Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV portal error code 900.102100

New Poster

Xfinity TV portal error code 900.102100

I have been watching recorded shows on my surface pro 4 for almost 2 weeks now. The whole time I have been using hotel wifi and have had no issues with any shows until today. No matter which recorded show I try to watch nor what station it was recorded from, none of them work. I have went through the troubleshooting steps offered by Xfinity but still having issue.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV portal error code 900.102100

I believe I have found the issue. I logged onto my account and seen that there is a current outage in my area which means I cannot connect to my DVR remotely.

Problem Solver

e_ramsey wrote:

I believe I have found the issue. I logged onto my account and seen that there is a current outage in my area which means I cannot connect to my DVR remotely.

Just so you are clear, when you connect to the Xfinity TV portal, you are not connecting to your house DVR remotely. You are connecting to a Comcast server which has a copy of your DVR recordings on it.  You can test this yourself when you are home by unplugging your DVR, and accessing your recordings through the Xfinity TV portal. You will see that they will continue to play even though your DVR is unplugged.

New Poster

That makes sense as the issues at my home have been resolved but the issues i am having on the computer have not been resolved. Good info though, thank you.

New Poster

I am receiving the same error message, I have done all that comcast has told me re: settings etc.  It worked 3 days ago, watched dvr shows while I am out of town then all of a sudden I can not get any shows to play even though they are all listed.  Constantly get the message,, help??

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation