Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV stream app locks every 5 seconds

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV stream app locks every 5 seconds

This is streaming from any browser - Chrome, IE, or Firefox on a 64 bit Windows 10 top-of-the-line PC.

Watching any streaming video, live, on demand, or recorded, stutters for about two seconds once every five seconds.  Not only does the video stutter, but it completely stalls my octo-core Ryzen 7.  The mouse stops moving, keystrokes are delayed, and every other task seems to get stuck.  This a hard-wired Gb connection directly to the router that works seamlessly with Netflix, HBO Now, or any other streaming service.   The graphics card is a modern Radeon GPU and the system specs are way, way more than adequate to support video.  

It is, in a word, completely unusable.  

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity TV stream app locks every 5 seconds

@bbeauchaine8740 wrote:

This is streaming from any browser - Chrome, IE, or Firefox on a 64 bit Windows 10 top-of-the-line PC.

Watching any streaming video, live, on demand, or recorded, stutters for about two seconds once every five seconds.  Not only does the video stutter, but it completely stalls my octo-core Ryzen 7.  The mouse stops moving, keystrokes are delayed, and every other task seems to get stuck.  This a hard-wired Gb connection directly to the router that works seamlessly with Netflix, HBO Now, or any other streaming service.   The graphics card is a modern Radeon GPU and the system specs are way, way more than adequate to support video.  

It is, in a word, completely unusable.  

i'm unclear what device you are usinhg. you posted in the streaming website area but speak of the stream app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation