Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV App on Ipad 2 - Channel Selector Issue

New Poster

Xfinity TV App on Ipad 2 - Channel Selector Issue

I recently upgraded my cable box to a Motorola DCX 3400/ 3400M.  I used to have a DCH3200.  The app was able to change my channels on the DCH3200 but not on the new box.  When I finished activating my new box the app recognized it as a new device and set it was compatible.  I set up the tv name but for some reason it will not recognize a channel change.  I do not receive any error messages.  Funny thing is, I can hit the record button on the TV App and the DCX 3400 immediately begins recording the program.  

Here is what I've done so far:

1. Re-installed my app
  2. Called Comcast to reset my box (waited 30 mins and then re-installed my the TV App)
  3. Successfully changed the channel on a DCH3200 in another room.  

Just for some reason I cant use the app to change the channels on the DCX 3400.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Arnold

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV App on Ipad 2 - Channel Selector Issue

you can try unplugging the box and plugging it back in and then waiting for the guide data to reload. Sometimes this is a comcast issue on their back end.  I would wait, if it doesnt come back in a few days then you can go into your box menu and you will see under set up a section that says remote set up.  You can try to go in there and delete it, then resynch again to see if that works.  

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV App on Ipad 2 - Channel Selector Issue

Sorry for not getting back sooner.  When getting a new box or changing out a box, you actually have to wait 12 - 24 hours for it to register.  I guess their database needs to refresh and do its thing.  When talking to Comcast customer service they thought 30 mins to an hour was sufficient... which definitely wasn't the case for me.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation