Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV app does not reflect.my DVR conteny

Contributor

Xfinity TV app does not reflect.my DVR conteny

I use X1, xfinity remote app on my iPad, and xfinity TV on my iPad.

Xfinity TV is not showing all of the shows I have on my DVR. In addition, the xfinity TV app shows 17% of my DVR being used.

Xfinity remote does show all of the shows on my DVR and 52% of my DVR being used.

Xfinity remote is correct. How do I correct the DVR contents reflected and reported by the xfinity TV app?
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV app does not reflect.my DVR conteny

djlove0454 wrote:
I use X1, xfinity remote app on my iPad, and xfinity TV on my iPad.

Xfinity TV is not showing all of the shows I have on my DVR. In addition, the xfinity TV app shows 17% of my DVR being used.

Xfinity remote does show all of the shows on my DVR and 52% of my DVR being used.

Xfinity remote is correct. How do I correct the DVR contents reflected and reported by the xfinity TV app?

There is a known issue with recordings failing to record to our cloud servers, we are aware and workign on a fix.  The storage capacity from the TV app reflects your cloud storage which could be different from your STB storage if recordings failed to record to our cloud servers or if the cloud feature was added at a later date.     The TV Remote app reflects your STB storage..  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

any thought of giving us the capability to compaire cloud content with stb content...and maybe push content from stb to cloud?

Official Employee

djlove0454 wrote:

any thought of giving us the capability to compaire cloud content with stb content...and maybe push content from stb to cloud?

I wish it was that easy, but its a very complex back office. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having this same problem and it is very frustrating.  The whole reason that I got the XI service was to be able to take my shows on the go.  Your advertizing is very misleading.    I cannot take shows to go if they are not showing up in the app.  When will this be resolved?   The last post on this topic was January, it is now mid February and it does not look like anything has been done.

New Poster

I have been having this issue as well and it is becoming extremely frustrrating.  I travel a significant amount and catch up on my shows on the plane and away from home.  I have used TiVo for years and the X1 platform download direct to tablets WAS outstanding; now it is worthless.  The past month or so has been useless.  I am ready to go back to TiVo where I could reliably download my shows.  PLEASE FIX - I am in the Chicago area and have had X1 cloud services for many months.

If I see your commercial one more time advertising how well this works I will scream...

Frequent Visitor

In addition to getting getting all the programs that have been recorded to my DVR, I find that there are some that will not allow me to "Take to Go".  Right now Scorpion is showing on my ipad TV app but when I try TAKE TO GO it give me a message "There appear to be a probelm with the manifest for this recording. Our video team has been alerted and is working to reoslve the issue." I don't believe anyone is working on this. It doesn't change in a day or two.  It also won't let me just stream it in my home.  I get "Playback Issue :: 500". It might as well not be listed like other programs that just aren't there. 

I have talked to software development people at Xfinity about this months ago. I wish somewhere there would be a status update to tell us what is going on and when if ever to expect a fix.  I too have TiVo and have had to go back to downloading from TiVo when I travel since I can't trust even the programs that have successfully "Take to Go" on my iPad.  Sometimes they just spin like they are trying to connec to something when they should not be. It is a real mess.

I just watched the commercial about the app - really good commercial.  Too bad it is all LIES!!! Is there a way to sue Comcast for misrepresentation?