New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Guide - What a Joke!!!! Search completely broken

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV Guide - What a Joke!!!! Search completely broken

Xfinity TV guide is completely a joke. I still cannot get to list all channels - I can see only my favorite channels. It's like I am stuck for life with these set of channels.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/DVR-Manager/Adding-and-Removing-Favorite-Channels/td-p/943173

Posting that got me no where. So I started using TitanTV to find my TV shows and only use Xfinity TV Listings Web page to search for TV shows and shchedule DVR recording.

Boom, Comcast had to introduce the new makeover and completely break the search functionality. Let's say I search for "The Big Bang Theory". The TVListings tab of search results shows me listings for 3/12, 4/18 and every past aired episode but for three repeat episodes that are scheduled to air today.

Seriously, Comcast, what is this joke called XFinity? Is anyone listening?

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV Guide - What a Joke!!!! Search completely broken

silicon_valley wrote:

Xfinity TV guide is completely a joke. I still cannot get to list all channels - I can see only my favorite channels. It's like I am stuck for life with these set of channels.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/DVR-Manager/Adding-and-Removing-Favorite-Channels/td-p/943173

Posting that got me no where. So I started using TitanTV to find my TV shows and only use Xfinity TV Listings Web page to search for TV shows and shchedule DVR recording.

Boom, Comcast had to introduce the new makeover and completely break the search functionality. Let's say I search for "The Big Bang Theory". The TVListings tab of search results shows me listings for 3/12, 4/18 and every past aired episode but for three repeat episodes that are scheduled to air today.

silicon_valley,

Try this to view all listings:

1.Un-favorite all of your channels 
2. Log out 
3. Log back it 
4. Re-create your favorites 

All channels should now appear.

Your feedback about the search feature has been noted and will be taken under consideration going forward.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Ha!  Yes!  You can't see what channels the shows are on in search results, or what time they're on, or whether they are HD or not, and, as you point out, are completely useless.  Why did they "fix" something that wasn't broken?  WTHF? The only thing I was told to justify the change is that they changed the color scheme.

Official Employee

silicon_valley wrote:

silicon_valley,

Try this to view all listings:

1.Un-favorite all of your channels 
2. Log out 
3. Log back it 
4. Re-create your favorites 

All channels should now appear.

Your feedback about the search feature has been noted and will be taken under consideration going forward.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe! That worked, I can see all channels again...

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation