New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV App on Samsung Smart TV

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV App on Samsung Smart TV

Did this ever happen??

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-samsung-smart-tv/

I just purchased a new Samsung Smart Tv and the app isn't in their app store as far as I can tell.

Just curious if Comcast/xfinity had a falling out with samsung or what is going on.  The HBO-Go app doesn't work either because Comcast doesn't Authorize it on a samsung smart tv.  Funny though, Verizon Fios and Time Warner both do...

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV App on Samsung Smart TV

I'm in the same boat. According to Samsung's website, not all of their SmartTVs have this app available. It's a tiny mention on the Comcast site - "If you have an eligible Samsung Smart TV" 

Check here to find out: http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G00012374645-compatible

Massively lame for my brand new 40" smart TV. I agree it's interesting that Verizon's cable option is available. Comcast is excluding their own customers from their paid service, not smart. It would be nice to know why this app wasn't designed to be available for all Samsung Smart TVs.

New Poster

I have a 40" Samsung smart TV which I now discover from numerous calls to support that the Xfinity on demand app is not available.  In addition, the HD Comcast Cable box is NOT compatable with the TV.  You can turn it on but you then need to use the Samsung controller to select the starting channel then go back to the comcast controller to select other channels.  When you shut the tv off and turn it back on the screen is red and you have to go back ands forth turnign on and off the tv to get the correct colored  screen.  The final conclusion from Comcast is that its  a Samsung problem and not their responsibility or fault.  I will be installing an antenna or looking at Uverse for a replacement option.       

New Poster

I had this issue after I recieved a Smart TV (samsung) for X-mas. The HBO app works now (with my comcast account). Maybe Samsung and Xfinity reached a deal?

New Poster

I hope it is available now.  I cant run a cable line to my new Smart TV from Samsung.  I will check the store tonight

Frequent Visitor

Works now on my Television as well, glad to see they finally worked it out.  Thanks for posting the update!

New Poster

what kind of TV do you have?

i want this on the UN55F8000 which is their flagship LED from 2013 i think?

i tried using the built in web browser, but the Flash ver is too old, 11.1 instead of 11.8 or newer.

Samsung, make the comcast xfinity app work on ALL your TVs!

New Poster

I have a compatible Samsung TV and have downloaded the Xfinity app and it does not work. I can't log in at all. I can log in fine on my phone and computer. I have call Comcast about the problem and they do not know why it's not working. I don't think anybody been able to use this app. 

Frequent Visitor

I just got a UN65F8000 and i searched for "xfinity" and "comcast" in the Samsung App store and neither showed results!?!? The F8000 series was their top of the line TV for 2013, why isnt the app available?

New Poster

I would be interested in learning if there is a comcast xfinity app as well. We recently purchased the samsung smart tv (it's a un50h5500af). I downloaded the HBOGO app yesterday and it's working fine, but we already have dish as our primary provider. Comcast is my internet provider, but in order to get a better deal they "bundled" it with their tv services. I never hooked up the box and don't intend to. I can watch additional programming from them online and would prefer to do this directly through the tv rather than my computer. Is this possible to do? I don't recall seeing an xfinity app either while searching through the app store.

New Poster

i don't know who is to blame, but it is outrageous that samsung and comcast can't get it together to get this app on the dam TV!

Official Employee

MrSinatra wrote:

i don't know who is to blame, but it is outrageous that samsung and comcast can't get it together to get this app on the dam TV!

It's only avaulable on the following 2012 TVs

• LED
    • UN75ES9000F
    • UN65ES8000F
    • UN60ES8000F
    • UN55ES8000F
    • UN46ES8000F
    • UN60ES7550F
    • UN55ES7550F
    • UN46ES7550F
    • UN60ES7500F
    • UN55ES7500F
    • UN46ES7500F  
  • PLASMA
    • PN64E8000GF
    • PN60E8000GF
    • PN51E8000GF
    • PN64E7000FF
    • PN60E7000FF
    • PN51E7000FF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

why is that, and what is being done to add a comcast app to samsung smart tvs? 

Official Employee

At this time there are no plans to add the app to other TV's. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Why?  

(ComcastChad slowly opens velcro nipple flaps)

Frequent Visitor

Dear ComcastChad,

Thanks for that perfunctory, infuriating, mandarin response.

We customers pay +$1000 per year for Comcast. We paid close to that for TV's under the safe assumption that Samsung and Comcast would work together.

It's not your fault of course, but you're an "official employee." Some details might assuage our anger, and perhaps even stop us slipping off to the competition.

I too would like to watch my cable on the new Smart Tv without a box the size of Maine hanging off the wall. 

Does Comcast have any plans to accomodate us with this request? 

Thank you.

JC

Official Employee

jcvilla wrote:

Dear ComcastChad,

Thanks for that perfunctory, infuriating, mandarin response.

We customers pay +$1000 per year for Comcast. We paid close to that for TV's under the safe assumption that Samsung and Comcast would work together.

It's not your fault of course, but you're an "official employee." Some details might assuage our anger, and perhaps even stop us slipping off to the competition.

I too would like to watch my cable on the new Smart Tv without a box the size of Maine hanging off the wall. 

Does Comcast have any plans to accomodate us with this request? 

Thank you.

JC

I wish I had a better answer for you, but there are no plans to develop the app to support 2014 TV's.    If I had to guess it becuase of low usuage with the current app.   

Just a reminder, even if  the app supported 2014 TV's you would still need a cable box connected to at least one TV in the home.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks.

I just think Samsung and Comcast should proclaim to the world you can't connect your TV to your cable through apps.

That way we can all get back to our lives and not waste days trying to achieve what seems reachable from the commercials and proclamations of easy use.

JC

Frequent Visitor

For those looking here's what I've found after some well meaning but mostly incompetent exchanges with both Samsung and Comcast:

You can not load an app for Xfinity TV Go on your Samsung TV (unless you have those few models listed online). Neither Samsung nor Comcast can say why.

Comcast told me to go to xtv.comcast.net from the web browser on the TV to stream cable, but it does not support Flash 15, required to stream in a web browser. So forget that.

Chromecast from a laptop to the TV is the only option. It stutters slightly but is okay if the laptop is close.

That's my finding after ten hours without food and exasperating communications.

JC

New Poster

JC,

Thanks for your post. I, too, recently spent the good part of 4 days contacting Comcast when my internet and cable were mysteriously out for DAYS, without any weather disturbance or explanation. Never got an explanation.

And now I find myself in the seemingly unfortunate position of having just purchased a Samsung 'Smart' TV. So, let me get this straight, Comcast releases a statement on April 08, 2014 at 11:40 PM that states:

XFINITY TV on Samsung Smart TV is an XFINITY On Demand-only service, available for download from the SMART Hub on Samsung Smart TVs. The XFINITY TV on Samsung Smart TV service provides our XFINITY TV customers the ability to search and watch XFINITY On Demand programming on their Samsung Smart TV without a set-top box.

But it's not true???!?!??!?? Except on a few 2012 models? Why release a statement in 2014, then? I wish it were unbelievable, but it's not; it's Comcast. We deserve better. Unfortunately, our options are so limited that none of the providers have any incentive to actually provide us with meaningful service. Worse yet, we are being misled. 

Just an FYI, I have heard that ATT Uverse now has wireless 'set-top' boxes.

Frequent Visitor

Agree Sandy, and no word from Comcast management.

I found ATT to be horrendous in the bay area though, so at least Comcast works here. 

New Poster

If Comcast has no plans to upgrade their app to support Samsung TV's, they should not advertise the fact that they have a relationship with Samsung.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-samsung-smart-tv/

I just bought a Samsung television with the assumption that I would be able to run the Xfinity app on my new TV. Then I find out only 4 LED TV's are compatible??? That is ridiculous!

I have 4 cable boxes in my home already, two HD. I thought this would be a nice alternative for a room seldom used.

New Poster

Just curious, I know someone mentioned Google Chromecast, but will a Roku or Apple TV support the Xfinity App or will I have the same problem?

New Poster

Comcast Chad,

Two Questions:

1. Could you tell us if there are plans in the future for this samsung smart tv app to be made available to the other tv models?

2. The Samsung representative said its only available to there new 4K televisions (i.e. there most expensive models). Did Samsung pay for the development of the app?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Official Employee

ddonna001 wrote:

Just curious, I know someone mentioned Google Chromecast, but will a Roku or Apple TV support the Xfinity App or will I have the same problem?

You will have the same issue, the TV app is not supported on those platforms.   HBO and Showtime apps are supported.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

poozes wrote:

Comcast Chad,

Two Questions:

1. Could you tell us if there are plans in the future for this samsung smart tv app to be made available to the other tv models?

2. The Samsung representative said its only available to there new 4K televisions (i.e. there most expensive models). Did Samsung pay for the development of the app?

Thanks

1) At this time there are no plans to make the XFINITY TV app available on other Samsung TV's.  Its only supported on 2012 TV's.  

2)   The Ultra HD Sample App the app is available on select Samsung 4K TV's, this app is seperate than the XFINITY TV app on Samsung.   I dont have any info on funding for the apps. 

Thanks

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Chad

Is this link no longer accurate or up to date ?

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-samsung-smart-tv/

Official Employee

amwjdw wrote:

Chad

Is this link no longer accurate or up to date ?

Its up to date and accurate, what issue do you have?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I think what he's saying is that the link indicates that the Xfinity app is available for Samsung Smart TVs now. Are you still selling 2012 models of your televisions in the current market? If not, then the link is making inaccurate statements because most of us are unable to access this Xfinity app on other Samsung model tvs.

New Poster

Here's a work around....I downloaded the Comcast Xfinity App to my cell phone and shared my cellphone screen with my brand new not-so-smart SmartTv
New Poster

The problem is mirroring does not work with an iPhone or iPad. You need an android phone
New Poster

Just got home with my new Samsung Smart TV. Bought it because Best Buy rep "checked and Xfinity is a Smart Hub" app. Poor Best Buy gal (who was super) was duped and so was I. Yo, whatever happened to truth in advertising? I found this thread and want to poke my eyeballs out. Nope, no Xfinity app. My father is bedridden from a back surgery gone wrong. The room he's in doesn't have a cable outlet. He is only 67 years old and is stuck in this room. I promised him some cable thanks to Samsungs advertising. Thanks, Samsung. I hate you. Oh! My parents pay $350 a month to Xfinity for all their channels and boxes and service plan. I'm sure anyone reading this can hear the stream of hatred coming from every inch of my being. Way to let an brilliant, bed-ridden man down with your messed up advertising. I hate you. I would never have gotten him into thinking this would work if you hadn't advertised what you had. I hate you. I'm trying to give him a life here after a surgeon ruined him. I hate you. Comcast, you need to make this right. Get on the whole Samsung-Comcast-As-Promised-Train right now.

Frequent Visitor

This is sort of a bummer, I have a (only slightly) older ES6500 series Samsung smart TV which is apparently not in the limited list of supported televisions. I just discovered that, being a Comcast Cable subscriber, they offer a show series for streaming that Netflix does not. This could be a critical move by Comcast to get customers back over from "cord cutting", but you're going to have to work a little harder than this Comcast. Smiley Happy

New Poster

Did this ever change?  I just purchased a Samsung 46" smartTV and the Xfinity Apps are not listed in the app store.

Frequent Visitor

Not since I last posted :\

New Poster

No the app is not there.   I have a listed model TV but no app and you CAN NOT run it from the linux browser on the TV.  Adobe dropped support for linux a while back and the version of flash on the TV can not run much of anything.  If you have not already bought a TV I would recommend buying a "dumb" TV and a device - notebook, tablet, phone - with a HDMI output and you can run a lot faster and a lot more from that device connected to your HDMI port on any cheap dumb TV.   You can get a wireless remote or keyboard for most notebooks and devices and control the TV too (basic functions) along with your device.

Jay Farrug

New Poster

Not only does the Xfinity app not work with Samsung, but I downloaded FoxNow from Samsung smart hub to my TV the other day. It works fine, BUT... when I went to verify it, they tell me comcast doesn't support it. ALL they need to do IS GIVE A VERIFICATION CODE for crying out loud.  I can watch FOX on my TV, on my tablet, on my laptop, and on my phone, so WHY can't I get verified to use it on my so called Smart TV???? There's a HUGE list of cable companies that DO allow it!

Also, if they don't want to let Samsung TV owner's have the app in their TV, the very LEAST they could do, is add/support the cast button to the app. I'd much rather have it in my Samsung "Smart" TV but since Comcast is too lame to do that, I wouldn't mind casting it from my phone, at least.  I have 29 apps in my phone that I can cast to my TV to watch shows and movies, but the company that I PAY FOR MY CABLE SERVICE is the ONLY app that I can't do that with. That's just beyond ridiculous Comcast.