Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV App video playback

Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV App video playback

When I try to watch a video on my S6 Edge that has been downloaded in the Xfinity TV app, it shows the video at the top of the screen in a 1" by 2" box with all of the information about the video below it. It has been a while since I used this app but it used to go to full screen in landscape mode as soon as you hit play. Now it stays in the small screen with no option to enlarge the video. This pretty much makes it unusable since I can't watch a video this tiny.

Xfinity TV app.JPG
Admin1

Re: Xfinity TV App video playback

Hi koreyc28 -- Start by deleting the App and re-installing it. Can you see if that corrects this issue at all? 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Hey Zach. Uninstalling an reinstalling the app was the first thing I tried but it didn't change anything. I used to use this app all the time and I never had it do this before.

Admin1

This is happening on all videos? Doesn't matter if it's Live TV, DVR Recording, or On Demand? 

Either way I'll need to open a support ticket for this but do need to know where you see this issue at. I'll also need to know if you watch content using WiFi or Mobile Network and who your Mobile Carrier is if that's what you're using. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

This might be a dumb question, but did your "Screen rotation" get turned off for your phone, in the "Quick Settings" dropdown?

Regular Visitor

Actually not a dumb question at all. In fact, a great one. My problem was related to an app I use to control my screen rotations. Everything is working fine again. Thank you very much!
New Poster

Thanks some home my auto rotate got turned off . Fixed that now my full screen is back thanks. Odd it happens after I updated this app. Thought the app just stopped having full screen.til I saw this post 😁
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation