Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Remote app freezes every 3-5 mins or so

New Poster

Xfinity TV Remote app freezes every 3-5 mins or so

The Xfinity TV Remote app freezes every 3-5 mins or so when watching a movie, anyone else noticing this?  My download speed is about 40 mbps so shouldn't be an issue.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app freezes every 3-5 mins or so

consumedsoul wrote:

The Xfinity TV Remote app freezes every 3-5 mins or so when watching a movie, anyone else noticing this?  My download speed is about 40 mbps so shouldn't be an issue.

Try using the XFINITY TV Player App and not the XFINITY TV Remote App and let me know if the video playback improves.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Having same issue. Am using xfininity player app not the remote app

Official Employee

jerrygrammer wrote:

Having same issue. Am using xfininity player app not the remote app

Can you please try another Wi-Fi connection and let me know if you see the same results.

Also, what movies/shows are you watching that is causing this issue? Please be specific.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

new xfinity tv player for android is flawed,it was perfect before resent update last week,reistalled same issues video locks up,why pay for a service nobody can use,I researched any everyone running android ics has issues, which is probly 80% of android tablets owners have! ,not gingerbread !

Bronze Problem Solver

Same issue here on my Galaxy 10.1 tablet i use to use this app everyday with no issues as soon as comcast updated the app in October the app is broke plays video but constant video freezes evey five seconds then resumes. Dump the new app and put the old version back it worked great.

New Poster

Basically the video freezes while audio still goes.

Issued with 4g and wifi.    Cant finish watching anything.  Samsung sgh-t599n. 

Please fix, there is no nbc app to catch up on dracula.

Frequent Visitor

xfinity tv player new app suks,I have posted problem that many of ur costomers have w/ no results! $210 a mo. and we get no help from comcast techs.I hear that comcast made a deal w/ att and it works fine when your paying comcast and paying for dat usage to cellular companys,but not useing wi/fi only,it works fine on my phone while paying for data.it"s been months now ,w/ no update or fix.please don' t try to upgrade  anything else without testing 1st before putting it out to ur costomers.yes I'm pssd,I can certainly understand if you personally have no contrlol over what ur superviors do ,but send another memo ha !

New Poster

I have the same problem... I have a Lenovo yoga 10 tablet running on android 4.1... TV to go app is useless...
New Poster

Please fix this....... Acer A500 same issue

New Poster

Same problem! I have 3 android devices each with a different OS. Won't work on any of them. I can stream anything from any where else, even in 1080p without so much as a glitch. Most places I stream from are even free! It makes me sick that such a ripoff company won't allow you to have an app that works from HBO because they are so afraid they won't get paid more than once for the same thing, yet they are incapable of making ANYTHING that actually works!!!!!
Frequent Visitor

"Joe" answered this for someone on another post a couple days ago. 

My 10.1 Samung tab wouldn't work, either.  Our S4 phone did.

"Fix" is to go to "main" menu where you pick the type of program you want (live tv, movies, network etc.)  At the bottom of the list is a "settings" option.  Click on that and then click on "playback options".  Change "high" to medium.  Seems to work for me.

New Poster

I wish that worked for me.  I've got mine set to medium and on a strong wifi network.  Video still pauses every minute or so.  Doesn't say "buffering" or anything, just freezes.  (Toshiba Excite LE tablet)

Strange thing is, last version of the app seemed to work fine.  This started back up with the latest update.

Frequent Visitor

comcast,does not care about its customers!if there was another service I would switch!months now unable to watch xfinity tv app on my acer a210 since upgrade.

Frequent Visitor

Yes yes i have had the same thing happen. I talked to two different IT people at comcast. They concluded that the new mandatory update comcast released about a month ago or so was not compatible with my ACER Iconia tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich. This really stinks. My tablet is unfortunately not going to get a jelly bean update from Acer so I can therefore no longer use it to stream my comcast service I pay for which i had been running perfectly fine up until about a month ago.  I cannot use my PC to stream onto my television because the audio will not transfer onto the TV.  Please everyone lets push comcast to support Ice Cream Sandwich on the tablet app for xfinity player. 

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Joe

I am having these same freezing issues on my tablet and posted as such.  It seems that tv shows run slow but don't freeze up as much as movies.  

Frequent Visitor

I tried this, unfortunately didnt work. 

Frequent Visitor

exactly the same w/ my acer a200 tab ! thx for posting ur findings,I mostly use my netflix without any issues,acer iconia tab a200

Frequent Visitor

I do download the movies,then are able to watch without issue,but we should not have to!

New Poster

I'm seeing the same issue when using my xfinity tv go app on my andriod table, but only at home with my comcast service. When I try it from my folks, who have Verizon DSL, it works perfectly. It's great for when I visit them, but would be nice if I could use it from home.
New Poster

I tried to watch a 1 hour show yesteday, and had the app freeze up over 30 times.  Even worse, I tried to watch another show but when it freezes during the ads before the show starts, it simply reboots back to the beginning of the ad.  Could never even get to the program itself.  This may be the worst functioning app I've ever had the displeasure of using.

New Poster

Same problem here! Tried multiple WiFi networks, multiple os settings. Uninstalled all other apps, disabled background data on everything but xfinity app and statically set cpu speed and tried all possible I/O scheduler. Only improved a tiny bit. Now app doesn't lock up but it will skip violently and pause for several seconds to rebuffer but will unstick most times. Can any one FIX this app PLEASE?!?!?!