Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV app broken can't view tv listings

New Poster

Xfinity TV app broken can't view tv listings

Hello, what are you doing to repair this app. Without the ability to view the actual channels and shows severely limits this app. For example I setup Thursday night football to Redford series however I cannot delete this recording on the app now. I am on extended travel and want to delete this from recording. I also use the app to view details on shows while staying in hotel room.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV app broken can't view tv listings

This is a user to user forum.  I just checked the app on my phone and it does seem to be malfunctioning.   do you not have a pc with your that you can cancel that recording on?  you can login to your account and do that.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue with iOS and the xfinity tv app. on an iphone4 with OS 6.0.1. I emailed them about the issue using the "contact us" address in the app but who knows if they'll respond to it... or even see it.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

"DataUnavailable"we are having issues etc. 

your app rarely has worked recently. I am appaled at how weak it is. 

Frequent Visitor

Its been that way for days now. I've been having AnyPlay problems since JULY  yes July. So  4 months later, a technician visit who was clueless to what an ANYPLAY device was,5-10 tickets opened and closed without anyone (LIVE PERSON) contacting me, 200+ hours on the phone, someone actually called me last week and they are troubleshooting it now.

They have contacted me for "screenshots" of certain settings in the AnyPlay diagnostics but now the Xfinity white app will not even load to help them troubleshoot this ongoing problem. I REALLY am out of time on this issue.

I have reset the tablet to factory setting and installed latest version of the white app. Still fails. The app sits broken in the store with no updates for well over a month each time.

IMO it should be removed from the PLAY store and reworked completely.  Look at my problem above, check my account history, it shows there is a prob right there. 

Whats next?

Silver Problem Solver

This thread has nothing to do with the anyplay device.  The anyplay device is in beta tests. 

As for the xfinity tv app I just logged in and my tv listings are there.  Seems to be working fine.  If yours is not you might want to look at your set up.

Frequent Visitor

The Anyplay device is not in beta anymore.  Also you have to load the Xfinity APP to use the ANYPLAY device, so it will not load so my AnyPlay device will not work. So therefore I have replied in the right thread. It is : "Xfinity TV APP broken cant view tv listings"  Happy to hear yours is working. Please read my reply I stated someone is troubleshooting it now and they need screenshots. They need screenshots from the error I recieve when I try to view a channel. I have been instructed to LOAD THE XFINITY TV APP and go to diagnostics AFTER I try a channel. But I need the listing to show up first. Thanks for reading and your interest. Smiley Happy

Silver Problem Solver

what device are you using?  Is it an apple product??   I am having no issues on iphone  or ipad.

Frequent Visitor

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet.

Error:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v440/dks2k2/errors/

My area code was also chosen as the channel line-up instead of the Comcast recommended lineup. Same issue.

New Poster

Im having the same problem on both my iPad and Android phone.  My iPad was working fine until Superstorm Sandy came into town.

My iPad 1st gen is on iOS 5.1.1 and my Android is on Ice Cream Sandwich (4.1).  I just got the TV app on my Android the other night and im getting the same response.

Help Desk told me to uninstal/reinstall the app.  Which I did before emailing them, still getting the same answer before.  Then told me to log out/log back in.  Still no dice.  

At this point im going to suppliment by programing from my laptop or with the remote, but occasionly checking the app.  I love changing channels with my iPad.