, when I try to play most of my subscribed channels (like FOX), it starts trying to load the video, then gives me the well-known message:

XXX is not part of your subscriptions.

In order to watch YYY, you need a subscription to XXX

Get XXX   Learn More

This has been happening since January.

I have Chatted with several Comcast people, who reset the heck out of everything, but no success.

I called the Applications phone number, and they reset the heck out of things, but no success.

I reset my Flash permission settings, but no success.

I deleted all cookies and store internet settings, but no success.

I used IE11, Chrome, and Foxfire, but no success.

When I log in to my father's account (he lives in the same neighborhood) with my computer, on my internet, it works perfectly.

Seems like it shoud be obvious which setting needs to be changed in Comcast's records.

Anybody in Comcast-land have any ideas?

New Poster

h

New Poster

It stop playing for me too...

My Device Information My Zip Code: 33063 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 132 My Map ID: 58 My Persona ID: 6882 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: True Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 50.196.95.30 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 42 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.152 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 17.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1899 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sat May 16 2015 23:50:58 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Sat May 16 2015 23:50:58 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Jt, Gt, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Hr, Cq, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Ca, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, J, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Hm, Df, Cu, Ek, Ir, Jq, Ia, Cr, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Fz, O, Bx, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, El, Bq, G, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Dl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 60010 My Cable Provider: Comcast Lake Zurich Digital Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: 145 My Map ID: 145 My Persona ID: 10745 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: True Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2601:2700df0:4857:1161:F20e:57c7 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 42 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_2) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.152 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 17.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2558 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sun May 17 2015 18:35:34 GMT-0500 (CDT) Server Clock Time: Sun May 17 2015 18:35:34 GMT-0500 (CDT)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Jt, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Hr, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ir, Jq, Ia, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Fz, O, Bx, Dw, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, El, Bq, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

Xfinity will no longer play on my laptop.   My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 188 My Map ID: 72 My Persona ID: 7537 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.21.201.121 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 7.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/600.2.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/7.1.2 Safari/537.85.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.40416.0 My Flash version: 17.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1946 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sun May 31 2015 20:18:11 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Sun May 31 2015 20:18:11 GMT-0700 (PDT)
My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: False Provider Codes: Jt, Cy, Ix, Gr, Iy, It, B, Ei, A, Jj, Ir, Cj, Jk, Jl, Iz, Gx, D, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

New Poster

Shows won't play on my laptop. Please help me fix this. 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 19103 My Cable Provider: Not Installed Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: Unknown My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 1 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.21.201.121 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 43 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.132 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 18.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1499 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Jul 07 2015 19:49:42 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Jul 07 2015 19:49:42 GMT-0700 (PDT)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: Pending Primary Account: Provider Codes: Jt, Cy, Ix, Gr, Iy, It, Ck, B, Ei, A, Jj, Iu, Ir, Cj, Jk, Jl, Iz, Gx, D, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98512 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 186 My Map ID: 62 My Persona ID: 9401 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: true Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 2601:603:4302:faaa:c42d:3577:8e5b:abd7 My operating system: Windows - rv:39.0 My web browser: Firefox 39 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.40416.0 My Flash version: 18.0.0 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (1889 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Aug 11 2015 17:00:29 GMT-0700 (Pacific Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Tue Aug 11 2015 17:00:30 GMT-0700 (Pacific Standard Time)
My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, jt, du, cy, fk, ep, eq, hc, dm, cq, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, gi, ja, bw, gf, bu, by, bs, at, em, bl, ix, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, iy, jy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ce, it, ez, dx, gk, fh, ef, fd, do, fy, jo, ju, is, au, ew, ed, b, go, dj, de, ei, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, jf, cw, ge, ea, cb, eb, bz, jj, co, jr, gh, jc, gn, dp, gg, gl, dh, en, gp, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, ir, jq, ia, br, fe, n, ex, jv, ga, fw, fz, o, bx, dw, fn, ff, jm, dv, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, er, fv, dy, bo, dn, ft, el, bq, jk, aw, je, dc, jl, jw, jn, da, im, iz, fq, fl, gs, bv, di, fu, cx, dq, fg, cm, fp, ds, eo, gx, y, es, gj, ev, ht, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc, ji Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 37115 My Cable Provider: Comcast Nashville Digital Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: 126 My Map ID: 115 My Persona ID: 7678 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Master Bedroom, Bedroom, Living Room, Media Room My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.247.151.136 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 45 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 19.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2086 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sun Oct 11 2015 10:22:20 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Sun Oct 11 2015 10:22:27 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Jt, Gt, Du, Cy, Hp, Fk, Kf, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Kg, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ki, Ka, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Ec, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Kb, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ir, Jq, Ia, Cr, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Ke, Fz, O, Bx, Dw, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Kh, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, El, Bq, Kd, G, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Dl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Jz, Ch, Gb, Eg, Kc, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

My Device Information

My Zip Code:
My Cable Provider:
Comcast Roseville Digital
Use Dac:
False
My Conroller ID:
Unknown
My Map ID:
Unknown
My Persona ID:
My myDVR Manager Status:
Unknown
My Set Top Box Names:
Unknown
My Watchlist setup:
False
Facebook Watchlist Syncing:
Facebook Connect:
My public IP address:
My operating system:
Windows - Undefined
My web browser:
Chrome 46 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.86 Safari/537.36
My system type:
Desktop Computer Or Other Device
My Silverlight version:
Unknown
My Flash version:
Javascript:
Enabled
Cookies:
Enabled (2050 Bytes).

Time Information

My Clock Time:
Fri Nov 20 2015 11:41:41 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Server Clock Time:
Fri Nov 20 2015 11:41:41 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:
Pending
Primary Account:
Provider Codes:
S, Jt, Du, Cy, Fk, Kf, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Kg, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, Jy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ki, Ka, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Kb, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ir, Jq, Ia, Cr, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Ke, Fz, O, Bx, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Kh, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, El, Bq, Kd, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Hs, Eg, Kc, Cc, Ji
Internet Subscriber:
True
Cable TV Subscriber:
True
Voice Subscriber:
False
New Poster

My Zip Code:
Unknown
My Cable Provider:
Unknown
Use Dac:
True
My Conroller ID:
My Map ID:
My Persona ID:
My myDVR Manager Status:
Not Installed
My Set Top Box Names:
Not Installed
My Watchlist setup:
False
Facebook Connect:
My public IP address:
My operating system:
Mac - Undefined
My web browser:
Chrome 48 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.116 Safari/537.36
My system type:
My Silverlight version:
Unknown
My Flash version:
Javascript:
Enabled
Cookies:
Enabled (1871 Bytes).

Time Information

My Clock Time:
Sat Feb 27 2016 10:56:59 GMT-0600 (CST)
Server Clock Time:
Sat Feb 27 2016 10:56:59 GMT-0600 (CST)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:
False
Primary Account:
False
Provider Codes:
S, Jt, Gt, Du, Cy, Fk, Kf, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Kg, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ki, Ka, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Dj, De, Kb, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ir, Jq, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Ke, Fz, O, Bx, Dw, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, Kp, El, Bq, Kd, Km, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Kc, Cc, Ji
Internet Subscriber:
True
Cable TV Subscriber:
True
Voice Subscriber:
True
New Poster

My Device Information

My Zip Code:
My Cable Provider:
Comcast Sebastian Digital
Use Dac:
False
My Conroller ID:
My Map ID:
My Persona ID:
My myDVR Manager Status:
Activated
My Set Top Box Names:
DVR 1, DVR 1 Living Rm
My Watchlist setup:
True
Facebook Connect:
My public IP address:
My operating system:
Windows - Undefined
My web browser:
Chrome 48 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.116 Safari/537.36
My system type:
My Silverlight version:
Unknown
My Flash version:
Javascript:
Enabled
Cookies:
Enabled (2212 Bytes).

Time Information

My Clock Time:
Tue Mar 08 2016 14:44:30 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Server Clock Time:
Tue Mar 08 2016 14:44:18 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:
False
Primary Account:
True
Provider Codes:
S, Gt, Du, Cy, Fk, Kf, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Ca, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Kn, Kg, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, Jy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ki, Ka, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Dj, De, Kb, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ek, Ir, Jq, Ia, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Ke, Fz, O, Bx, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Kh, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, Kp, El, Bq, Kd, G, Km, Jk, Aw, Je, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Kc, Cc, Ji
Internet Subscriber:
True
Cable TV Subscriber:
True
Voice Subscriber:
True

Doesn't matter what video I try to play. They all sit there and load but never actually start playing. 

New Poster

So - does anyone from Comcast actually read these posts?  I notice that there are people with this problem going back some time and  no one has offered a solution.

I just got a new laptop and can no longer view Xfinity TV using Chrome.  Interestingly it works with Microsoft Edge but I cannot use Chromecast with that browser.

There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed.  I am amazed how little is on the web about this problem.

I contacte Xfinity support and their solution was to uninstall Chrome and then re-install it.  Did that a couple times (in case I didn't fully remove it the first time) and it didn't change a thing.

New Poster

OK - I figured this out on my own piecing bits from my web searches.  This worked for my new Windows 10 laptop.

First, make sure Flashplayer is installed.

Second, make sure Chrome is set as your default browser.

Open Chrome and type this into the address bar (without quotes and without spaces)  "about colon plugins" but use the colon symbol : instead of spelling out the word colon.

I had to type out the word "colon" because the forum text kept changing the "colon P" into an emoticon  

Look for the Adobe Flash Player plugin.  It is probably set to "disable"  Check the box labled "always allowed to run"

Close Chrome - may not hurt to restart the computer.

Hope it works for you - did for me.

Service Expert

This works also in the address bar:

chrome://plugins/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

NOTHING worked for me EXCEPT this!!! Thank you!!! 

Service Expert

Libbynss wrote:

NOTHING worked for me EXCEPT this!!! Thank you!!! 

YW

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

YAY!!!

New Poster

For at least a few days the Season 3 premier of Fargo won't play.  Other shows will play, even other shows on FX, but not this particular show.  Customer service on chat is totally useless  - seems like they like to run you in circles just for fun.  Hideous experience.  Called customer support on the phone and spoke a supervisor.  He was at least reasonable but still couldn't resolve the issue.  He said he would call me back.

I don't know if it is the browser.  I'm using Safari.  I'm not intererested in downloading another browser.  Safari should not be a problem in 2017.

New Poster

Official Employee

Hello all, I am happy to assist you with playing content online. The first thing you want to do is try another browser, some browsers work with our site better than others but if Chrome is your preferred browser over I.E or Firefox then trying another browser can still help with diagnosing the problem. The next step is you want to test other features and titles within the stream page, see if this issue only happens on one channel or network. Last you want to make sure you have a good connection to the internet.

Community Icon

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number349OSWindows 10BrowserEdge 14.14393Flash version26.0.0Statusaway from homeEntitlementscdvr, clinear, cvod, tve-vod, tve-linear, estLast fingerprintcloudtv_web_polymer_4.4.0_prod_1503068180936_44810Stream providerprimetimeVideo IDtvgrid/listing/2005864608181400109/?channelId=5467497787067398104Stream IDtag:xfinitytv.comcast.net,2013:channel-station:7485918386997917117:chNum:20700:callSign:CNNHD#stream:format:HLSError code102100.5Error descriptionLoading of the specified resource has failedError aux infohttp://ccr.cim-linear-hds.top.comcast.net/TVE/HLS/CNNHD_HD_TVE_16141_0_5194129420280002163/index.m3u8Video ProviderCNNHDVideo SourceTVListingVideo TitleCNN Newsroom With John Berman and Poppy Harlow

Dismiss

New Poster

It doesnt work in either browser for me. This is becoming quite annoying

Service Expert

SHortbodii wrote:

It doesnt work in either browser for me. This is becoming quite annoying

What hardware and O/S are you using?  Ethernet or wifi connection?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Really??? This thread is from 2012??? It's 9/2017 and I am having this issue?! I clicked on your link and all it is, is the main page that still isn't working/unresponsive. With as high as my cable bill is, I shouldn't have this issue. Bet my payment gets autodrafted this month with no issues whatsoever! Never have that problem.

New Poster

I had the same problem over a year ago and had to research my own solution.  Hope this helps.

OK - I figured this out on my own piecing bits from my web searches.  This worked for my new Windows 10 laptop.

First, make sure Flashplayer is installed.

Second, make sure Chrome is set as your default browser.

Open Chrome and type this into the address bar (without quotes and without spaces)  "about colon plugins" but use the colon symbol : instead of spelling out the word colon.

I had to type out the word "colon" because the forum text kept changing the "colon P" into an emoticon  

Look for the Adobe Flash Player plugin.  It is probably set to "disable"  Check the box labled "always allowed to run"

Close Chrome - may not hurt to restart the computer.

Hope it works for you - did for me.