members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Go app on Apple iOS questions

ANSWERED
Contributor

Xfinity TV Go app on Apple iOS questions

Questions about the Xfinity TV Go app on Apple iOS:

1.   When I try to plug my iPhone/iPad into a TV using the Apple Component AV Cable, I get the following message:

We're Sorry. Because of security protocols specified by our Network partners, you can enjoy this great video on your mobile device only.

Netflix doesn't do this.

2.  When I start watching a movie on my iPad, how can I finish it using my cable box OnDemand service?

TIA, Peter

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV Go app on Apple iOS questions

1. We apologize for the inconvenience, at this time that's the right message. There is currently no ability for you to stream XFINITY TV content from your phone onto your television. 

2. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, at this time that is not an option with our streaming TV service.

View answer in context
Official Employee

1. We apologize for the inconvenience, at this time that's the right message. There is currently no ability for you to stream XFINITY TV content from your phone onto your television. 

2. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, at this time that is not an option with our streaming TV service.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

You aren't going to reveal to this user that Comcast blocks some station content from being displayed from an IOS device to a larger screen via Airplay and Apple TV?  Probably the same issue when hardwiring the connection.  That's the message you get when you can hear the sound, but cannot see the video.

Were you planning to give the user a workaround your policy?  What possible difference could it make in the ultimate display size, after the user has paid for the subscription to the premium channels.

If you have a plan to solve the users problem, please be forthcoming.  If it's yet another extra cost add-on, you should tell the user that too.  

Official Employee

tholder,

As mentioned in my previous post, at this time there is no option to stream from your phone to a TV via a component cable. Unfortunately, this means there is no workaround to allow for this functionality. It also means that there is no way to add this service for an additional cost, our streaming TV service just does not allow for that feature at this time.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Your Company's "policy" (not yours, of course) reminds me alot of a osterich.  Instead of consciously avoiding the issue, Comcast should embrace proven technology and move, albeit kicking and screaming, into 2014.  I cannot for the life of me understand what Comcast seeks to accomplish by this restriction on my usage.  Of course, at our pay grade, this "problem" is neither of our problems (albeit certainly a "problem" for the subscriber), except for the fact that I pay for a set of expectations which are consciously not being met by your Company.

The work around I alluded to is to use MAC OS X based technology (Maverick) to stream the content we pay so dearly for via Airplay to a larger screen thru Apple TV.  Comcast hasn't figured out, or implemented (if they have figured it out) a block on that platform.  In the interest of customer service, you might just share that option with the thousands of users who face this obstruction, and want a solution.

Hope you know, after all is said and done, I still love the actor (you).  It's just the action (Comcast's) that I abhor.

Happy New Year!

Contributor

I just accepted the solution. Rather than breaking their balls, I'm voting with my feet. I use Netflix. If and when Comcast becomes more user-friendly, I'll use them. They're still taking me for nearly $200/month, vs. $ 7.99 for Netflix. Who's fatter than Comcast?

They'll come around eventually...

New Poster

Just another reason to dump xfinity.

Why would they disallow mirroring of broadcast from iPad to the TV?

New Poster

Xfinity player used to have this option, so this is recent. I travel frequently and only bought the AV adapter so I could plug in my iPad to watch on a larger tv when I am away from home. This really sucks.
Frequent Visitor

Yep I bought a hard wire adapter to go from my iphone 4s to a HDMI imput to my large screen. Was so excited when everything showed up on the large screen from my phone except the one main thing I bought it for, to stream movies to it. Should have known--Comcast

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

'there is no problem'. Yeah, actually, there's a big problem when a company blocks access to viewing content for <edited for violating forum guidelines: "language"> "security" reasons. &lt;br&gt;What kind of security problem could there possibly be with people playing content from their phone to their TV? &lt;br&gt;

New Poster

Not entirely true all other programming providers do simply switch and get a lower rate from dish.
Frequent Visitor

Absolutely agree that this is ridiculous. Was going to use the xfinity app on my 360 to watch Preacher? but forgot they removed it last year. Tried to hook up my IPhone to the television and got the <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "language"> "security" message. HBOGo and Netflix work just fine. Which reminds of another gripe I ran into a couple of weeks ago when trying to watch Starz on my IPhone. Xfinity is no longer a valid provider for the STARZ app!?!? I think it's seriously time to jump ship...

Frequent Visitor

I got on here to find that out..Not sure it's allowed ..is it?

New Poster

Ok. Now for a real reason. I paid $49 for tha hdmi adapter for iOS, what is the issue, both have paid more than fairly and even now today the equipment cannot be used. Please fix this problem. Neil Smit has been contacted and Tom's customer service group supports our position. Please, knowing full well that the market will "make" it work, do it yourselves and be a leader, Neil and Tom will appreciate it.
Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV-GO was working just fine on my small android notebook until your company redirected me to install "New and Better app" once I did that I can log in and see all the channels, but once I try to play it I het this message:

"We're Sorry. Because of the security protocol required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only"

Is my 11" notebook not mobile device? Why did you delete functionality from my service when I still pay the same fee?

On your front page there is a statement “TURN ANY DEVICE IN A PERSONAL TV SCREEN"

As you can see the keyword is "ANY DEVICE" it is not for you to decide; I'm paying for service and since you are not supplying the device you should allow me to watch it on anything from "google glass" to 120" screen TV.

I believe it is time to petition FCC to clarify this problem.

PS: I understand that you are collecting $10.00 for every box times millions, but time is changing and other companies already offer compatible product.

Where is the Roku app by the way? It was going to be ready by late fall 2016; any news on that?

Official Employee

sbujak1 wrote:

Xfinity TV-GO was working just fine on my small android notebook until your company redirected me to install "New and Better app" once I did that I can log in and see all the channels, but once I try to play it I het this message:

"We're Sorry. Because of the security protocol required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only"

Is my 11" notebook not mobile device? Why did you delete functionality from my service when I still pay the same fee?

On your front page there is a statement “TURN ANY DEVICE IN A PERSONAL TV SCREEN"

As you can see the keyword is "ANY DEVICE" it is not for you to decide; I'm paying for service and since you are not supplying the device you should allow me to watch it on anything from "google glass" to 120" screen TV.

I believe it is time to petition FCC to clarify this problem.

PS: I understand that you are collecting $10.00 for every box times millions, but time is changing and other companies already offer compatible product.

Where is the Roku app by the way? It was going to be ready by late fall 2016; any news on that?

The XFINITY TV app is currently available for iOS, Android and Kindle devices but screen mirroring is blocked due to restrictions from our programming partners. The Roku app is in development with plans to release it before the end of 2016.

Please disable screen mirroring/Google Cast on your Android device to avoid the message you are receiving. 

Community Icon

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

That is because they changed their security. When it was TV GO, i had no issues before this update... They basically want you to buy cable. Bs... Xfinity allows multiple devices streaming simultaneously, so I don't see an issue. Ever since they updated the app recently it has been an issue. There is a conflict of address or ip address causing this... The only other way to do this is to connect the pc monitor to the hd tv using an hdmi cable. Make sure to use a splitter though. My mother lives at home and only uses it on her ONE HDTV. I don't see why they are so concerned about this. They make a killing off of customers.. I should be allowed to watch something from a small screen to a large screen from whatever device of my choosing without restrictions.

New Poster

Yea, you just recently changed the restrictions. Get over it... I don't think people are stealing cable like they used to. I have permission from a family member to use their account because i can't afford the ridiculous fees..

Regular Visitor

Not possible is not correct it is not allowed by Comcast it is their developers that made the app disable play when airplay or a Mobil device is connected to a larger screen because this allows you to avoid paying for a second or third settop box for that other tv. It is all about Comcast nickel and dimming their customers on a already high priced product. And they advertise X1 like it does everything for the price they quote in the ad but fail to include the fact the DVR features are extra multi room- extra mobile restricted.
New Poster

<Edited for violating forum guidelines>. It is advertised as "Any Device" not "any device that they seem fit to use". I will be contacting someone to see what can be done.

New Poster

Actually, It used to be possible. It has just recently become "impossible"... Why has Xfinity taken this option away?
New Poster

It just blows you know. I watch on my laptop connected to my HDTV and the frame rate however sometimes stutters. Unless I should get a powerful up to date laptop (and my wifi card only connects to 2.4ghz networks which can get crowded). Of course I have my ipad with a clamp holder mounted on my bed headboard and watch (was watching power last night, and yes I heard about the Starz app no longer playing on xfinity networks).

And all these so called xfinity reps on these forums just say bland answers not saying the reason or why. Of course it's their job not to say too much.

There is somewhat hope though investing a roku device which may have an xfinity app soon or there's beta testing now, but as soon as I heard you have to pay $10 in addition a month if you stream from it so it's not worth it but a ripoff to me
New Poster

When using the xFinity Streaming App on an iPad you cannot either Airplay it or use an hdmi adapter to play it on a TV. It seems this is just a Comcast decision not to allow this and not anything technical. So, Comcast, here is a reason you should reconsider. We go away for three months a year in the summer and rent a place that does not have Comcast. I would like to leave my xFinity service on at home and be able to watch my recorded programs in the rental unit. If I could do this there would be no reason for me to put my service on a vacation suspension. How about it?