Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Player App for Android suddenly locking me out of shows

New Poster

Xfinity TV Player App for Android suddenly locking me out of shows

I have been using the Xfinity TV Player app on my Samsung Galaxy tablet for the last few weeks and it has been great. but tonight when I opened it to continue watching shows on Starz and other networks I get an orange key icon and a message telling me that I have to have a subscription to view content. I am actively subscribed to every channel I wanted to watch and have enjoyed content from them as recently as 2 days ago on my tablet. I haven't changed any of my services and I don't stream content to any other devices, so it's not an issue of me going over the 3 device allotment or not paying my bill or changing services.

Any help, answers, or information would be great. I pay a lot for Comcast and would like to be able to watch my favorite shows on my tablet again.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Player App for Android suddenly locking me out of shows

I'm having this same issue. I've watched all of Nurse Jackie and I'm on Season 8 - Episode 3 of Weeds...I watched all other episodes (7+ seasons) just fine and now it shows a locked icon.  But, when I'm searching for shows and filter for only downloadable, unlocked shows...Weeds shows up...when I click on the individual episodes they show locked.  This needs to be fixed! I watch this while I'm working out and neeeeeeed to see the rest of Weeds!!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation