Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Stream stopped working on Firefox Browser 59.0.2 on 4 28 2018 @ 2300 hrs

New Poster

Xfinity TV Stream stopped working on Firefox Browser 59.0.2 on 4 28 2018 @ 2300 hrs

Up until around 11pm on 4 28 2018 I was able to stream on Firefox (browser ver 59.0.2)  The browser then 'stalled' (Black screen with 3 alternative flashing dots (waiting....loading....) No changes on my end and the Firefox browser has not had an update involved since March 2018. To double check I uninstalled and then re installed the Firefox Browser....same result. Seems to be some system update on Xifinity end...

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 2.03.21 PM.png
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV Stream stopped working on Firefox Browser 59.0.2 on 4 28 2018 @ 2300 hrs

@DAWG1961 wrote:

Up until around 11pm on 4 28 2018 I was able to stream on Firefox (browser ver 59.0.2)  The browser then 'stalled' (Black screen with 3 alternative flashing dots (waiting....loading....) No changes on my end and the Firefox browser has not had an update involved since March 2018. To double check I uninstalled and then re installed the Firefox Browser....same result. Seems to be some system update on Xifinity end...

Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bit) streams fine on my system. Try clearing cache and cookies, it usually is the problem to not streaming

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Stream stopped working on Firefox Browser 59.0.2 on 4 28 2018 @ 2300 hrs

@mvenanzi wrote:

@DAWG1961 wrote:

Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bit) streams fine on my system. Try clearing cache and cookies, it usually is the problem to not streaming

Was worth a shot (clearing cache & cookies) but  with clear and a restart ...still no stream. Thank you for suggestion. 

Service Expert

@DAWG1961 wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

@DAWG1961 wrote:

Was worth a shot (clearing cache & cookies) but  with clear and a restart ...still no stream. Thank you for suggestion. 

chome has built in flash that is up to date. the 3 dots mean waiting for flash to initialize. your adobe flash player may be out of date or you have a 'fake' (changed/unsecure) version that came from a non-official site. try https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/ mine shows "You have version 29,0,0,140 installed" and it works fine. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have the exact problem with running Xfinity Stream with the latest Firefox starting about the same date.  Clearing the Cache and cookies did nothing and installing an updated Adobe Flash also has no affect.  It runs fine on IE, but I use Firefox as my default browser.  I agree that it must have been a change to Xfinity, since Flash and Firefox were not changed just before this occurred.

Service Expert

@bobnj1 wrote:

I have the exact problem with running Xfinity Stream with the latest Firefox starting about the same date.  Clearing the Cache and cookies did nothing and installing an updated Adobe Flash also has no affect.  It runs fine on IE, but I use Firefox as my default browser.  I agree that it must have been a change to Xfinity, since Flash and Firefox were not changed just before this occurred.

firefox is working just fine with the lastest adobe flash player. if chrome works try uninstalling firefox and reinstalling or just use chrome for the streamsite.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Chrome has built in flash because flash is insecure.  Installing flash on your system is a risk. You are better off using Chrome to stream from this site and not installing standalone flash.  Im actually kind of shocked that they are using it as their player instead of a more modern HTML5 based player.  It would offer better security for users and better video quality

Regular Visitor

Despite using Firefox as my default browser, I now intend to watch the Xfinity Stream on Int Explorer, since it works just fine.  However, it still is puzzling why it stopped workin gon Firefox last week!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation