Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV app on Android and iOS havent worked in weeks for me...

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV app on Android and iOS havent worked in weeks for me...

I posted  question on the Xfinity Facebook page asking what’s going on with the Xfinity TV apps on Android and iOS and was told to email comcast_cares@comcast.net but Ive tried sending emails there several times and all bounce back.  It has been at least a month since I have been able to use either.  Below you will find a screenshot of the error I get on my HTC EVO 4G LTE Android phone.  I don’t have my iPad 3rd gen with me right now to provide a screen shot of that error but I believe it is the same one. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both devices and the problem still exists.

Please Advise

2012-11-28_13-39-07.png

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV app on Android and iOS havent worked in weeks for me...

msuscorpio wrote:

I posted  question on the Xfinity Facebook page asking what’s going on with the Xfinity TV apps on Android and iOS and was told to email comcast_cares@comcast.net but Ive tried sending emails there several times and all bounce back.  It has been at least a month since I have been able to use either.  Below you will find a screenshot of the error I get on my HTC EVO 4G LTE Android phone.  I don’t have my iPad 3rd gen with me right now to provide a screen shot of that error but I believe it is the same one. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both devices and the problem still exists.

Please Advise

2012-11-28_13-39-07.png

Have you tried watching videos on any other Wi-Fi connections?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Im not trying to watch videos. I'm talking about the xfinity tv app that allows you to view the guide, change channels and manage your DVR,  I have tried it on multiple LAN's and through 3G

Official Employee

msuscorpio wrote:

Im not trying to watch videos. I'm talking about the xfinity tv app that allows you to view the guide, change channels and manage your DVR,  I have tried it on multiple LAN's and through 3G

You are also getting this same error message on your iPad? PLease provide a screenshot at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I will when I get home. 

Silver Problem Solver

what cable boxes do you have, its not available to everyone.

Frequent Visitor

Ok, my wife emailed me a picture of the error. it is different but still, the app doesnt work.  if you click continue on this error message, nothing happens and the programming guide stays blank. photo.JPG

Silver Problem Solver

there is nothing posted in your response.

The app does work now the question is why does it not work for you.

are you in a motorola or SA Cisco market?  The functionality you are looking for is available in only a small market in SA cisco.

Official Employee

msuscorpio wrote:

Ok, my wife emailed me a picture of the error. it is different but still, the app doesnt work.  if you click continue on this error message, nothing happens and the programming guide stays blank. photo.JPG

Please see customer's jgregc work around to this issue:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/TV-Listing-Data-Unavailable-Message-on-iOS-App-Fi...

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

rog286713 wrote:

what cable boxes do you have, its not available to everyone.

I have 3 different boxes. The DVR box I believe is a DCX3400.  I also have a DCH3200 or possible a 6200 and a Pace RNG110.  Im not possitive on those last 2.  Its just what looks like them through a web search. 

Frequent Visitor

rog286713 wrote:

there is nothing posted in your response.

The app does work now the question is why does it not work for you.

are you in a motorola or SA Cisco market?  The functionality you are looking for is available in only a small market in SA cisco.

This is functionality that has been working flawlessly for me for well over a year. All of a sudden around the early part of this month it stopped working.  I havent changed anything in regards to my in home setup or devices I run the apps on.  

Silver Problem Solver

ok you didnt post that.  Here are a few things for you to try.  Sorry if you have done them already

First go to settings on your ios device then to the app then clear all the application data.

Next uninstall the app.  restart the device,clear cookies and cache,  install the app, sign in, if already signed in, sign out then back in.

Make sure your zip code is set correctly.

Go here and see if your cable boxes are recognized.  If not you have to call comcast.

If they are go to the manage devices section, what is there????  you can only have three devices there.  You can also delete them there.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

If that is also good.  go to your cable box menu and look for remote access set up in the menu, you can also delete the set up there.  Sometimes it stops working and you have to reset it all.

Frequent Visitor

rog286713 wrote:

ok you didnt post that.  Here are a few things for you to try.  Sorry if you have done them already

First go to settings on your ios device then to the app then clear all the application data.

Next uninstall the app.  restart the device,clear cookies and cache,  install the app, sign in, if already signed in, sign out then back in.

Make sure your zip code is set correctly.

Go here and see if your cable boxes are recognized.  If not you have to call comcast.

If they are go to the manage devices section, what is there????  you can only have three devices there.  You can also delete them there.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

If that is also good.  go to your cable box menu and look for remote access set up in the menu, you can also delete the set up there.  Sometimes it stops working and you have to reset it all.

Ill have to do most of that when I get home but I ghave done all that on my HTC EVO to no avail. as soon as I log in I see my 3 boxes as I have set them up.  Then I just get the error shown in my first post. if I click try again, the same error pops up.  If I click cancel, the wheel just spins and i am not able to get to the settings menu. 

Silver Problem Solver

try it on the ipad, its easier on apple products than on android.  remember to look for the remote access set up on your cable box and delete it if nothing works.  Most likely this is an issue on comcasts end with your account.  You are signing in with the primary user credentials correct?

Frequent Visitor

yes, my comcast ID

Frequent Visitor

the streaming app works on my android phone but not the guide app. 

Silver Problem Solver

usually that is a zip code incorrect issue.  but you probably checked that already

Frequent Visitor

Ok, well I tried the suggested iOS solution and still get the same error. I don't know how I can change my zip code when I can't even get to the settings of the app.

Frequent Visitor

I also just tried the sports app and it works. Shows the available games and I can control my boxes.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation