Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV App won't work

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV App won't work

I recently purchased a HP Chromebook and am trying to get the xfinity tv to work. It starts working and then I receive the following error messages. "Unable to tune channel" and "We've run into a problem while streaming...Error 900.106000 The programs start streaming for a second or two and then the errors appear. The tv app works fine on my Apple Ipad and my android phone but not on the Chromebook. I tried calling the help desk but they were unable to assist. The Errors are multiple.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV App won't work

djgiannola wrote:

I recently purchased a HP Chromebook and am trying to get the xfinity tv to work. It starts working and then I receive the following error messages. "Unable to tune channel" and "We've run into a problem while streaming...Error 900.106000 The programs start streaming for a second or two and then the errors appear. The tv app works fine on my Apple Ipad and my android phone but not on the Chromebook. I tried calling the help desk but they were unable to assist. The Errors are multiple.

Chromebook is currently not supported, our engineering teams are aware and working on the playback issues.  No estimated date for  the fix. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Please get this device supported. Your advertisement says that ALL devices are supported. I purchased the Chromebook with the understanding that this would work. I feel somewhat deceived.

Frequent Visitor

Do you know when this will be supported for the HP Chromebook?

Official Employee

djgiannola wrote:

Do you know when this will be supported for the HP Chromebook?

I do not have a date to provide you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I just got service yesterday and was told my Chromebooks (I have 3) would work by the salesperson.  They don't.  I will have to cancel service as this "device" promise makes it different from Directv.  Glad I waited and didn't cancel Directv.  If you can't give a date it will be supported I will have to cancel.  Too bad--my 12 year old likes the new service.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation