Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Interface

New Poster

Xfinity TV Interface

Are there any plans to improve the interface and sorting options for Xfinity TV Online Streaming service? I've been using your online streaming service quite a bit and have had an overall pleasent experience. However, I've been frustrated at times with how unintuitive it is to find new things to watch. First off, what exactly does 'Popular' sort by? Currently when I sort movies with this option the movies on the top row are 'Gettin'It' And 'National Lampoons Cattle Call' along with some other movies I would'nt even consider wathcing. These are somehow more popular than movies such as 'Avatar' and 'The Kings Speech'?

Second, while I could see the 'Release Date' option being useful in certain circumstances it would be infinitly more useful if we could sort by when movies were added to your service. Movies from as far back as the 40s are being rotated in all the time and there is no way to bring those newly available movies to the front of the page.

It would also be nice to see some kind of user based rating system.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV Interface

pointman205 wrote:

Are there any plans to improve the interface and sorting options for Xfinity TV Online Streaming service? I've been using your online streaming service quite a bit and have had an overall pleasent experience. However, I've been frustrated at times with how unintuitive it is to find new things to watch. First off, what exactly does 'Popular' sort by? Currently when I sort movies with this option the movies on the top row are 'Gettin'It' And 'National Lampoons Cattle Call' along with some other movies I would'nt even consider wathcing. These are somehow more popular than movies such as 'Avatar' and 'The Kings Speech'?

Second, while I could see the 'Release Date' option being useful in certain circumstances it would be infinitly more useful if we could sort by when movies were added to your service. Movies from as far back as the 40s are being rotated in all the time and there is no way to bring those newly available movies to the front of the page.

It would also be nice to see some kind of user based rating system.

Thanks

You have a few requests in here so I want to answer them individually:

"what exactly does 'Popular' sort by? Currently when I sort movies with this option the movies on the top row are 'Gettin'It' And 'National Lampoons Cattle Call' along with some other movies I would'nt even consider wathcing. These are somehow more popular than movies such as 'Avatar' and 'The Kings Speech'?"

On our Movies page, the Popular filter is based on video views. The movies you mentioned in your post are free movies that are available to all users; Xfinity and non-Xfinity customers. Since these are available to everyone, they get more views. The premium content (HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.) is only for Xfinity Cable customers with a matching subscription. These movies are newer and most are blockbuster hits. If you would like to remove movies like "Gettin' It" from your browsing, try using our filters on the left hand side of the screen. Under Networks, set it up to where only premium content is being shown.

"while I could see the 'Release Date' option being useful in certain circumstances it would be infinitly more useful if we could sort by when movies were added to your service. Movies from as far back as the 40s are being rotated in all the time and there is no way to bring those newly available movies to the front of the page."

We do not have this filter for movies but we do have it for our TV Series page. I will pass your request of adding a "Newly Available" filter to our Movies page along to our product team to consider for a future release.

"It would also be nice to see some kind of user based rating system"

We recently have added ratings but we currently do not have user based ratings. An idea of adding a user based rating system similar to iTunes has been discussed and is still being taken under consideration for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation