Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV app does not work on samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet

New Poster

Xfinity TV app does not work on samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet

I have been having a recurring problem with the Xfinity TV app on my Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. 99% of the time nothing I select will play. I can search and do just about everything else (which is quite pointless if i can't watch anything), but if I select a show or movie, the info panel that pops up never fully loads, all i get is the stupid loading circle to nowhere. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times but with no resolution. Then there is that inexplicable 1% of the time that a show or movie will load. I haven't had much time to utilize these great mobile features you reportedly offer, so I haven't really minded your dis-service but now i find that i have a bit of extra time on my hands and would like to explore these features that I have been paying for. Please fix it.

I have been hearing that this may have something to do with Comcast's 'tiff' with Samsung. I really do hope this is not the case because it would be a terrible shame.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV app does not work on samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet

I can never enjoy the xfinity tv player eversince it was updated to xfinity to go. It stops working on my samsung note 10.1 it really sucks, that I can't use anymore. I reinstall it several times but still is not working. I hope you can fix this problem.

New Poster

It seems like they'll never gonna fix this problem. I see that u post your concern in january. I had problems with it, since last year, still never get any response from them...they are good when trying to get your business but once they got you, they never care when you have problem.

Frequent Visitor

I have been having the same problem(I think) except I get an error message after 30+ seconds of the little circle spinning. The error is 106000.43. 

I tried calling tech support and they had me go through all the stuff I had already tried without luck. I was told that I would have my call escalated to the next level of support; who knows what that means.

Not sure if anyone else wants to read it, but I placed a post on the same forum to see if I could find help that way.

My earlier post:

This error occurs on both my Kindle Fire HDX and my Samsung 10.2. 

After selecting a movie or show and pressing "play" shortly after the "preparing for playback" message appears I get the following error:  error :: 106000.47   Something is wrong with the playlist for this video...Please try playing this video again later. 

It has been occuring for several weeks. I have no problem trying to watch shows or movies from my laptop or directly from the TV.

The interesting thing is that I was able to take my tablet to a local coffee shop that has a comcast login, and it worked just fine; the problem only happens at home. 

I tried logging out/logging back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as well as rebooting the tablets. None of that helped. 

After getting it to work at the coffee shop, I thought perhaps I was having a problem with my modem, so i logged in and rebooted my modem. That didn't help either.

I contacted technical support and they walked me through all the things I had already done and determined that they could not help. My call was escalated to the next level of tech support and they said they would call me. I can only hope that I get some kind of discount as the app is how I want to access the content and at this point I can access it from anyplace but at home. 

Really frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Not to stretch this out any longer, but I also found something interesting. The inability to connect for me only occurs on my modem at home; a local coffee shop allows me to connect and watch movies. I also decided to turn my ATT Note3 into a hotspot so I could try to connect to that.

Once I connected to the phone, the app worked fine and played the videos perfectly. 

It seems more like some weird setting on the modem that is creating the conflict. Why would I be able to connect and watch shows at any hotspot except for my own comcast modem? I really know little about networking and although I can run through the modem settings, I don't see anything that could cause that problem.

Has anyone else had luck connecting and watching shows on the TVGO app outside of their home?

New Poster

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-TV-app-does-not-work-on-samsung-galaxy-no...

I have the same issue.   It use to work a few months ago.   I thought maybe it was due to I upgraded to the X1 package.  But mine keeps spinning in circles while selecting a TV show.

New Poster

I get an error when trying to log in. Tried calling the number on the screen and no one answers!

New Poster

I have the exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook 7.0. It's frustrating. I have no problem connecting on my Galaxy 5 phone, but get the buffering circle or a message that I'm not on my home network (even though my WiFi is connected and working fine for everything else), - but there are those rare times when it will connect and play - VERY RARE TIMES. My wish has been to be able to watch TV while cooking in the kitchen. It's difficult to watch on my phone while also trying to cook.
Service Expert

sarahvictory wrote:

Not to stretch this out any longer, but I also found something interesting. The inability to connect for me only occurs on my modem at home; a local coffee shop allows me to connect and watch movies. I also decided to turn my ATT Note3 into a hotspot so I could try to connect to that.

Once I connected to the phone, the app worked fine and played the videos perfectly. 

It seems more like some weird setting on the modem that is creating the conflict. Why would I be able to connect and watch shows at any hotspot except for my own comcast modem? I really know little about networking and although I can run through the modem settings, I don't see anything that could cause that problem.

Has anyone else had luck connecting and watching shows on the TVGO app outside of their home?

Sarah,

Have you tried changing the encryption setting on the modem?   I have found that AES works better for most mobile devices...and allows connection.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I had the app working on my iphone, tablet and pc one time, now they don't work. Says that if I recently upgraded to X1 that it would take 24 hours to activate. I've had X1 for almost 2 months now. I don't think Comcast has a clue