Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV app sound goes off and on

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV app sound goes off and on

While watching the Xfinity TV app on my iPad, the sound goes in and out. It just starting doing this a couple of weeks ago.  I thought an update would fix it but it hasn't. 

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV app sound goes off and on

Hello md517,

Is the sound going in an out on one specific program? You can try to log out and log back in and restart the device. Also, if you can try it from a different device, that could rule out a few things. Something to keep in mind, the Xfinity TV app is specifically designed for mobile devices and may cause issues with tablets and non-supported devices. Please feel free to reply with this or any other helpful info and I can look into a solution.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response.  It only happens with the Xfinity TV app.  I put the app on my iphone and tried it and it does the same thing.  When watching a TV program, the video keeps playing but the audio pauses. I have tried different channels and it does it on all of them.   

Problem Solver

Hello md517,

My apologies for your service issues. I have forwarded your concerns to a member of our Advanced Support Team. They will contact you within 24-72 hours regarding this matter. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Comcast Xfinity streaming TV<edited for language>.....I can't get a reliable feed for FoxNews. I can get a good feed using the FoxNews app but not the Xfinity app.  I either get no audio or unreliable sound and unreliable video. Today I noticed the commercial spash screen was visible for longer than 3-4 minutes, which is usual for a commercial break. After loggin in to the FoxNews app the program was in progress. I then went back to Xfinity FoxNews and the commercial banner was still there. This is a common occurance.

I once thought this would improve....but, months later this still occurs. This is very frustrating and Unreliable.

Problem Solver

Hello MaxQRick,

Your entertainment experience is very important to us. In order to better assist you, I need some more information. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? Are you connecting over your mobile network or WiFi? What is the make and model of the device that you are using? Is it just FOX news that you are having audio issues with? 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Nevermind, thought you were asking me.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you.

Problem Solver

Hello md517,

No problem. Please let us know the outcome after you have talked with our Advanced Support team.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

This happens on my computers that run Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012R2, all of the time.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Flaming">.  This has been going on for a long time.  Complaining about it will do nothing.

Contributor

Oh, please, Comcast 'support' - you know full well what's going on.  Playing stupid just reveals that you have no conscience.

Problem Solver

Hello larry678,

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced while a valued customer of Comcast. I can assure you that we here at Comcast work diligently to bring our customers the quality of service they expect. If there is an issue I can help you with please let me know and I will be more than happy to assist.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.