Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV app - take to go, rarely if ever works for me.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV app - take to go, rarely if ever works for me.

Hi there, hope someone has a solution for me. I upgraded to the X1 platform specifically to take advantage of the mobile TV app and the take to go, DVR recording feature. It's worked a few times for me but 80% of the time it fails with 'Could not create Download. There appears to be a problem with the manifest for this recording. Our video team has been alerted and is working to resolve issue.'  This has been going on since late August. My tablet is a 3rd gen iPad with the latest IOS and I always update the xfinity apps as they are refreshed in the app store. Thanks for your consideration.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV app - take to go, rarely if ever works for me.

wherbert100 wrote:

Hi there, hope someone has a solution for me. I upgraded to the X1 platform specifically to take advantage of the mobile TV app and the take to go, DVR recording feature. It's worked a few times for me but 80% of the time it fails with 'Could not create Download. There appears to be a problem with the manifest for this recording. Our video team has been alerted and is working to resolve issue.'  This has been going on since late August. My tablet is a 3rd gen iPad with the latest IOS and I always update the xfinity apps as they are refreshed in the app store. Thanks for your consideration.

We are aware of the download issues and should be fixed in the next app release which should be out to customers before the year is over.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Any update on this? I was hoping to view recordings while traveling and this is getting very frustrating.

Thanks.

New Poster

ComcastChad... When is that release?  I am getting the same problem and it is February now.

ComcastChad wrote:

wherbert100 wrote:

We are aware of the download issues and should be fixed in the next app release which should be out to customers before the year is over.  

Frequent Visitor

It is now March and I thought it was fixed but then in the last couple of days I am getting "There appears to be a probelm with the manifest for this recording. Our video team has been alerted and is working to resolve the issue".  It is happening on everything that I recorded tonight on all channels. Does this get resolved so I can download them? I hate not being able to depend on the app working.  HELP!

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem today with everything that was recorded this evening so far.  It did work OK with a news program I recorded this morning (CBS Morning News). I was able to download it and play it with out getting the manifest error message. I thought maybe it was fixed but then tonight the same thing happened with a program on ABC Family called "Fosters". HELP!

New Poster

I experience similar success rate. About 20% of the time I'm able to download my recordings.

Starting today 5/12/15 I found I can't download ANY recordings. Same error about a "problem with the manifest for this recording"

It also says "Our video team has been alerted and is workign to resolve the issue" Yeah right, I'm sure they will get right on that.  

This whole X1 thing feels like it's still a beta version. My main DVR box at home randomly reboots for no reason. 

New Poster

This is beyond ridiculous. It's like Xfinity sold a product that doesn't work and hired monkeys in tech support I get frustrated before I even dial the call knowing that the useless person that answers -assuming that they speak English - will be clueless and unable to help.
Official Employee

What issue are you having?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Am I having an app issue or is this mot yet available in the Tucson market?
Official Employee

guitardudester wrote:
Am I having an app issue or is this mot yet available in the Tucson market?

Can you be more specefic around the issue and yes Cloud DVR is availabel in Tuscon?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

also been getting this message  'Could not create Download. There appears to be a problem with the manifest for this recording. Our video team has been alerted and is working to resolve issue.' for about the last 2 weeks, am able to download some shows but not most.  this is on an IPAD.

Regular Visitor

I also am having the same issue. As of a few days ago, I am not able to download any of my recordings. I get the same error message 'Could not create Download. There appears to be a problem with the manifest for this recording. Our video team has been alerted and is working to resolve issue.' for all of my recordings.

I have had many issues in the past where some recordings wouldn't download, but this is the first time that NONE of my recordings will download or stream. I chatted with someone from tech support, and they created a ticket, but I don't have high hopes--I have called so many times with similar issues, and each time they created a ticket and supposedly bumped it up to tier 2 support, but I don't think tier 2 support exists. They were always supposed to have someone all me within 48 hours, and I have never received a call back from them. Very disappointing. We spend a lot of money for a service that only works some of the time.

Regular Visitor

UPDATE: I actually DID get a call back from tier 2 support!

I tested a little further, and found a few recordings that I am able to download, but the majority of my recordings are not downloadable or streamable.