Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Online Crashes Computer

New Poster

Xfinity TV Online Crashes Computer

Every time I try to watch anything online, the player starts to load, then I get a BSOD / Computer crash. This Always happens; I have NEVER been able to watch Xfinity online. Other services that use Silverlight - like Netflix - work fine and have never caused this issue. Latest NVIDIA driver installed, Latest version of Flash also installed.. Here's the info from the computer diagnostic page: My Device Information My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:70.89.253.233My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 5.1My web browser:Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.1; .NET4.0C)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:enabled Cookies:enabled I'd really appreciate any help anybody can give me regarding this issue.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV Online Crashes Computer

overdood wrote:
Every time I try to watch anything online, the player starts to load, then I get a BSOD / Computer crash. This Always happens; I have NEVER been able to watch Xfinity online. Other services that use Silverlight - like Netflix - work fine and have never caused this issue. Latest NVIDIA driver installed, Latest version of Flash also installed.. Here's the info from the computer diagnostic page: My Device Information My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:70.89.253.233My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 5.1My web browser:Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.1; .NET4.0C)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:enabled Cookies:enabled I'd really appreciate any help anybody can give me regarding this issue.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Also, what programs are you trying watch?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Online Crashes Computer

Well, I just tried the portable version of Firefox and it worked fine.  Guess that will have to work for now, until M$oft gets their act together and learns how to code a browser that is safe, AND functional...

And regarding your question about what I was trying to watch, the answer is ANYTHING.  I've only tried it twice, since I'm not real keen on destroying sectors on my hard disk via BSOD hard restarts.

Today it was the latest episode of The Walking Dead that caused the BSOD in Internet Explorer.  The other time I tried it was about 3 months ago, and I think it was an episode of The Family Guy, but I can't say for sure.

Thanks for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation