Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV go overseas

Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV go overseas

Can I watch Xfinity TV Go with my laptop in Spain?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV go overseas

Can I stream or download outside of the United States?
The XFINITY TV Go app allows you to stream and download in the continental U.S. plus Hawaii and Alaska. All other countries including U.S. territories are blocked but your downloaded content can be played back anywhere - even if you are out of the country.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xtv-go-app-download-feature-faqs

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

If someone who subscribes to comcast/xfinity at home in the US goes abroad they can't use Xfinity.com to watch what they have paid for? Comcast/Xfinity needs to figure out how to make this happen because a lot of their customers go outside of the US on business trips. 

Official Employee

That's why there's an option to download shows/ movies to your devices.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This is something that Comcast/Xfinity should be training employees on. They have no idea, and sell it like it's a huge bonus. I can speak from experience when I tell that nearly every conversation includes Comcast reminding me that I can watch my TV anywhere! No, you CANNOT use, view or see any of your shows, or anything on Hulu or other sites for that matter outside the US. It has to do with copywrite infringement or something.  One reason I bought comcast for a vacation home was so we could use the box while we were living overseas. It CAN, however be done, if you purchase a separate VPN. A VPN scrambles your "site address" and you can pick which area of the US you want to be from. This enables you to watch your xfinity from outside the US. I believe the cost is about $35/year so would be worth it if you do a lot of international travel or live overseas.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation