Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Mobile App - iOS not completely working

Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV Mobile App - iOS not completely working

I just recently had Xfinity service installed. I am actually on my third DVR box as the first two turned out to be defective.
Today, I looked on the DVR and there were some 20 programs set to record that I had not set up. I can only assume that they were from whoever had the DVR before me. I have set the DVR to not record those programs.
On the Xfinity app, I can see the DVR and can also control channels on the DVR. However, the recorded percentage is showing at 44% and I have nothing actually recorded on the DVR. I also do not see any record buttons in the app itself.
I have set up programs to record on the DVR itself, but do not see those in the scheduled programs on the app.
I have also checked to see that the TV control was configured on the Settings website. Both my DVR and non-DVR were set to "Off". I have changed that to "On", but did not see any change.
I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is something still maybe not configured correctly.

Also, if I try to use the Schedule DVR feature from the web, I get "Synchronizing with DVR" and it doesn't ever change.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV Mobile App - iOS not completely working

jtiger102 wrote:

I just recently had Xfinity service installed. I am actually on my third DVR box as the first two turned out to be defective.
Today, I looked on the DVR and there were some 20 programs set to record that I had not set up. I can only assume that they were from whoever had the DVR before me. I have set the DVR to not record those programs.
On the Xfinity app, I can see the DVR and can also control channels on the DVR. However, the recorded percentage is showing at 44% and I have nothing actually recorded on the DVR. I also do not see any record buttons in the app itself.
I have set up programs to record on the DVR itself, but do not see those in the scheduled programs on the app.
I have also checked to see that the TV control was configured on the Settings website. Both my DVR and non-DVR were set to "Off". I have changed that to "On", but did not see any change.
I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is something still maybe not configured correctly.

Also, if I try to use the Schedule DVR feature from the web, I get "Synchronizing with DVR" and it doesn't ever change.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

So, I still haven't been contacted by a Comcast representative at this point and I have no messages left for me either by phone or email.

I still have the same problems of not being able to use the DVR Manager or schedule recordings from the app.  The web still shows synchronizing and hasn't changed.  My DVR percentage is still stuck on 44% even thought I know my DVR is something different from that.

Another thing I noticed is that in the list of "My equipment" there are four items.  One of them is SD PKMS802.  I'm not sure what that is or if it is something outside my house.  But the DVR receiver, the non-DVR receiver and my modem are all listed properly.

ComcastJoe, if you have a way to help out with this, that would much appreciated.

Edit: I've checked the Settings again here: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes just to see if anything was different.  It still shows my DVR and the non-DVR and they are both set up for TV Control "On".  The Default DVR column is showing revolving arrows associated with the DVR.  When I mouse over the arrows, I get the following, "DVR is syncing with DVR Manager and is currently unavailable".

Regular Visitor

Bump.  Still haven't heard anything from Comcast on this one.

Regular Visitor

I'ts the m-card on the back of your hd box.

Regular Visitor

The( sd pkms802) is the m-card on the back of your hd box.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation