Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Remote - No Episodes Displayed for TV Series

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV Remote - No Episodes Displayed for TV Series

I tend to use the Xfinity TV Remote because it's easer to navigate than the TV remote. Within the last 3 weeks it's no longer working for TV series. When you click on All Episodes the screen that displays is completely blank. There is no way to select and play an episode.

I have reset my iPad. I've deleted and reinstalled the app. I've chatted with a Comcast employee who assured what ever she was doing with my account was going to fix it in 30 minutes. Nothing has been fixed.

Would someone from Comcast please explain how to get this working again?

Thank you.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV Remote - No Episodes Displayed for TV Series

kmsga66 wrote:
I tend to use the Xfinity TV Remote because it's easer to navigate than the TV remote. Within the last 3 weeks it's no longer working for TV series. When you click on All Episodes the screen that displays is completely blank. There is no way to select and play an episode.

I have reset my iPad. I've deleted and reinstalled the app. I've chatted with a Comcast employee who assured what ever she was doing with my account was going to fix it in 30 minutes. Nothing has been fixed.

Would someone from Comcast please explain how to get this working again?

Thank you.

Do you mean the TV Go app?  There is no TV Series filter on the TV Remote App.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Tv remote app lists no shows, good wife says 117 episodes and does not show anything to click on, was working last week
Frequent Visitor

It's the TV Remote app. It's not a filter its a category. If I could upload photos I could quickly show you.
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same problem with the Xfinity TV Remote app on ios. I am using aniPad Air. The app has workd correctly in the past.

When I use the "Search" function on the TV listings page for a TV series e.g., Doctor Who, Big Bang Theory, the results page has two categories: TV Listings and On Demand. If I select On Demand for Doctor Who, the normal popup appears but it is completely empty except for the title and the Done button at the top.
Frequent Visitor

Any more suggestions ComcastChad?? As you can see there are others with the same problem.
New Poster

I have the exact same problem.

It started about a week ago. It has happened on multiple devices (iPads) in my household. I've tried resetting my cable modem, reinstalling the TV Remote app, resetting my DVR and rebooting my iPads; nothing has worked.

One thing to note; it started right after I got a strange message while I was using the On Demand feature on my DVR (not the TV Remote app). It said something about the server being busy and to come back later. That was a week ago.

Also, after I reset my DVR, it took a couple of days for it to fully repopulate the TV Guide. Usually it would only take a few hours.
Official Employee

kmsga66 wrote:
Any more suggestions ComcastChad?? As you can see there are others with the same problem.

I am not seeing the same issue, just tried on my ipad and iphone.   What action is not working for?  When you click the Watch On button, nothing happens?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

In On Demand. Click on any TV series. Click on All Episodes. Pop-up is blank, no episodes are displayed. Could this be regional? I'm in Massachusetts.
Regular Contributor

jal1958 wrote:
In On Demand. Click on any TV series. Click on All Episodes. Pop-up is blank, no episodes are displayed. Could this be regional? I'm in Massachusetts.

jal1958/kmsga66,

Both Chad and I are  unable to duplicate your issues. With your permission, may I go in to your accounts and create a secondary user so that  we can test this further?

Please provide me your Comcast usernames if different from the Forums name used here. 

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

user name is the same & already have a secondary account with the same problem.   feel free to create another to test.

as i stated before it's related to retrieving episodes of a tv series.  the pop up window is empty & cannont select an episode

Regular Contributor

Thanks KMS, I see that...

This just allows us to test your account with out you providing your personal password. Good to know it impacts both of your user IDs so I'm hopeful this third account can show us something I can pass on to Mobile Engineering.

Thanks for the patience, talk soon...
Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

kmsga66 wrote:

user name is the same & already have a secondary account with the same problem.   feel free to create another to test.

as i stated before it's related to retrieving episodes of a tv series.  the pop up window is empty & cannont select an episode

kms,

Looks like I was able to replicate using a new test account I created. It appears that it fails trying to make the call to pull the assets in. You noted this started about a week ago? Did you make any recent account changes (add services, equipment, etc)? I don't see anything that jumps out but would need to check in with our CARE team to look deeper at your services. In the mean time, we have a ticket open to get this looked at by the Mobile Engineering team.

Look for an update before the end of the day. Based on the issue, this may take some time to fix so I want to set the right expectations.

Thanks,
Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

No changes on our side. I'm guessing at the time frame. The good news is you could replicate it.
Regular Contributor

Ok, have some updates here for everyone...

Looks like this is related to an open Problem investigation we have that was initially observed with TV Go web portal for some customers. In other words, if you go to the web and view TV Shows OnDemand (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ondemand/full_episodes#page=1&sortBy=fancastVodRank&layout=gallery) you will notice the same odd behavior.

I'm going to be working with the Engineering teams on an ETA. We have both a short term fix and long term plan to correct the issue. It's all based on various regional market data so this isn't impacting everyone, but it's still widespread.

While there does not appear to be a workaround in the app, you can use your PC (and potentially a tablet in full view) to go here and then choose "Watch on Demand". Here's a link to Modern Family for example:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Modern-Family/6158438733133910112/full-episodes#episode=585575296...

I'll provide updates before the end of the week on an ETA.

Thanks for the patience,
Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

No changes to services on my account either.  I can't be positive, but the problem may have occurred after the latest update to IOS 8.1.1 on my iPad Air.

Frequent Visitor

im in MA and have the same problem

Regular Contributor

Please see my post above from 12/3. Awaiting confirmation of when this fix can be applied.

Hope to have an update tomorrow.

This is not related to iOS or your location. It impacts web and Android as well.

Talk soon,
Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Magically it's working today when I checked the app on my iPhone.  Hope it doesn't disappear again soon like 5.1 surround on my DVR which isn't suppose to be working again until January.

Just a suggestion to Comcast.... test, test, test before releasing software updates.  Customers expect what's advertised as product features to work when they're paying for the service.