New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV not streaming on Chrome

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I have been streaming xfinitytv on my Chrome browser for a year.  I was on it tonight, my wifi went out for a blip, which it has done before.  It came back on, and when I tried to load the site, xfinitytv, again it wouldn't work.  I can get onto it on Firefox, but I have always been using Chrome and that is my preferred browser.  It just keeps looking like it is going to log on, but nothing happens.  Why did it all of a sudden stop working?  I have a MacBook Pro, OS 10.10.5.  I even shut down and rebooted and the same thing keeps happening.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5
Solution

hjg1 wrote:

I have been streaming xfinitytv on my Chrome browser for a year.  I was on it tonight, my wifi went out for a blip, which it has done before.  It came back on, and when I tried to load the site, xfinitytv, again it wouldn't work.  I can get onto it on Firefox, but I have always been using Chrome and that is my preferred browser.  It just keeps looking like it is going to log on, but nothing happens.  Why did it all of a sudden stop working?  I have a MacBook Pro, OS 10.10.5.  I even shut down and rebooted and the same thing keeps happening.

I'm sorry you're having trouble.  I removed your existing logins from your account which sometimes clears up the problem.  You may want to delete your browser cache if you're still not able to sign in.

Also, when looking at your account, I see poor connectivity to your modem (shows as red in the tool I use). If you aren't getting good Internet speeds and regularly losing connectivity, you may want to give us a call (or use the My Account app) to schedule an appointment. I don't think that would cause the issue you're experiencing with your Chrome browser on the Stream website but you should get the speeds you're paying for!

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 5

Thank you!  I cleared the cache, and all is fine now.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 5
Posted by
Administrator

Message 5 of 5

Locking old thread

@Cambridge02138 if you are experiencing any issues, please make a new post with more details of the issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon