New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Remote app crashing after upgrading to iOS 6.1.2

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV Remote app crashing after upgrading to iOS 6.1.2

Xfinity TV Remote apps on iPhone & iPad Quit immediately after launching - even after re-installing them.

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV app

Hi Julien

The data for your DAC ID, 106_64, looks pretty normal to me, so I'm guessing that the data dudes found the problem, regenerated the listings data for all the DACs, and fixed the problem for everyone in one fell swoop.

At this point, deleting the app and reinstalling will force it to grab the new data, and you should be all set. Let me know if you're not!

Cheers,

Lori

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem, very frustrating.  I think it may be related to the IOS 6.1 update?  Apple recommended contacting the creator of the application.  Xfinity "contact us" does not appear to take you to a technical representative of comcast.  Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Hi all,

I have the iOS 6.1.2 update and cannot duplicate this issue.

What Apple devices are you using?

What version of the Remote app do you have?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem and Comcat is not able to help. very very frustrating

Frequent Visitor

I have an iPad2 and my software version is 6.1.2.

Frequent Visitor

Also xfinity 1.14.0. I've tried deleting it, re-installing, re-booting iPad...it's definitely real.

Frequent Visitor

Btw, comcastJoe, if u fix this you will be my absolute favorite today! 

Many thanks in advance for the help!

Official Employee

GF-CT wrote:

Also xfinity 1.14.0. I've tried deleting it, re-installing, re-booting iPad...it's definitely real.

Did you update your iOS this morning and it stopped working or has it not work for a few days now?

Is the XFINITY TV Player app working for you? This is not a permanent solution but will help us narrow down the issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Joe,

Yup upgraded yesterday, it did work before upgrade, TV player app works (just installed).  Hope this helps.

Frequent Visitor

I upgraded yesterday also,and now it does not work. It worked before upgrade also.

Regular Visitor

Don't recall about. Player works fine.

New Poster

TV App

The XFINITY App on my new Ipad closes immediately after it is launched.  Have rebooted Ipad and deleted and reinstalled app with no change.

Official Employee

Hi all,

I know GF-CT is using a iPad2 but what other devices are people seeing this problem on? I would like to try to narrow down this issue and test it out.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

It's happening on my iPhone 4 also

Frequent Visitor

I don't dare upgrade my phone!  I'm not sure what issues the new upgrade fixed but from my perspective it made things worse.

New Poster

My xfinity tv app is not working on my ipad2 -iphone5-iphone4s. Called comcast twice and problem not solved. Did not just upgrade. It was working on Saturday  stopped working Monday. Uninstalled and reinstalled and shut down router and restarted. Not working starts to load and shuts down. Help!!!

New Poster

I'm having the same problem, iPad2. Started the app this morning and it shows the xfinity logo, then goes to the channel page and starts to spin, then crash.

It worked fine several days previous. I rebooted the ipad and then updated the app, same result. My next step was to update the device to the most recent OS 6.1.2 and it is still crashing.

In the diagnostics tab, it is reporting: 

exc_bad_access (sigsegv)

Exception code: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS 0xa3a3a3a3

Frequent Visitor

If this is a app issue, upgrading will not fix it. Check previous posts, some if us have upgraded and have the problem. Sound like someone updated the app in the last couple days Joe?
Contributor

The Android app is showing scrambled show names. Says null all over the place. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Here's a screen shot.

It still allows me to change channels, but I'm guessing at what the show is. It's been showing a lot of TBD for the last couple weeks, but all these nulls have been since just before the weekend.

I cleared the cache and data, re-set my info, and it still does it. So that tells me it's a problem on the server side.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/MykRian/misc/Screenshot_2013-02-20-21-21-07_zpsa0638f56.png

This app has been working perfectly for months. What did you people do to screw it up?

Stop changing things.

Frequent Visitor

Hopefully we're getting closer to a solution joe? Not due o the iPhone upgrade. Server/app chane within te last 24-48 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed. My vote undo what was done, I really like this app.

New Poster

Xfinity TV app

App keeps crashing when attempting to load. Already tried reinstalling.
Official Employee

Hi all,

Our team is further looking into this issue.

I may reach out to the thread if I need to collect more information about your devices.

When any new information comes along, I will update this thread.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe!  I have faith the problem will be resolved.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Do you remember if you manually entered your zip code to obtain your TV Listings on the app or if the app automatically detected your zip code and service area?

Any information would be appreciated while we still investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Have to manually enter the zip code for correct listing of area

Frequent Visitor

I don't ever recall putting in my zip code.

Problem Solver

Hi all

We haven't updated the app in a couple months, so we are investigating whether this is a tv listings data issue, an iOS upgrade issue, or some other server-side data issue. Can anyone help me with testing the tv listings data issue theory by deleting the app and reinstalling? If it was a tv listings data issue, deleting and reinstalling while the bad data was still being served would not have resolved the problem. Good data *should* be being served now, though, so a reinstall should do the trick.  

IF you try reinstalling and your problem is not solved, can you please respond with [a] how far you got before the crash, and [b] whether you were prompted to enter a zip code (and if so, what you entered and which lineup you picked), or whether you were taken directly to the tv listings grid. 

Thanks for your help! 

Cheers,

LoriHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I uninstalled,then reinstalled. signed into comcast. Had to pick which box is being used. TV listing tried to install but quit without installing.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app crashing after upgrading to iOS 6.1.2

I'm in Boston and will be home (gales ferry ct) tonight to rest if u think it would help.
New Poster

I'm having this same problem - I deleted the app and reinstalled it.

I got the screen that asked for my username/pwd. Then the screen that showed my 3 DVR devices. After clicking Continue, I got the TV Listing screen (no prompt for zip code), it did not display any listings (just the "Loading" gear), and then it crashed.

There are a lot of people in the App Store complaining as well. Looks like it started happening a few days ago.

Problem Solver

OK, thank you. I took a guess that hlsgillman was your Comcast username and looked up your DAC ID (your automatically-selected channel lineup), and I can see that the data for that lineup is still thoroughly borked — which explains why I can't reproduce the problem on any other device with lots of different accounts, but you can.

It also means that this is definitely a data issue, and unrelated to the iOS 6.1.2 update. I'll ask that someone try to fix that channel lineup asap.

For others who are having this problem, can you specify your Comcast username, so I can look up your DAC and pass the info on to the data team to fix?

Thanks for your help and patience in tracking this down.

Cheers,

Lori

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

dbrown331957.

I believe it started between Sunday-Tuesday am.  I don't use this app everyday but did use it last Saturday and it was fine.

Problem Solver

Yep, your DAC (10_4) is also borked. :-( I've passed this info along to the data teams.

Apologies again for your having to suffer through this.

LoriHC

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

Hi GadgetEmpress

Yes, we're aware of the complaints, and have identified it as a data issue. If you can provide your Comcast username (I don't need the password), I can look up your DAC ID and let the data teams know that it is also broken. I'm hoping that there's a single root cause and that fixing that and then re-generating the data will fix it for all the currently-broken DACs.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Lori

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I started having the same issues starting last weekend. I tried to reinstall the app on both my iPhone 5 and iPad 3, but it crashes everytime on TV Listing view.

My Comcast username is: julien.ferrari

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Julien
Contributor

If this has been covered I apologize. I tried to read as much above. This following worked form me on an Xfinity app. I wonder if it would be good practice after every update to turn off the device and restart it. I can remember years ago, I'm talking the 90's, almost every new program you downloaded and installed they recommended you do a restart. Now, not so much. But is solved my situation. Here's how I posted it elsewhere.  Hope it helps.  Jack  ":-D

I have an update. It seems I have found a solution, at least on me end, no telling how is will work on your end for this problem. Indulge me while I have fun with colors. 

UNINSTALL Xfinity TV app. I probably wouldn't hurt here to do a full shutdown and then restart.

REINSTALL Xfinity TV app.

DO NOT START IT YET !!

FULL SHUTDOWN AGAIN

BOOT UP AND TRY THE APP AGAIN

It has worked for me!  ":-D happy happy happy Jack!  ":-D

New Poster

I just tried what Jackdashack suggested and I did get some different behavior. Now the app loads but I got a message "Data Unavailable" and the listings were blank. I exited the app, and went back in. Now it's dong the same thing again.

Lori - I sent you a priviate message with my userid - let me know if you didn't receive it. And thanks for the help!

Contributor

GagetEmpress .. Sometimes my channels will say "to be announced" more than it should. Then other times they fill in. I would just make one more suggestion ... try it again or just let it sit a bit on that app open andsee if anything fills in. In the mean time if I hear of anything else I will report back. Jack  ":-D

New Poster

My tv app is now working. Thanks to whoever did this
Problem Solver

Hi Julien

The data for your DAC ID, 106_64, looks pretty normal to me, so I'm guessing that the data dudes found the problem, regenerated the listings data for all the DACs, and fixed the problem for everyone in one fell swoop.

At this point, deleting the app and reinstalling will force it to grab the new data, and you should be all set. Let me know if you're not!

Cheers,

Lori

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi Lori,

Everything seems to be back to normal as of 5 minutes ago! I didn't even have to reinstall the app.

Thanks for relaying our troubles to the "data dudes" in such a timely fashion!

Julien
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for all your help. Everything is working fine now on both my iPads and iPhone.
Problem Solver

Woo hoo! Thanks for hanging in there, everybody!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

It's working again!!  Great.  Just in time for the races this weekend.

New Poster

I'm back up and running again as well - THANK YOU LORI!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Me too, I guess the system does work! Great job comcast team!