Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Streaming Virtually Unusable

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV Streaming Virtually Unusable

Unless I want to stream a TV show in the middle of the night, I'm in for nothing but a choppy, pixelated, always hanging or buffering marathon. Doesn't matter it I use Internet Expolorer, Firefox, or Chrome. I have the latest Adobe Flash update. Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu all work flawlessly on my computer. This is clearly a COMCAST issue. The complaints about similar issues for other customers are numerous, but nothing ever changes. About a month ago, I maneuvered through the Comcast phone tree, and waited almost 40 minutes for a customer service rep to answer my call about this ongoing problem. Their answer was to send me a new modem...which took 2 weeks to arrive. It solved NOTHING. They ARE a major cable/internet provider. How hard could this be???

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Streaming Virtually Unusable

I will confirm all that was described here.. seems whatever is watched, whether online TV or movies, Xfininty is terrible!  I watch similar movies thru Amazon Prime Instant videos, never a problem..high quality HD picture, smooth transmission all the time.  I have to set Xfinity to Low Quality video under the tools option, a very pixeled picture, just to get video that does not stop and freeze all the time.  This is a problem Comcast!!...and you really need to re-engineer your video streaming.  Maybe Amazon or Netflix could help you, but this needs to change, soon!...

New Poster

I AGREE. Streamline video with Xfinity is absolutely unacceptable with 1 to 2 MBPS at the most it is just plain impossible to use the TV. On my PC all works fine.

Frequent Visitor

It's amazing how many of us have these same chronic issues with Xfinity, but no one from Comcast ever weighs in with a solution...

New Poster

I only recently found that I could access this service online. However it has been disappointing. I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue. Why is this service so unacceptable? For goodness sake this is a service through my cable/internet provider so why is it so bad?! I can stream Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, and every TV Network online just fine but when I try to stream a movie or a show on Xfinity, it is terribly choppy or the audio does not match the video. And why would I want to stream in low quality? That would be unwatchable too unless I only want to listen to the movie or show. Surely it is not my computer since I do not have this problem with any other websites. Is there some special application/program I need to install to make this service usable? I have tried to watch with Chrome and Firefox and both have the same issues; choppiness and audio does not match the video. I just cannot believe that a cable internet company would have such poor service for their online products/services. Please someone from Comcast reply or comment. 

Frequent Visitor

Now that they're becoming the Comcast/Time Warner conglomerate I suppose they could care less about providing their customers with satisfactory service. They have the monopoly. I just find it to be infuriating. A few friends have just made the switch to AT&T Uverse, and a few have ditched cable all together. Guess I'll see how they're fairing in a few weeks. I'm tired of paying for a service/product that is unusable.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation