Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV remote app

New Poster

Xfinity TV remote app

I can't DVR an individual show, will only allow me to record the series. Keeps saying there is a request error.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV remote app

Hello 

I am sorry you're having issues with XFINITY Remote App. I investigated a little further and you're of our X1 subscribers so that particular app will not work with your account. 

To schedule recordings when you're not home what you want to do is use the X1 XFINITY TV App. Here is the link to all of our apps: 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/apps

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to help

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have this same issue but the X1 app says it's not available in my area. If it's not available here and this doesn't work either its a big problem for me.
Official Employee

Hello 

I am sorry for the delay in response to your post. The X1 XFINITY TV App is available for download everywhere but you would need to have X1 Platform services with Cloud and Streaming. Those last two features are not available nationwide at this point. 

I have checked our internal database and I regret to inform you that right now Cloud and Streaming are not available in your area. More info here: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

At this point we do not have an estimated lauch date for your area but keep checking your mail or bill for a notice regarding when it would be. We are letting our customer know through this format. 

Please let me know if I can be of further assisstance. 

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

George, so the remote app doesn't allow me to schedule the DVR because I have an X1 platform and I can't use the X1 app to schedule the DVR becaus cloud services are t available in my area? Awesome, someone clearly thought this through. Glad I listened to the promises b4 signing up to ith Comcast regardless of whether those promises were achievable. I should have guessed. My bad.
New Poster

I also have the same issue, can record series but single episode gives error. It used to work. Can you check my account and help resolve?
Official Employee

Hello 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

Please let me know if this information was helpful and if I can be of further assistance.

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

The problem is that I get error messages and setting recordings from my iOS devices fail. I was told by one of the Comcast forum folks that this happens when u have an x1 box and don't have cloud service. Im confused by the trouble I'm having remotely using the DVR manager to set recordings from my phone.
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation