Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Remote app for iOS – nothing

New Poster

Xfinity TV Remote app for iOS – nothing

Can't get the iOS TV Remote app to work.  It won't even display the TEST message on my TV.

In fact...  I can't get the TEST message to display on my TV via the web interface either.

I'm in Cambridge, MA, 02140.

I have an Xfinity RNG110 box.

How do I troubleshoot?

Problem with my network? Cable box? I've tried rebooting the cable box, reinstalling the app, etc...

-=A

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app for iOS – nothing

Same problem here except I'm using the Android version.  Same cable box.  Can't even get the test message to show up on the tv so nothing works.

Silver Problem Solver

so once you set it up on online it can take a few days to synch.  Go here and see what it says.   Your box is a cisco box, not all cisco areas have this feature but should be available by march according to comcast.   To check you can post a message in the next link and read about it all there.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Are you logging into the app with the primary users credentials and do you have your zip code set correctly in the app?    If it has been more than a few days and the answers are yes then you can try to uninstall theapp then try again.  You need to get it working on your computer first if it doesnt work there its not going to work in the app.

Regular Visitor

Thanks rog but my box is a motorola box.  The entire model # is PCRNG110R.  On the box itself it just says "RNG110".  So I suspect the rest of what you wrote/linked may not be applicable.

I appreciate you taking the time to try to help though.

Regular Visitor

Rog,

I did follow the link you provided to MyTV Settings.  I tried to manage my cable box.  It had the name for my tv I set up on the mobile app but I was not able to make it work from my computer either.  A pop up window came up with the option to "show name on tv" but when I pressed the button nothing happened.  In fact, no buttons on the pop up window worked.  I could not "cancel" or "finish" either.  The only way to clear the pop up was to click on the X in the upper right corner.  Clearly I'm not doing something right . . . .

Silver Problem Solver

what cable box do you have, its not avaialble in all areas.

Regular Visitor

Motorola model # is PCRNG110R

Silver Problem Solver

you both have the same box.   how long have you been trying to synch.  When you go to that website I posted what does it say about your boxes?   you can also try this.  on the cable box menu under set up you can see remote access set up.  go in there and see when you click ok it says do you want to delete or does it tell you to go to the web to set up?  If you get a delete option choose that and then go try to synch again from the pc.  sometimes it gets stuck.  if none of that works post in the other thread I gave you and comcast ted will  look at your account on Monday.

New Poster

I tried setting it up weeks ago.  I have an xfinity-branded RNG110 box.

I'm experiencing the same thing as blackdog – I click the button on the web page to display my TV name on my TV and nothing happens at all.

New Poster

Also, I don't see a "remote access" option in my Cable Menu Setup...

Regular Visitor

Same here . . . no remote access option on my setup menu.  Thanks for the help Rog.  I'll post on the other thread you linked to.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation